PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2017-2018 regular season

Bruins trade their 2018 #1, plus LW/C Ryan Spooner et al to NY Rangers for LW Rick Nash.

The "et al" are LW Matt Belesky, LHD prospect Ryan Lindgren & 2019 7th-round pick. IOW, nothing that should be missed.

Another upshot to the trade, besides improving the 2nd line now likely to consist of Nash - Krejci - DeBrusk, also gives the Bs control of Nash through next season. So this is already better than the usual 1st-rounder for a Rental foolishness.
Are we gonna miss Ryan?

My mistake, Nash is indeed a free agent after this season. This trade reeks of desperation really badly now.

My mistake, Nash is indeed a free agent after this season. This trade reeks of desperation really badly now.
I wish I could storm into Sweeney's office in my best Major Hochstedter impression and chew him out.

I really want the Cup this year, after last year and the mess in Minnesota.

bad trade IMO...a lot to give up for a rental player. I really get confused with the FO sometimes and don't understand their process. I guess I'm used to the Patriots way of building a team for now and especially the future. I don't like the trade

San Jose just stole LW Evander Kane from Barfalo, if compared to the prices Sweeney paid for Holden & Nash. In the latter cases, the former student was taught a couple of lessons by his old teacher this past weekend.

To add insult to injury, Sweeney just threw-away a 2019 5th-rounder on RW Tommy Wingels, who - based on his "production" the past 4 seasons - seems more interested apparently in marching than in salvaging whatever remains of his career as he soon turns 30.

I still feel that SweeNeely sacrificed too much of their team's future for three declining 30-somethings, of whom none will be under Bruins control after July 1st. But so far, so good. The question remains: will they still have enough collective juices in them (including Krejci & Backes) to win a playoff series before eventually meeting and succumbing to a superior team such as Tampa, Washington or Pitsdirt?

Last edited:
If Tooka Rask is going to play just as badly as some nobody rookie, then why the **** is he being paid so damn much? Disgraceful "performance" by him last night, again. Bs can kiss away any chance of hosting even one PO series now.

Good to see that y'all complain this much about all sports

Any word on McAvoy?

Any word on McAvoy?
fingers crossed on him and Patrice. they need both of them if they are going to make a deep cup run. that said the last two games were a blast to watch.

fingers crossed on him and Patrice. they need both of them if they are going to make a deep cup run. that said the last two games were a blast to watch.

I love this team. They are so much more fun to watch than Julien’s Bruins. Cassidy is the right coach for them and I love the way the play tough defensively while keeping teams in their heels offensively. The playoffs are going to be great,

David Backes suspended for 3 games, beginning tonight vs Flyers.

They're not making this easy for themselves.

Rask & Khoudobin need to somehow steal 3 points this weekend, for a change. The offense can't be expected to keep up this pace with Bergeron, McEvoy & now Backes unavailable.

Well...I guess the offense can indeed be expected to keep up this pace.

As the Bs became the 7th team in league history (but strangely all 6 other times have occured since 1984, and zero before then) to sweep a 6-game homestand during which the opponents garnered zero points, they Averaged! 5 goals/game. Impressive.

What's not as impressive, however, is that they allowed an average of 3.167 goals/game. That won't come close to cutting it in the POs. The defense, including Rask, simply has to perform better. One immediate solution is to bench Brandon Carlo, who too often in his own end is situationally unaware, not tough & commits too many turnovers, and has scored ZERO goals this season. Then upon McEvoy's eventual return, rotate out another from Grzelcyk, Miller, Holden & McQuaid, whoever is performing worse at the time.

A Pyrrhic victory in Raleigh...hate those...helluva comeback though.

Last edited:
If Tooka Rask is going to play just as badly as some nobody rookie, then why the **** is he being paid so damn much? Disgraceful "performance" by him last night, again. Bs can kiss away any chance of hosting even one PO series now.
I always liked him. He's had a couple strong playoff runs.

And, his name rhymes with "mask". Gotta give that to him.

Well...I guess the offense can indeed be expected to keep up this pace.

As the Bs became the 7th team in league history (but strangely all 6 other times have occured since 1984, and zero before then) to sweep a 6-game homestand during which the opponents garnered zero points, they Averaged! 5 goals/game. Impressive.

What's not as impressive, however, is that they allowed an average of 3.167 goals/game. That won't come close to cutting it in the POs. The defense, including Rask, simply has to perform better. One immediate solution is to bench Brandon Carlo, who too often in his own end is situationally unaware, not tough & commits too many turnovers, and has scored ZERO goals this season. Then upon McEvoy's eventual return, rotate out another from Grzelcyk, Miller, Holden & McQuaid, whoever is performing worse at the time.
Most concerning is the Bruins are averaging 2.34 injuries per game.

At this rate, they will become the first team in NHL history to have more injured players than those under contract.

Hey Stoner, I think we should just go to the next game at the Garden ready to suit up at a moment's notice, just like the old days. I played goal but can do defense if need be.

Most concerning is the Bruins are averaging 2.34 injuries per game.

At this rate, they will become the first team in NHL history to have more injured players than those under contract.

Hey Stoner, I think we should just go to the next game at the Garden ready to suit up at a moment's notice, just like the old days. I played goal but can do defense if need be.
it's getting really bad. almost as bad as the Celtics injuries. they have no chance now. fingers crossed the Bruins get the injured players back in time for the playoffs. they had a legit chance at a cup before the injuries.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back