PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos request permission to speak to jerod mayo

I agree with the thoughts on Mayo. You can be great with Xs and Os but if you can't get guys to buy in and want to play for you, it doesn't matter. Mayo's got the personality to be successful and I'd be willing to bet that like Flores, he would be if he also surrounded himself with the right people.

On Flores, I think I read something that the issue was he wanted more decisions to go through him instead of just being brought into the loop, which is apparently where the problem was. I forget the link so I'll have to dig it out, but I think that's what caused the conflict and led to him being let go.
In short, clashing with the gm and Ross picked the gm?

In short, clashing with the gm and Ross picked the gm?
Basically. Sounded like Flores wanted more authority and they sided with the GM. That's apparently where the "collaboration" part (I believe that was the word they used in the statement when they announced the firing) stemmed from.

Not necessarily. What that tells me is that the GM isn't drafting well. The coach can only cook with the ingredients he has.

put it this way: which of the QBs the Broncos put under center since Manning retired, was the head coach supposed to turn into the next Elway? Osweiler? Semien? The corpse of Joe Flacco?

Drew Lock showed SOME promise but the rest was a bag of concentrated refuse and Lock didn't have enough around him to carry the team. Lock himself is more of a really good QB2.

Coaches have to work with what the GM gives them. In my estimation a lot of what's going wrong in Colorado begins from the very top.
Im not saying it didn't start in the front office. That's why horseface was replaced as the GM.

Fangio wasnt able to utilize what he had on offense effectively. That side of the ball needs attention.

Iirc, two of the last 3 coaches for the donks have been defense oriented.
So, maybe it's time for a different direction eh?

How do you utilize THAT effectively? Fangio's only fault is not being able to spin crap into gold. This one doesn't begin at the head office, it begins AND ENDS there.

the Bronco front office has been militantly indifferent to the need to even consider prioritizing offense in the draft. That's not on the coach!

Their only offensive success since the McDaniels era was Phillip Lindsey, an undrafted guy who blossomed as a star by complete accident. Not only did they fail to build around that success but by my estimation they failed to TRY to do so. you can only get so far by going off-brand on every single offensive position including QB

How do you utilize THAT effectively? Fangio's only fault is not being able to spin crap into gold. This one doesn't begin at the head office, it begins AND ENDS there.

the Bronco front office has been militantly indifferent to the need to even consider prioritizing offense in the draft. That's not on the coach!

Their only offensive success since the McDaniels era was Phillip Lindsey, an undrafted guy who blossomed as a star by complete accident. Not only did they fail to build around that success but by my estimation they failed to TRY to do so. you can only get so far by going off-brand on every single offensive position including QB
I see a lot of talent in that offense. Just not at qb.

I’m not sure I would call it “passed over”. He has 3 years experience as an OC and it’s reasonable to question how much of the success is him vs Reid/mahomes and all the weapons.
He’s been a candidate but it’s not like he was clearly the best choice and didn’t get jobs. I don’t know the answer but how many hires had 3 or less years in a coordinator role, in the last couple of years when he would be a candidate? I wouldn’t imagine a lot.

Joey Judge off the top of my head... Betcha the Vagiants wished they had hired Sleeping with Bienemy instead of that ****ing Little-Little Billy acolyte azzhole now...

Joey Judge off the top of my head... Betcha the Vagiants wished they had hired Sleeping with Bienemy instead of that ****ing Little-Little Billy acolyte azzhole now...
Judge was a coordinator for 8 years and his team went to 4 Sbs and won 3, so no he didn’t have as little experience as Bieniemy

I’m not sure I would call it “passed over”. He has 3 years experience as an OC and it’s reasonable to question how much of the success is him vs Reid/mahomes and all the weapons.
He’s been a candidate but it’s not like he was clearly the best choice and didn’t get jobs. I don’t know the answer but how many hires had 3 or less years in a coordinator role, in the last couple of years when he would be a candidate? I wouldn’t imagine a lot.
Josh apparently has taken to using emojis when he doesn’t like facts that he can’t refute.

Broncos are apparently targeting the Packers QB coach and offensive coordinator, Nathaniel Hackett, for the HC job. That would mean that they are trying to get Rodgers to Denver...that would shake things up so much in both the NFC and AFC.

I see a lot of talent in that offense. Just not at qb.
I think if there was a "lot of talent in that offense," a mediocre QB like Lock would have been able to do a bit more.

I'm not saying they're completely talentless, all NFL offenses luck into at least some talent by accident, but I don't see an offense that is set up to compete.

Special Teams coach isn't the same as OC or DC.
It’s a coordinator position. In determining whether bienemy was “bypassed” a guy with 8 years as a coordinator is not less experienced than a guy with 2.

OK I'll make it simple then:

Eric Sleeping with Bienemy is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joey ****ing Judge.

So the Broncos are going to interview about 125 people for the position. At some point, it just becomes obvious that they're using the coaching search as opposition research.
I think that might be giving them too much credit. They can't figure out who their owner, coach, and qb are.... I don't think they have people within the organization that are capable of having that much insight.

I think Mayo has done a great job. I hope he sticks around for many more years.

Reactions: Ian
It’s a coordinator position. In determining whether bienemy was “bypassed” a guy with 8 years as a coordinator is not less experienced than a guy with 2.
Bieniemy's been coaching longer than I thought... he's been coaching in college and the NFL since 2001, on top of the 9 years he spent in the NFL as a player ... vs Joe Judge, who started in 2005...

Bieniemy's been coaching longer than I thought... he's been coaching in college and the NFL since 2001, on top of the 9 years he spent in the NFL as a player ... vs Joe Judge, who started in 2005...

Bieniemy has a dark past. Perfect fit for the Chiefs. He a PR scramble if he gets hired for HC role.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back