PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Draft 2016

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ho hum ... but it's a slow sports day so I'll watch.

If I see Rask traded for draft picks I may get a bit more enthused.

so how do we all feel about charlie McAvoy? he looks good on video. they need defensemen badly. B.U. cranks out a lot of really good players that's for sure.

Last edited:
so how do we all feel about charlie McAvoy? he looks good on video. they need defensemen badly. bu cranks out a lot of really good players that's for sure.
They compared him to PK Subban ...

one can only wish it be true.

Beginning to think that visions of something great happening during an NBA or NFL draft is pure fantasy fed by the incessant babble of sports talk radio..

They all rely on conjecture and rumor, with little basis for their reasoning.. this sports yakker will be "happy" if they put together a "package" to get this top tier player____________ (insert name)..

Really like the first pick..2nd was a huge reach. Team still won't have a D for years with this roster. They could have picked Fred Flintstone for the 1st pick and i still probably would have liked this draft better than last years horror show.

And what Sweeney said about Stamkos and them making a run. Don't get your hopes up. Stamkos has the same chance of coming here as i do lacing them up for the Bs. (Come to think of it i MAY be better than Kevan Miller)

McAvoy is like Subban in which he can get the puck in his own end..and skate his way out of it all the way down the ice which PK does..and does very well

Really like the first pick..2nd was a huge reach. Team still won't have a D for years with this roster. They could have picked Fred Flintstone for the 1st pick and i still probably would have liked this draft better than last years horror show.

And what Sweeney said about Stamkos and them making a run. Don't get your hopes up. Stamkos has the same chance of coming here as i do lacing them up for the Bs. (Come to think of it i MAY be better than Kevan Miller)

McAvoy is like Subban in which he can get the puck in his own end..and skate his way out of it all the way down the ice which PK does..and does very well
i agree the 2nd pick was bull ****. they could have got him in the 2nd rd. Sweeney has done so much damage in such a short period of time. other teams are trying to take advantage of him he's so bad. they look like clowns up there making the picks.

Ho hum ... but it's a slow sports day so I'll watch.

If I see Rask traded for draft picks I may get a bit more enthused.

If Rask isn't traded by the expansion draft, then SweeNeely should leave him unprotected amd hope that Las Vegas is stupid enough to claim him.

so how do we all feel about charlie McAvoy? he looks good on video. they need defensemen badly. B.U. cranks out a lot of really good players that's for sure.
McAvoy was the 2nd-best Defenceman (and maybe 2nd-best Player) still available, behind only Jake Chychrun, who as of Christmas was considered the best Defenseman in the draft.
Chychrun is a LH shot whereas McAvoy is RH, therefore advantage McAvoy. I still might've taken Chychrun anyway.

BU is going to be very, very good next season.

McAvoy was the 2nd-best Defenceman (and maybe 2nd-best Player) still available, behind only Jake Chychrun, who as of Christmas was considered the best Defenseman in the draft.
Chychrun is a LH shot whereas McAvoy is RH, therefore advantage McAvoy. I still might've taken Chychrun anyway.

BU is going to be very, very good next season.

MA schools are basically a NHL factory. I love it

I love that first pick. It'll be interesting to see if Chychrun ends up being the better player. I think it's a toss up really. Chychrun kinda slumped down the stretch from what I had read, and maybe lost a little confidence in his game, which must have concerned teams a little bit. Still, I think they made a good choice in McAvoy.

Oh boy that second 1st round pick....bahahahahahahaha.... How do you take a player in the 1st round, and then say afterward that you don't think he's a top 6 forward. That he's a 3rd line guy or what have you. WTF are you doing running a hockey team if you're drafting players in the 1st line who's ceiling is the 3rd line?!?!?!?! I wasn't enthused with the Sweeney hire, but man he is so terrible. I still can't believe they didn't trade Erikkson at the deadline. How about giving Adam McQuaid and Kevan Miller something like a combined $6 million per. It's mind boggling

And those last 3 picks he made: pure, unfiltered garbage. They will never, ever, ever play in even one NHL game combined. There were still some decent prospects available,
and Sweeney drafts these feckin nobodies?!? What a feckin disgrace this entire organization is, from top to bottom.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back