PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos looking to trade CB Foxworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's he worth? A 4th or 5th round pick?

he was a 3rd round pick actually

Yeah you're right, my mistake. He was the draft class with Darrent Williams and Karl Paymah for Denver. I've been reading that a 4th or 5th will get it done though.

umm Samuel played both sides. that year he had 10 picks...he played like 6 games at right then they switched him over after Hobb's injury to the wrist.
Not sure about that...but he really PREFERS that one side..and that really to me shows he's a bit limited...

Here's what BB had to say on WEEI's Coffee w/the coach show this afternoon. Not sure if this means Foxworth in Foxboro but there will be other moves made it seems.

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.co...transcript.htm

BB: Well, it has been a busy few days since we last got together. We had a lot of roster transactions. It is that time of year. I am sure there will be more before the week is over.

Last edited:
How tall is he? We don't need another mighty mite out there.

5-11 180lbs. Average size.

2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 67
Alert: None

Comment: Foxworth, a four-year veteran, is a backup who sees a lot of action as Denver's primary nickelback. He is a good athlete who has the quick feet and loose hips to smoothly turn and run with receivers. He's quick in transition and shows a good burst to close on the ball. He has a nice recovery burst to catch up when a receiver does manage to get a step on him downfield. He can extend the cushion with his backpedal and shows good route recognition from zone. He lacks ideal size and strength. He can be overpowered by bigger receivers and he isn't the strongest tackler in run support. He has improved his ability to locate the ball as a receiver reacts, but his ball skills still need some work. Foxworth seems on track to win a starting job somewhere in the near future, but his size limitations will prevent him from rising to elite status.

Last edited:
5-11 180lbs. Average size.

(from the evil empire)

Comment: Foxworth, a four-year veteran, is a backup who sees a lot of action as Denver's primary nickelback. He is a good athlete who has the quick feet and loose hips to smoothly turn and run with receivers. He's quick in transition and shows a good burst to close on the ball. He has a nice recovery burst to catch up when a receiver does manage to get a step on him downfield. He can extend the cushion with his backpedal and shows good route recognition from zone. He lacks ideal size and strength. He can be overpowered by bigger receivers and he isn't the strongest tackler in run support. He has improved his ability to locate the ball as a receiver reacts, but his ball skills still need some work. Foxworth seems on track to win a starting job somewhere in the near future, but his size limitations will prevent him from rising to elite status.

Size limitations???? If he really is 5'11", then he would be a giant to our CB's.

If the Pats trade for him he is awesome, a lock down stud. If he doesn't come to the Pats he is a flat out stiff who can't cover Vince Wilfork.

Pioli was interviwed at half time of one of the preseason games and he said the Pats prefer shorter CB's because they tend to have quick feet and loose hips to run smoothly with WR's, more often than bigger CB's. He said it's not always true but in most cases. They're also quicker in transition which enables them to break for the ball and make plays.

If the Pats trade for him he is awesome, a lock down stud. If he doesn't come to the Pats he is a flat out stiff who can't cover Vince Wilfork.

How often does this comment need to be made? Way to stick it to all the people you perceive as homers, I'm sure they've never heard such accusations.

That said, I'm pretty sure he'd have a hard time playing press coverage on Wilfork. Jamming a human bowling ball at the line is no small feat.

How often does this comment need to be made? Way to stick it to all the people you perceive as homers, I'm sure they've never heard such accusations.

That said, I'm pretty sure he'd have a hard time playing press coverage on Wilfork. Jamming a human bowling ball at the line is no small feat.

Alright, well now you've got me picturing Vince Wilfork running a quick slant route. Way to go.

Don't forget the spin move.

Alright, well now you've got me picturing Vince Wilfork running a quick slant route. Way to go.

Trust me, it's my football dream to see Wilfork split out to run the bubble screen.

Everyone's talking draft picks for the guy here but I think Shanahan is looking for a body, namely, a defensive lineman. Interior lineman, to more precise. There is a need on that team for such, and I think the only way Shanahan views the possibility of getting one more than merely "decent" is to dangle something like Foxworth, just to see if there are any takers.

Just my 2 cents....

Everyone's talking draft picks for the guy here but I think Shanahan is looking for a body, namely, a defensive lineman. Interior lineman, to more precise. There is a need on that team for such, and I think the only way Shanahan views the possibility of getting one more than merely "decent" is to dangle something like Foxworth, just to see if there are any takers.

Just my 2 cents....

If that's the case I doubt we do anything, considering we're carrying only six lineman. I don't think BB would want to replace Mike Wright or Le Kevin Smith with Santonio Thomas, or someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes