PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2017-2018 regular season

Tampa, Pitsdirt & Washington are the only teams in the entire conference
that should defeat the Bs in the POs.

Another impressive win by the Bs in Detroit last night. What made the win more impressive is that all 3 goals were scored by those not on the #1 line. Danton Heinen has been having a quietly effective season so far. And Rask
is playing the best hockey of his career. Still would like to see them find a capable RH Forward for the Krecji line and a #3 LH Defenseman.

Very disappointing loss yesterday. No excuse to lose to Barfalo, ever.

And Yes they still need a #3 LH defenceman to replace Grzelcyk.

Cue the time to trade veterans for draft picks discussions.
Yes ... way early for such a discussion but this team is going nowhere - this is obvious now.
Just thought I'd throw this out there ... because you know it's inevitable and I think useful and valid to do it.
When Spooner getting injured is a concern ... you know your roster is a bunch of hanging chads.
ha wrong

Tampa, Pitsdirt & Washington are the only teams in the entire conference
that should defeat the Bs in the POs.
Come playoff time, I want this team healthy and peaking.

Do you think they need to make a deal?

Will they still be winning like this in two months?

Another impressive win by the Bs in Detroit last night. What made the win more impressive is that all 3 goals were scored by those not on the #1 line. Danton Heinen has been having a quietly effective season so far. And Rask
is playing the best hockey of his career. Still would like to see them find a capable RH Forward for the Krecji line and a #3 LH Defenseman.
Bruins allowing fewest shots on net per game in NHL

Come playoff time, I want this team healthy and peaking.

Do you think they need to make a deal?

Will they still be winning like this in two months?
Yeah, I would like to see a trade made for a top-9 RH Forward a top-6 LH defenseman, but NOT just as 3-month rentals if the price to acquire either of them is a top-100 draft pick. Chiarelli made way too many of those short-sighted moves during his administration.

Carlo & Grzelcyk suck. They CANNOT be paired together, EVER. Carlo was especially clueless and Charmin-soft last night. He was directly responsible for Vancouver's first 2 goals. I stopped watching after the 3rd goal was scored, all during the first feckin period. And Vancouver sucks this season.
Brandon Carlo isn't worthy enough to unfasten Colin Miller's skate laces.

Sweeney should be able to find somebody better than at least one of them without breaking the bank.

Carlo & Grzelcyk suck. They CANNOT be paired together, EVER. Carlo was especially clueless and Charmin-soft last night. He was directly responsible for Vancouver's first 2 goals. I stopped watching after the 3rd goal was scored, all during the first feckin period. And Vancouver sucks this season.
Brandon Carlo isn't worthy enough to unfasten Colin Miller's skate laces.

Sweeney should be able to find somebody better than at least one of them without breaking the bank.
you would think the Bruins are in last place having an awful season after reading your garbage. get a grip.:rolleyes:

And who needs Kyle Connor (or Matthew Barzal) when we have Jake the Fake DeBrusk missing wide-open nets?

A 3rd-round pick for Nick Holden, a rental? O'Gara is junk, so he doesn't even factor into the trade, but this smacks of an obvious over-buy from a FO that never, ever wins in-season trades. Hell, the Rangers traded only a 4th-rounder for him not even 2 years ago.

But hey, he's gotta be better than Midget Matt Grzelcyk.

A 3rd-round pick for Nick Holden, a rental? O'Gara is junk, so he doesn't even factor into the trade, but this smacks of an obvious over-buy from a FO that never, ever wins in-season trades. Hell, the Rangers traded only a 4th-rounder for him not even 2 years ago.

But hey, he's gotta be better than Midget Matt Grzelcyk.
To be air people thought that the Avs got fleeced by only getting a 4th for Holden.

you would think the Bruins are in last place having an awful season after reading your garbage. get a grip.:rolleyes:
I remember when Garden fans used to boo Ken Hodge...in a season when he scored 50 goals and finished third in the league in points!

I like Boston fans' enthusiasm...even if it's often negative!!!

I remember when Garden fans used to boo Ken Hodge...in a season when he scored 50 goals and finished third in the league in points!

I like Boston fans' enthusiasm...even if it's often negative!!!
I have no problem being negative. but I give credit where credit is due. this Bruins season has come out of nowhere. nobody thought they would be doing what they are doing. there's not much to be negative about this year with the bruins.

Bruins trade LW Frankie Vatrano to FLA for 3rd-round pick, as per Rotoworld, though it doesn't mention what year the pick is awarded.

I like the trade in that Vatrano was obviously in Butch's doghouse for the forseeable future, so receiving a 3rd-rounder for somebody who was not part of the plan, and who signed here as a UDFA, was very good value.

I don't like the trade only because I still feel that he could've helped some line other than the top one score some goals and help re-balance the top-line-heavy offense.

I still give the trade an overall thumbs up, but the Bs are now all of a sudden a little thin in their organizational depth at LW, between Vatrano's departure and Anders Bjork's surgery that will sideline him until at least the start of training camp.

Last edited:
Bruins trade their 2018 #1, plus LW/C Ryan Spooner et al to NY Rangers for LW Rick Nash.

The "et al" are LW Matt Belesky, LHD prospect Ryan Lindgren & 2019 7th-round pick. IOW, nothing that should be missed.

EDIT: Deleted the paragraph claiming that Nash has one year remaining on his contract.
This is the final year on his contract.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back