PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2017-2018 regular season

meatface

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Not a great start but the season is young.

The Ruins might just have the worst goaltending in the league. Rask is terrible. He's checked out.

its very early still. We all wanted to see the team let the young guys play and this is what we have. I think they at least look faster and interesting. Rask will be fine and if not we can trade him if we are out of the playoffs.

hey, if we suck we at least will have a high draft pick :)

The Ruins might just have the worst goaltending in the league. Rask is terrible. He's checked out.
I think the issue is that defense has gotten worse and management has not addressed it, instead they just expect that these aging players need to step up. Every young player they get impatient with and ditch them

The discouraging thing is, the defense is/was supposed to be the one position group where there is/was supposed to be an influx of not only youth, but talent. Aside from McIvoy, maybe, the the rest of the "talented" youth on defense is non-existent, now and for the forseeable future.

The Malcom Subban thing is pretty Sad/Funny. First round pick that the Bruins decided to waive and he not only beats them but shuts them out for almost the whole game. Another sign of the Bruins impatience

Subban was never going to make it with the Bruins; he sucked too badly, too often to have any chance of repairing his reputation. He had to go, it's just too bad that the incompetent FO couldn't recoup anything for him.
I still believe that he'll never amount to much if anything in the league. He was an absolutely terrible pick the moment he was drafted, 2 full rounds too early. The bigger insult is that the Ruins allowed him to beat them.

Cue the time to trade veterans for draft picks discussions.
Yes ... way early for such a discussion but this team is going nowhere - this is obvious now.
Just thought I'd throw this out there ... because you know it's inevitable and I think useful and valid to do it.
When Spooner getting injured is a concern ... you know your roster is a bunch of hanging chads.

Yeah Spooner sucks unless he's on one of the power-play units. He's nothing more than a slightly better version of little Zach (we could've had Logan Couture) Hamil. I'd love to see the FO dupe some other team into trading potentially valuable assets for him.

Anyone remember Miroslav Satan? Apparently he is the GM for the Slovakia Olympic team

Satan almost helped us beat the Hurricanes in the 2009 POs. What a(nother) choke job that was.

Satan almost helped us beat the Hurricanes in the 2009 POs. What a(nother) choke job that was.
10 points in 13 playoff games that season; which is especially impressive considering he only had 14 points during the regular season.

Anyone remember Miroslav Satan? Apparently he is the GM for the Slovakia Olympic team
Lots of skill but not a Bruin type ... word has it he had a huge puck IQ.

the Backes contract seems like a poor decision. What a crap FO

5 years, including Full No Movement until 31 May 2019.

Disgraceful.

Are there any Pats players who regularly attend Bruins games? I know some Patriots attend Celtics games pretty frequently

I hope not. I don't want the stench of the Ruins to rub off on them.

Ruins swept by Maple Laffs in home-and-home, and look absolutely Pat-thetic doing so. Everybody except Bergeron & Marchand (and maybe McAvoy) should be on sale.

I wonder what goes on in that FO on a day-to-day basis. Do they actually stop to consider just how completely they have fecked-up this franchise? If they don't, then they should, followed immediately by their resignations.

Edit: forgot to add Pasternak to the Untouchables list.

Last edited:
Malcolm Subban was just activated from IR so it looks like he will be the starter until Fleury is healthy. He and Khudobin have the same save percentage

And their SVPs are both better than Tooka We Should've Traded Him Instead of Martin Jones Rask's.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back