PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins/NHL playoff thread

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Ridiculous the B’s have to compete for the top seed after being so far ahead but here we are. B’s-Flyers today in Toronto.

No home ice advantage for anyone in this tournament except maybe Toronto a little since it’s their arena. Funny to hear announcing goals and playing music between plays with no fans in the arena. Lol

Arena looks like a cool Olympics style setup in a way. I see they’re also changing the ads on the boards to be for each region depending on the teams playing. I think they did an experiment with that a few years ago. That’s cool.

Last edited:
And now the 1 seed is in jeopardy. Wake up fellas :mad:

not a great start that is for sure

1 seed officially gone. Unreal :mad:

As soon as they announced that format I knew they were screwed.

For the most part unwatchable. No fans no excitement. I can't even talk myself into watching the Bruins. The NHL deserves to have the Coyotes win the Stanley cup.

God bless Chris Wagner - he's the perfect 4th-line Forward in the mold of Sean Thornton, but if he's your most productive player then you're in a lot of trouble...as in a first-round elimination kind of trouble...

And whenever I now see or hear the word Chara, I automatically picture the word Glacier... goodness gracious that dude is slow...

I've mentioned this a few times outside here but the B's have to come out ready to fight, play like they're down 2-1, 3 period. They don't have a switch they can turn on & off. They're too old to do that and the young guys really aren't ready to step up into that role. Really great mix of youth & talent though. I know every other team could say this rn but the team is one player away from being scary again.
Anyway they have to come out 100mph ready to rumble from the first drop. Come out & throw everything you have to a certain extent the first 5-6 minutes. Maybe switch up the lines for a shift or two next period.
Idk I haven't seen any urgency, really playing on fire from this team. Big game tomorrow I'll be listening by a pool.

I've mentioned this a few times outside here but the B's have to come out ready to fight, play like they're down 2-1, 3 period. They don't have a switch they can turn on & off. They're too old to do that and the young guys really aren't ready to step up into that role. Really great mix of youth & talent though. I know every other team could say this rn but the team is one player away from being scary again.
That's actually one of their fatal flaws: There isn't, and they're not.

Last edited:
Maybe they’ll show up against the Canes now that it counts. They better or it will be a lot quicker playoff exit than it should have been. What a letdown so far...

Last edited:
Maybe they’ll show up against the Canes now that it counts. They better or it will be a lot quicker playoff exit than it should have been. What a letdown so far...
I think I'm OK that they're facing Carolina instead of the NYI.

OH, you don't like the Bruins either. How about the Celtics and Red Sox? Are you a Pats fan?

Bruins game moved to tomorrow morning because of the Lightning Jackets game that went to 5 overtimes. 4th longest playoff game in league history.

Crazy to see a guy in net stop 85 shots (not a typo- he had 85 saves) and still lose. :eek:

The Bruins have lost their mojo for this year, IMO. And tonight their game got delayed. Ugh. This pandemic really screwed them.

Looking back you're right about the youth/talent part. I was wrong.

I think we're talented enough and have the goaltending but nah we don't have a young stable of horses.

Still though I believe we can't come out and F about. On fire from the first drop. Hope our guys are fired up.

The Bruins have lost their mojo for this year, IMO. And tonight their game got delayed. Ugh. This pandemic really screwed them.

They don't need any more excuses not to flip the switch. It's game time, maybe, stand by.

Go Tuukka

Bruins game moved to tomorrow morning because of the Lightning Jackets game that went to 5 overtimes. 4th longest playoff game in league history.

Crazy to see a guy in net stop 85 shots (not a typo- he had 85 saves) and still lose. :eek:
It was just a matter of time; Tampa was getting at least one good scoring opportunity per shift, whereas Columbus was happy to spend a bunch of time in their own zone before dumping out the puck and changing lines...sounds familiar...

Pasta to Bergy! Good start to the real season and it’s about time.

Never should've gone to OT in the first place.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back