PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos: Easiest path to the #1 seed ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who clamours for proof by stats, then names off total defense as one of those stats deserves to be hit over the head with a bowling ball.

and therein lies the Orange Paradox...a hit over the head with a bowling ball ,in all probability, would INCREASE his mental acuity to a level equal that of a bowling ten pin.

Man I hope the Patriots win the Superbowl this season just for the shut ups.

I outlined in an earlier post (which you ignored as I said) that this was his best stretch of games was games 4-9. Ok call good wins "Quality" wins over opponents that finished .500 or better.
Cool make up your own statistics on the fly after the fact, good sign of a solid argument there.

The statistic for no answer for Brady is your #3 defense allowing 39 points a game to him, thought that was fairly evident.
Technically the #3 defense allowed 31 pts to him, considering the other 2 games were in 2011 under a different defensive coordinator, and does not factor into the #3 defense ranking for 2012. So yeah, this number is incorrect.

Goodnight, I hope the board is cleansed of you in the morning
...So I can't humiliate you anymore with your lame skewed statistics. Haha well good luck buddy.

and therein lies the Orange Paradox...a hit over the head with a bowling ball ,in all probability, would INCREASE his mental acuity to a level equal that of a bowling ten pin.

GIFSoup

In response to us not being as good as our record, I'm just going to quote myself. Getting to the playoffs is the first step, winning games in the playoffs is almost like a totally different football season. Historically Manning has struggled coming off a bye...neither of us have actually won a Super Bowl in some time now.

We're a good team. The pats are a good, possibly better team. Being home helps us, but when it comes time to play the game, who knows what will happen. I really can't see a team other than the pats or broncos representing the afc in the Super Bowl though.

Thank you for a serious post.

May the best team win.

I go to school in Denver, and if god willing, Ill be at the game. I would love to see a snow storm and have that Mile High homefield advantage turn into a TB advantage because we all know PM is ***** in the cold and snow.

anyone who clamours for proof by stats, then names off total defense as one of those stats deserves to be hit over the head with a bowling ball.
I was just responding to his garbage, not-even-stats, since he said I so conveniently ignored them earlier. I didn't "clamour" for anything, but nice try.

What stats? I'm sure these stats mean more than any tailored or random stats you probably pulled out of your arse.

#2 Total Offense
#3 Total Defense
(before this week)

We've played 3 of the top 5 total defenses. And 5 of the top 10 including the #8 Jets twice.

We've played 3 of the top 5 scoring defenses including the #1 and 2 teams. And 5 of 10 including the #7 Miami twice. We're #9 so really 5 of 9.

Despite all of this we managed to be the #1 offense in yards and scoring and its not even CLOSE. You havent played ANY stout defenses in comparison unless you cant the Falcons who are the definitions of Paper Tigers.

Weve also played 5 of the top 10 scoring offenses.

Should be a good matchup and playing Manning is always scary but with a healthy Pats team, theres no team we cant beat. Youre not the only team thats evolved over the season

Yep another fact.

Wasn't playing the matchup game. Was just saying it's funny when this guy tries to validate a loss instead of working with FACTS.

"BUT, BUT, BUT, the Ravens were healthy when we lost to them and they weren't when you played them!!!!1!!"

That team lost to the CHARLIE BATCH LED STEELERS.

You think the Broncos or Patriots would ever lose in that circumstance? Not a chance in h**l.

Comparing matchups does work, sometimes. But context needs to be take into account.

Despite all of this we managed to be the #1 offense in yards and scoring and its not even CLOSE.
If we ran up the score as often as you do I'm sure we would've contended for or even overtaken that #1 spot. We're one spot behind you, all while running the ball the majority of the time in the 4th quarter during our streak. Cause most of the time the games were already in hand.

Imagine if we "played 4 quarters" with our creampuff schedule as many of you would put it?

That team lost to the CHARLIE BATCH LED STEELERS.

You think the Broncos or Patriots would ever lose in that circumstance? Not a chance in h**l.
The Patriots lost to the NINE LOSS IN A ROW CARDINALS.

See what I did there? This is the NFL. **** happens. The bold is just a foolish way of thinking.

The Patriots lost to the NINE LOSS IN A ROW CARDINALS.

See what I did there? This is the NFL. **** happens. The bold is just a foolish way of thinking.

Actually we lost to the 1 win in a row Cardinals who went on to win 4 in a row. Two of them being playoff teams. Like I said, teams change over time.

Please dont nitpick my arguments by the way. You chose to argue one point, not rebut the entire thing.

The 7-9 Dolphins would be tied for the third best record on your 11 game win streak but since we beat them (twice) they are apparently one of the weakest teams in the NFL.

The Ravens lost to a team led by Batch, a 37 year old backup who has started less than 10 games in his career. That is a FACT. Congrats on that huge win.

