PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos fans must be crappin' bricks right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
His career numbers, not just last night's numbers, disagree with you.

While I agree with you on this, keep in mind that until last season, every single one of Manning's cold weather games were also road games, where, for many reasons, it's much harder to play well and win. Most of Brady's cold weather games are home.

That's definitely a factor in the equation.

While I agree with you on this, keep in mind that until last season, every single one of Manning's cold weather games were also road games, where, for many reasons, it's much harder to play well and win. Most of Brady's cold weather games are home.

Boooooooooooooo! :D

Boo wendy Testaburger.. Boo - YouTube

It's not near enough of a factor to explain away the discrepancy, because he plays road games in temperatures above 30 degrees, too.

19 for 36 for 150 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT are not terrible numbers for cold weather. Those are blah numbers for cold weather. If Manning had gone 0 TD 3 INT I could see "terrible."

But maybe if we all agree that Peyton Manning is absolutely terrible in cold weather and can't possibly win a Super Bowl the echo chamber effect will stop him from performing well enough to win a Super Bowl, just like it stopped Eli Manning and Joe Flacco from getting hot at the right time the last few years.

I don't think it's as black and white as Manning is terrible in the cold. Yes, it's true, he certainly struggled with velocity last night and that was in contrast to arguably the best cold weather QB of all-time. However, the Broncos still have plenty of hope.

1. Julius Thomas was a major loss, as tight ends have ripped that Pats defense this year. The Patriots match up extremely well with Denver if J. Thomas is out, since Talib might be the league's best matchup versus D. Thomas while their #2 corner (Dennard/Ryan) is also very adequate to contain Decker. Jacob Tamme roasted the Pats last night, so just imagine what J. Thomas might have done.

2. Manning is also playing with a high ankle sprain, and last night's game was REALLY cold, not just cold. I'm not sure that they'll need to deal with such extreme wind chill again.

3. Biggest point is that the Patriots allowed 400 plus yards to the Broncos because they completely sold out to the pass all game, figuring it's better to allow 6 yard runs than 40 yard passes. Manning did not play as badly as people on here are making it out to be. He took what the defense gave him for the most part, and the Broncos had some success moving the football. Had Manning really been as awful as pundits are claiming, why not just stack 8 in the box to stop the run? I think we know the answer to that.

4. Not trying to defend Manning- again he didn't play well and often struggles in the cold- but I hardly think Denver is cooked. If I were a Broncos fan, I would be much more concerned about that defense. I think they are pretenders on that side of the ball.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. His ankle is definitely sprained, but there's very little chance Manning is playing with a high ankle sprain. I remember Rodney and Dungy talking about this before the KC/DEN game two Sundays ago and both agreed that, by the way Manning was playing, it didn't look like a high ankle sprain at all.

Granted I'm no doctor and could be wrong.

Looks like this broncos fan is justifying the loss by convincing himself of untrue facts...:rofl:

I'm going to repeat this for your understanding. Manning and Brady have played 14 times. Brady holds a commanding lead in two categories in those meetings. Wins (10) and games played at home (12). I have a feeling that the schedule makers have as much to do with the lopsided feeling to this rivalry as much as the players on the field.

Great quarterbacks own their home field.

and some are even believing him...:lol2:

This fact is ridiculous. I agree the division should be more equal. There have been so many close games too between Manning and Brady (in NE). I wonder how the win/losses would look with a more equal division.

Manning's Play - Page 4

Manning's Play - Page 12

For the record, It's been 6 home games for Brady, and 5 home games for Manning, with Brady also having 2 home playoff games vs 1 home playoff game for Manning

19 for 36 for 150 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT are not terrible numbers for cold weather. Those are blah numbers for cold weather. If Manning had gone 0 TD 3 INT I could see "terrible."

But maybe if we all agree that Peyton Manning is absolutely terrible in cold weather and can't possibly win a Super Bowl the echo chamber effect will stop him from performing well enough to win a Super Bowl, just like it stopped Eli Manning and Joe Flacco from getting hot at the right time the last few years.

:noidea:

Well, I assume we could all agree that we're talking comparatively here. He hasn't gotten that 1-5 record, or the significantly lower QB rating, because of 5 fluke losses. He's 10-7 in games when the temp runs under 40 degrees, but only 1-5 when it actually dips under 30 degrees, after all.

considering what manning has been doing this year, those are pretty poor numbers...he really shouldve had 2 interceptions not for the ticky tack penalty on talib

:noidea:

Well, I assume we could all agree that we're talking comparatively here. He hasn't gotten that 1-5 record, or the significantly lower QB rating, because of 5 fluke losses. He's 10-7 in games when the temp runs under 40 degrees, but only 1-5 when it actually dips under 30 degrees, after all.

I wish I had the actual games so I could look at how much he lost by and what he threw for. I agree if his team gets routinely blown out there's something to it. If they're all close games, is well within possibility and the law of averages he could win three straight this year and hoist a Lombardi.

