PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brown Goes Off, Takes Shots at Patriots Owner Robert Kraft on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try.

Brady is not complaining about the cut. At no point in any of that is he even closely intimating that he should still be on the team. Let’s face it. A lot of people are concerned for the possibility of suicide right now. He hosted the guy in his house. There is a lot of personal concern.He is being personally kind and merciful to a person in crisis.

But keep twirling for AB. Your efforts are fun to watch!

There is no outright denial here. How hard would that have been to say if he was REALLY on-board with releasing Brown?

"I think there's always reports and speculation about a lot of things that I have said or have not said or have been a part of," Brady told Gray. "The reality is I don't make any personnel decisions. I don't decide to sign players, I don't decide to trade them, I don't decide to release them, I don't decide to draft them. I don't get asked. I show up and I do my job. I'm an employee like everyone else.

"I'm gonna show up this week and do the best I can do as quarterback. Maybe one day I will be an owner and I can make all the decisions that I want, but I would probably have to play another 20 years in the NFL to be able to afford that."

You’d have to be an idiot to think that Brady wouldn’t have wanted a WR the caliber of Brown here. Unfortunately, Cancel Culture has to have their say and they are very whiney and petulant.

There is no outright denial here. How hard would that have been to say if he was REALLY on-board with releasing Brown?

You’d have to be an idiot to think that Brady wouldn’t have wanted a WR the caliber of Brown here. Unfortunately, Cancel Culture has to have their say and they are very whiney and petulant.

Of course he wanted a WR of that talent to be on the team!!! If he could keep his head on straight and not group text at an accuser.........

He's a very compassionate person. He will never throw a teammate under the bus. See below - - - he didn't publicly throw him under the bus and THAT was a FAR WORSE situation.

Last edited:
Plus why publicly piss off the guy whom your family hosted a couple of weeks ago and is an expert at using his phone recording devices for millions of media consumers.............

Please tell us all why Brady should open THAT can of worms with the Kitty Kelly of the NFL?

Of course he wanted a WR of that talent to be on the team!!! If he could keep his head on straight and not group text at an accuser.........

He's a very compassionate person. He will never throw a teammate under the bus.

Okay. Now that we have that admission, we can now conclude that he was probably NOT for releasing Brown. Meaning this report may have validity and should not be dismissed outright. And Brown is no longer on the team. It’s not hard for Brady to say “I stand behind Mr. Kraft’s decision and we are moving on as a team.”

Okay. Now that we have that admission, we can now conclude that he was probably NOT for releasing Brown. Meaning this report may have validity and should not be dismissed outright. And Brown is no longer on the team. It’s not hard for Brady to say “I stand behind Mr. Kraft’s decision and we are moving on as a team.”

No. He said the same for Hernandez. You and I have no idea. And that’s the way he wants it.

No. He said the same for Hernandez. You and I have no idea. And that’s the way he wants it.
Let’s break it down to the simplest level possible and then build from there. This isn’t that hard to figure out. Kraft is a business man. He’s not a football guy. Brady and BB are football games. Their business is winning games on the field. They want the best team possible. To this, you agree that he, as the guy throwing the football, probably wanted to ride this out and keep Brown because it makes his life easier on the field...

Of course he wanted a WR of that talent to be on the team!!!

From a football standpoint, that’s all that matters. I seriously doubt Brady cares that he texted the accuser back. Brady’s business is football. Brown’s presence makes his life easier. Therefore, it stands to reason that he probably disagrees with the decision. The answer he gave only fuels the fire of speculation. He knows this. He’s been doing this for almost 20 years. Until we know more, or until he comes out and outright dismisses it, we shouldn’t be turning our nose up at those reports the way you were when I first replied to you. They may well have validity.

.....From a football standpoint, that’s all that matters. I seriously doubt Brady cares that he texted the accuser back. Brady’s business is football. Brown’s presence makes his life easier. .....

The most talent doesn’t always make the QBs life ”easier”.

Remember BB even cut Randy Moss the minute he put ego over the team.

Just ask the most talented team over the past decade - the Steelers. The me-first “talent” kept them ringless. Talent is important, but if you don’t have Team-first chemistry, there will be no banner. The Pats hoped they could instill a Team-first mentality to AB. It was a noble experiment. It was also good that they had an out.

Just ask the most talented team over the past decade - the Steelers. The me-first “talent” kept them ringless. Talent is important, but if you don’t have Team-first chemistry, there will be no banner. The Pats hoped they could instill a Team-first mentality to AB. It was a noble experiment. It was also good that they had an out.

Link to an article stating that Brown was toxic to the locker room? Because, without that, I’m not seeing where you can make that connection. He has a legal matter pending. That =/= a cancer in the locker room who won’t put the team first. Chung has a legal matter pending over blow. Is he not putting the team first? Finally, he and Brady seemed to have a pretty solid relationship in his time here... to the point where Brady isn’t exactly coming out and backing Kraft on these reports but isn’t condemning them either. You’re drawing a conclusion here that can’t be supported yet.

Again these are decisions to be made by Belichick, not Kraft. Brown was not a distraction in the lockerroom. He was cut because Kraft cared more about the reputation of the franchise than he does his own players. This is how he railroaded Brady in deflategate.

And if Brady wants Brown here, that should be enough. Maybe Brady knows a thing or two about what's needed to beat teams like the Chiefs. It's not like he sits up in the owners box every game...he's actually on the field doing something.

Last edited:
Again these are decisions to be made by Belichick, not Kraft. Brown was not a distraction in the lockerroom. He was cut because Kraft cared more about the reputation of the franchise than he does his own players. This is how he railroaded Brady in deflategate.

And if Brady wants Brown here, that should be enough. Maybe Brady knows a thing or two about what's needed to beat teams like the Chiefs. It's not like he sits up in the owners box every game...he's actually on the field doing something.

He was probably going to be put on exempt list anyway after his dumbass tweet. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kraft got a heads up from goofdell what was going down.

Brady would never speak a bad word about a teammate, and to those who would then they need to lay off the mediot koolaid.

Nice try.

Brady is not complaining about the cut. At no point in any of that is he even closely intimating that he should still be on the team. Let’s face it. A lot of people are concerned for the possibility of suicide right now. He hosted the guy in his house. There is a lot of personal concern.He is being personally kind and merciful to a person in crisis.

But keep twirling for AB. Your efforts are fun to watch!

Well said, I think Brady is genially concerned for AB.

Remember Brady had another person that was a teammate for years who started down the wrong path, killed a couple of people, and then took his own life. I can't believe that didn't affect somebody who is as compassionate and a good of a leader as Brady. There was probably a time that Brady saw Hernandez start some self-destructive behavior (if nothing else hanging around with the wrong sorts). Of course, probably nothing that Brady or anyone else could have done could have saved Hernandez, but it wouldn't be human if he didn't occasionally wonder if he could have done more.

AB has exhibited no criminal behavior like Hernandez (presumably), so let me make that clear. Nevertheless, there are some warning signals about AB's mental health (in different ways) and I think it is admirable that Brady is concerned.

He was probably going to be put on exempt list anyway after his dumbass tweet. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kraft got a heads up from goofdell what was going down.

That's fine but Bill should make the call...

Of course Brady wasn't on board with releasing AB.

1. Brady wants 3 yr extension with guaranteed $$ after winning franchise SB #6;
2. Kraft says nope, we'll give you a raise for this year, that's it cause your old and need to prove yourself;
3. TB shortly thereafter lists his house for sale;
4. BB comes to TB and says I got you a new shiny toy. TB salivates and thinks, this is going to be a banner year;
5. AB gets slaughtered in the media over 2 yo civil allegations (no criminal charges filed);
6. AB sends stupid texts;
7. TB and BB say please don't take our shiny toy away Bob, I mean you got head from a hoe and they have it on video;
8. Kraft says, sorry guys I'll look good if I cut AB since everyone hates him anyway and Goody says he'll cut me some slack over my whoreing. We'll blame it on the texts, the suckers will buy it, lol;
9. AB is released;
10. NFL issues statement threatening all teams with exempt list if they hire him.
11. Shmessy gets free Gillette parking passes from Kraft for pushing the "released because of texts" line at multiple pats forums and on Yahoo.

Tie it up with a nice pretty bow.

Last edited:
Venecol, it's ovah.

Brady is not happy that AB was released. That is not difficult to deduce. AB would have transformed this offense into something amazing and that is suddenly no more because Bob didn’t like how it reflected on the organization (himself) to keep him around any longer.

...The Pats hoped they could instill a Team-first mentality to AB. It was a noble experiment. It was also good that they had an out.
Does that particular Out include regaining the $5M in lost salary-cap space this season? Because that's all about which I really care right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back