PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos vs Panthers Super Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do the former SB MVPs appear on the field?

Looks like secondary market ticket prices held firm at $3,000 for lowest-price nosebleeds. Outrageous! Unless you have a good connection, win your team's lottery, etc., how can the average fan afford to go? I know I wouldn't.

can they stop calling hgh " the sheriff "...sounds ridiculous
It makes a lot of sense, nobody can bust a guy that high on the totem pole. That's how he gets away with HGH.

Ok, just back from Taco Bell, got the 12 pack of tacos. Still can't believe I have to choose Between PEDton and the laptop thief.

Is there anyway this game could end 2-0?

People hoping that the Panthers don't blow them out are crazy. If the Panthers kill them then we can say that we wouldn't have won against them anyway. But if somehow the Broncos keep it close or even win? Then our loss will be waaaay worse.

Lol kind of a silly line of thinking if you ask me but I have already seen people say we would have gotten smoked by the panthers anyways. And regardless of how the broncos play them that doesn't mean we would have played them the same way. We will never know if we would have won the SB. I do know you have to make it there to have a chance to win it tho. Even if the panthers blow out the broncos that won't make me anymore happy or relieved that we didn't make it. I always want a shot to win the SB if we can have it because you never know what can happen.

Apparently Manning asked to be apart of the MVP ceremony before the game
Seriously? Dude you're playing IN THE GAME... Wonder if he is just gonna mail it in later

What timing on my part: I put on the pre game show and they are interviewing Manning...or should I say sucking up to him!!! UGH!!!!!

"A big fat nothing."

If I had partaken in a drinking game where everybody did a shot whenever we heard 'Denver number one ranked defense', I would be dead by now.

Why is this such a huge talking point? The way it is presented one would think there is a mile-wide difference between the two D's. When Carolina is discussed the talk is restricted to Cam Newton and their offense.

Points allowed: Denver 18.5 (4th); Carolina 19.3 (6th).

A whopping zero-point-eight point per game difference.

No mention that Carolina led the league with 39 takeaways, 12 more than Denver.

Thanks to today's 'professional' television commentary, 99.999% of the people watching the game have no idea how comparable these two defenses are. I realize they have to dumb it down to attract the attention of casual observers, but this is ridiculous.

He's getting choked up...my gawd

What timing on my part: I put on the pre game show and they are interviewing Manning...or should I say sucking up to him!!! UGH!!!!!
I'm watching past Homeland shows ... the Manning suck up meter must be all the way to the limit.
Watching the game only ... today's pregame stuff must be upper level UGH!!!!

Manning looks relaxed and joking on the field. Could work out well for him.He has nothing to lose.

Manning looks relaxed and joking on the field. Could work out well for him.He has nothing to lose.

True. The panthers looked like the best team in the nfl this year. We will see if they close it out.

Windy too....ouch for Denver. I think they are gonna get smoked.

If I had partaken in a drinking game where everybody did a shot whenever we heard 'Denver number one ranked defense', I would be dead by now.

Why is this such a huge talking point? The way it is presented one would think there is a mile-wide difference between the two D's. When Carolina is discussed the talk is restricted to Cam Newton and their offense.

Points allowed: Denver 18.5 (4th); Carolina 19.3 (6th).

A whopping zero-point-eight point per game difference.

No mention that Carolina led the league with 39 takeaways, 12 more than Denver.

Thanks to today's 'professional' television commentary, 99.999% of the people watching the game have no idea how comparable these two defenses are. I realize they have to dumb it down to attract the attention of casual observers, but this is ridiculous.

Carolina was +20 in turnovers and Denver was -4. Denver STILL gave up less points. To me, that suggests they are a significantly better defense, independent of turnovers. And as Pats fans have found out, sometimes relying on turnovers doesn't work in the biggest games.

That's to say nothing of personnel. Denver is stacked at all three levels on D. Carolina has a great front 7, but outside of Norman, their secondary is suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back