As ivanvamp pointed out, the vast majority of Peyton's cold weather games have happened on the road. Here are the stat lines from the two cold-weather games Peyton has played at home (i.e. at Mile High):

vs. KC 12/30/12 RESULT 38-3
23/29 304 yards 3 TD 0 INT 144.8 RTG

vs. BALT 1/12/13 RESULT: 35-38
28/43 290 yards 3 TD 2 INT 88.3 RTG

Those aren't terrible numbers either.

I wish I had the actual games so I could look at how much he lost by and what he threw for. I agree if his team gets routinely blown out there's something to it. If they're all close games, is well within possibility and the law of averages he could win three straight this year and hoist a Lombardi.

As ivanvamp pointed out, the vast majority of Peyton's cold weather games have happened on the road. Here are the stat lines from the two cold-weather games Peyton has played at home (i.e. at Mile High):

vs. KC 12/30/12 RESULT 38-3
23/29 304 yards 3 TD 0 INT 144.8 RTG

vs. BALT 1/12/13 RESULT: 35-38
28/43 290 yards 3 TD 2 INT 88.3 RTG

Those aren't terrible numbers either.

KC game was 35 degrees, and he was going against a team that had mailed it in.

Ravens game, we all (or most) remember. Many bad throws, several breaks and a godawful pick 6

KC game was 35 degrees, and he was going against a team that had mailed it in.

Ravens game, we all (or most) remember. Many bad throws, several breaks and a godawful pick 6

We will have to disagree on what constitutes a black-and-white terrible QB performance.

I just wouldn't want to delude the board that the Pats or any other team will have the game sewn up in the bag against Peyton in the playoffs, particularly if that game is at Mile High.

We will have to disagree on what constitutes a black-and-white terrible QB performance.

I just wouldn't want to delude the board that the Pats or any other team will have the game sewn up in the bag against Peyton in the playoffs, particularly if that game is at Mile High.

AT this stage of his career, I'd rather the Patriots face Manning with wind than cold, personally, but the numbers are what the numbers are. Playing Manning in freezing weather is a high percentage shot for the opponent. We can look into the "why", of course (quality of opponents might well figure into that, as well), but the "what" is already there.

Great to see you posting again, BTW.

As long as I've been watching Manning the Pundits have been picking him to win the SB and as long as I can remember they're always shocked when he puts forward a clunker of a game when it matters most.

They will be shocked again in January and predicting a SB for him by August again. It's like Groundhog Day.

The result last night was all about circumstances...the Broncos initially got out to a big lead and were running the ball very effectively. That's why the passing attempts and yds were down. The wind didn't help. However we still saw several great passes by Manning, even some with zing.

Don't fall victim to the false narrative.

Most QB's have bad numbers in terrible weather. I mean, Brady couldn't move his mouth during the post-game on the field. He had hand warmers in his pockets the entire game, and put on a coat and stocking hat on the sideline as well.

The cold wasn't the difference in the score. The cold was why both teams kept turning it over. Manning was responsible for 1 turnover last night. Brady was also responsible for 1 turnover last night. The running backs on both teams were responsible for a bunch of others.

:bricks::bricks:

I don't think it's as black and white as Manning is terrible in the cold. Yes, it's true, he certainly struggled with velocity last night and that was in contrast to arguably the best cold weather QB of all-time. However, the Broncos still have plenty of hope.

1. Julius Thomas was a major loss, as tight ends have ripped that Pats defense this year. The Patriots match up extremely well with Denver if J. Thomas is out, since Talib might be the league's best matchup versus D. Thomas while their #2 corner (Dennard/Ryan) is also very adequate to contain Decker. Jacob Tamme roasted the Pats last night, so just imagine what J. Thomas might have done.

2. Manning is also playing with a high ankle sprain, and last night's game was REALLY cold, not just cold. I'm not sure that they'll need to deal with such extreme wind chill again.

3. Biggest point is that the Patriots allowed 400 plus yards to the Broncos because they completely sold out to the pass all game, figuring it's better to allow 6 yard runs than 40 yard passes. Manning did not play as badly as people on here are making it out to be. He took what the defense gave him for the most part, and the Broncos had some success moving the football. Had Manning really been as awful as pundits are claiming, why not just stack 8 in the box to stop the run? I think we know the answer to that.

4. Not trying to defend Manning- again he didn't play well and often struggles in the cold- but I hardly think Denver is cooked. If I were a Broncos fan, I would be much more concerned about that defense. I think they are pretenders on that side of the ball.

Not really buying into the injury thing. Every team is dealing with injuries right now. Before this game, I think they were in better shape than most teams. I can think of one particular team that is dealing with ALOT MORE injuries. That they played last night

A factor? Sure. But simple fact of the matter is if you look at his overall road record in good weather versus his overall road record in bad weather, there is a statistical discrepancy there.

I'm not being a homer, just calling it as it is: 150 yards in 36 attempts is pretty darn bad. And the offense pretty much generated only 14 points in 72 minutes of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back