The Bungles had lost 3 in a row before you played them.

The bottom 3 in our division has 6 more wins than your bottom 3. Christ, your division will have the #1 and #3 overall picks. Dont say we play in a weak division when KC and Oakland combine to total the wins of the Jets or Bills.

The Saints were 2 and 5 when you played them and the Bucs were 6-5. There were plenty of teams that didnt have 5 losses all season. Dont tell me they were the "hottest teams in football." We both know thats BS.

Weve played 3 of the top 5 teams in both total defense and scoring defense. Youve played 1 of the top 5 scoring defenses (adjusted for you being within the top 5) and 1 of the top 5 total defenses (once again adjusted for you being within the top 5). Despite playing tougher competition, we outscored by more than 4 PPG. Please dont say you dont run the score up because you run the ball because we all know thats BS. We're 7th in the league in rushing youre 16th.

And if you think the Broncos or Pats would EVER lose to Charlie Batch then you have zero confidence in your team. I know that BB and TB would never allow themselves to lose to such a team. Maybe thats why they have, by an enormous margin, the highest winning percentage as a HC/QB tandem.

Please respond to my entire argument not just one point.

Youre wasting everyones time on this board.

Last edited:
Actually we lost to the 1 win in a row Cardinals who went on to win 4 in a row. Two of them being playoff teams. Like I said, teams change over time.

Please dont nitpick my arguments by the way. You chose to argue one point, not rebut the entire thing.

The 7-9 Dolphins would be tied for the third best record on your 11 game win streak but since we beat them (twice) they are apparently one of the weakest teams in the NFL.

The Ravens lost to a team led by Batch, a 37 year old backup who has started less than 10 games in his career. That is a FACT. Congrats on that huge win.

The Bungles had lost 3 in a row before you played them.

The bottom 3 in our division has 6 more wins than your bottom 3. Christ, your division will have the #1 and #3 overall picks. Dont say we play in a weak division when KC and Oakland combine to total the wins of the Jets or Bills.

The Saints were 2 and 5 when you played them and the Bucs were 6-5. There were plenty of teams that didnt have 5 losses all season. Dont tell me they were the "hottest teams in football." We both know thats BS.

Weve played 3 of the top 5 teams in both total defense and scoring defense. Youve played 1 of the top 5 scoring defenses (adjusted for you being within the top 5) and 1 of the top 5 total defenses (once again adjusted for you being within the top 5). Despite playing tougher competition, we outscored by more than 4 PPG. Please dont say you dont run the score up because you run the ball because we all know thats BS. We're 7th in the league in rushing youre 16th.

And if you think the Broncos or Pats would EVER lose to Charlie Batch then you have zero confidence in your team. I know that BB and TB would never allow themselves to lose to such a team. Maybe thats why they have, by an enormous margin, the highest winning percentage as a HC/QB tandem.

Please respond to my entire argument not just one point.

Youre wasting everyones time on this board.
No, you wasted YOUR time posting skewed stats that only Pats fans give a damn about. Here are stats that people actually keep track of (and care about):

Denver Broncos:
#4 Total Offense
#2 Total Defense

New England Patriots:
#1 Total Offense
#25 Total Defense

What IS your entire argument anyway? That the Pats have played a tougher schedule? Of course they have. Nobody is arguing that. What's funny is you post all these random stats like your SOS was 500% harder. Keep posting 'em if it makes you feel better, it's amusing to me.

And if you think the Broncos or Pats would EVER lose to Charlie Batch then you have zero confidence in your team.
You're a moron. No other way to say it. This isn't like some godly #1 CFB team playing a Div. 2 0-10 team. This is the NFL. Charlie Batch isn't even that bad of a QB, and he's on a decent team. Saying your team would NEVER lose to the Steelers with Batch just shows how out of touch you are with reality. And when I say the Broncos MAY POSSIBLY lose to them means I have zero confidence in my team? LOL.

2012 Charlie Batch-led Steelers is probably a better team than the 2012 Cardinals. And you lost to the Cardinals. Do the math you moron. (Hint: your probability of losing >0%).

Last edited:
Another fact, you also nearly lost against jaguars. One of the worst teams in the nfl.

Must of been funny to watch brady have a cry in the locker room after the game.

If we ran up the score as often as you do I'm sure we would've contended for or even overtaken that #1 spot. We're one spot behind you, all while running the ball the majority of the time in the 4th quarter during our streak. Cause most of the time the games were already in hand.

Imagine if we "played 4 quarters" with our creampuff schedule as many of you would put it?

first of all, you need a good qb to run up the score. so more than likely, the broncos will be on the receiving end of that. your best chance of running up the score is against the chiefs or the raiders.

No, you wasted YOUR time posting skewed stats that only Pats fans give a damn about. Here are stats that people actually keep track of (and care about):

Denver Broncos:
#4 Total Offense
#2 Total Defense

New England Patriots:
#1 Total Offense
#25 Total Defense

I like to look a few different things when it comes to D - b/c total D is not always a good telling. Points allowed/game - Den: #4 (18.7) and NE: #9 (20.7) - pretty close and we already scored 31 on you - w/o Hernandez. Fumbles recovered - Den #22 (8) and NE: #1 (21). Giveaway/Takeaway - Den: #7 (in AFC w/ -1) and NE #1 (AFC and NFL - +25). Home field is a nice advantage and Denver will be a tough out, and NE does not have the greatest history in Denver. Both teams will be rested for their first game, but that may hurt Denver - hate to stop such a nice roll - and PM has struggled with that in the past. The Denver/NE game will be amazing (considering we both make it), but Denver should be just as worried about this game as Pats fans will be. Our D is better than what you faced when you last lost and our O is healthier as well. Time will only tell if home field is enough to overcome Denver's challenges.

Last edited:
The insecurity with Peyton contitnues SMH. I don't see why we have to consistently downplay what Peyton's team has done. We gotta beat our first opponent before we can even think about the Broncos which is no guarantee.

Don't get me wrong,its hard to win 2 games in a row in the NFL,let alone 11 games in a row but when you sit and look at the schedule Manning has had,its easy to see that the #1 seed was very obtainable once he settled in as their QB.

The 11 game winning streak consisted of opposing teams that had a combined 68-108 in wins vs. losses which includes division opponents twice and in a division is which the other 3 teams had a record of 13-35.

How lucky has Manning been who almost always throughout his career got chump teams in the division he plays in?

The 2012 Denver Broncos team has not had a visitor in Mile High who has had a winning record and their only loss at home was to a team that is in the playoffs and has a good record and all their losses includes teams in the playoffs.

The only 2 wins against playoff teams (Cincy & Balt) were on the road

Folks....The bottom line is Denver has beaten the Sisters Of The Poor all season and lost to most of the teams in the playoff picture.

Denver to me is the weakest #1 seed in the NFL in over a decade and is a pretender at 13-3

The first team to enter Mile High might very well walk out the winner
of that game.

At 13-3,I still think Denver is B.S. and like that kicker Vanderjagt once said,that team is "ripe for the picking"...he was wrong then but I think the 2012 Broncos are the lightest challenged 13-3 team ever.

All of this is now bull****. It's a new season. There are 16 teams. How any of us got here doesn't matter at all, as the Giants have proven twice in the last five years to our sadness.

I'll chalk this up to "Post Getting the Number 2 Seed Euphoria" from an otherwise knowledgeable poster. We are simply deluded if we don't think the Broncos are a dangerous team with Peyton Manning at QB this year.

"weakest #1 seed?" That and five bucks will get you an overpriced Latte at Starbucks. Last time I checked we lost the last two SB's we played as #1 seed, so I don't know what "weakness" means in that context.

And, as others have noted, this is what people loved to say about the Pats, before they demolished their playoff competition.

Can the Broncos be beaten in the Division round? Of course they can, just like the Ravens and Jets knocked us out in the first game (at home) in the last ten years. But, that's because any team that makes the playoffs can beat any other team that makes the playoffs on any given weekend in January and not because any of us on this board pontificates on their "weakness."

And exactly how good really are the Arizona and Baltimore teams that beat us? We didn't show up until the third quarter of the AZ game and couldn't keep our offense on the field for a couple of first downs that would have locked up the BAL game.

I had the Pats at 12--4 and winning the SB in the preseason prediction thread and I still believe that, but because that's how I think of this team and not because the Broncos are weak #1 seed "pretenders."

Last edited:
After last year I don't think we have any room to talk about easy paths to #1. 2011 was arguably easier, IMO it was. We were even able to afford a loss to the Buffalo Bills, which Denver couldn't have afforded this year for the #1.

We're actually wasting our keystrokes arguing with a guy whose user name is CYA_PATS_DEN>NE_2012AFCCG!?! :rofl:

His/her user name might as well be trollfaceLOLOLOL

If the Broncos have the #2 defense, that is a testament to the general weak play of defense across the league because we've dropped 31, 41, and 45 points on them. That is not a defense I'm worried about more than any other defense we may face. They won't get pressure up the middle, and that's how you beat the Pats.

Of course, Peyton as the player and the Broncos in Denver are each entitled to a phantom PI call per game, so we would be in trouble if we end up playing Denver in the AFCCG.

Any chance that these two accounts are the same person? The first one to annoy us to death, only for this guy to show up and try and be the good other fan, only to ramp up the backhanded comments?

I am almost offended more by this post since hes seemingly trying to defend us from other Bronco fans. I hope we dont play these guys just to avoid this sideshow.

Ahhhh, the old good troll bad troll tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back