PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos @ Chargers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the win, if I was Dean Spanos that would be the last straw for me.
Yes, seeing McCoy like that I'd need him to show me reasons not to fire him instead of the other way round. Frankly, I'd call McCoy in today and ask him honestly whether the pressure of being a head coach hasn't gotten too much for him. Not every man is suited for that kind of frontline job, and some break after a while. McCoy certainly looked to me like he just cracked.

Just imagine that Steelers offense if Bryant hadn't gotten the suspension.

Yeah, they have a ton of weapons especially with Coates coming on as of late. He still has a bad case of the drops but, when he DOES get the ball in his hands, he's pretty deadly.

Yes, seeing McCoy like that I'd need him to show me reasons not to fire him instead of the other way round. Frankly, I'd call McCoy in today and ask him honestly whether the pressure of being a head coach hasn't gotten too much for him. Not every man is suited for that kind of frontline job, and some break after a while. McCoy certainly looked to me like he just cracked.

For me, the biggest thing was his pre mature celebration after the safety. He was celebrating like it was over. That's just a bad leader right there.

For me, the biggest thing was his pre mature celebration after the safety. He was celebrating like it was over. That's just a bad leader right there.
Head coaches celebrating like they're players is pretty much a sure-fire sign that they suck as a head coach. Rex Ryan, Wade Phillips, this guy…maybe they can be coordinators, but the cheerleading is just so awful. I guess Pete Carroll managed to win a Super Bowl, but he’s the only one I can think of.

A good head coach should show the OPPOSITE emotion, if anything. Be a bit more gung-ho when the chips are down maybe, and say “settle down” when your team’s riding high. Or just even-keel all the time. But cheering like you bought tickets to the game....the WORST.

Head coaches celebrating like they're players is pretty much a sure-fire sign that they suck as a head coach. Rex Ryan, Wade Phillips, this guy…maybe they can be coordinators, but the cheerleading is just so awful. I guess Pete Carroll managed to win a Super Bowl, but he’s the only one I can think of.

A good head coach should show the OPPOSITE emotion, if anything. Be a bit more gung-ho when the chips are down maybe, and say “settle down” when your team’s riding high. Or just even-keel all the time. But cheering like you bought tickets to the game....the WORST.

I'm sorry, but this is just not true. Thinking that a coach can't be a rah-rah guy and still be good/great is a product of having BB around for so long. Carroll's an obvious example of the cheerleader coach who does the job, but he's not the only winner who was free with his emotions on the sideline. If you want to go with all-time great coaches, for example, there's John Madden, right off the top of my head.

I'm sorry, but this is just not true. Thinking that a coach can't be a rah-rah guy and still be good/great is a product of having BB around for so long. Carroll's an obvious example of the cheerleader coach who does the job, but he's not the only winner who was free with his emotions on the sideline. If you want to go with all-time great coaches, for example, there's John Madden, right off the top of my head.
Eh, I'm sure a few more examples can be found. But it's not a product of Belichick, it's something I've long thought.

Stack up the coaches who keep their cool versus the guys clapping like schoolgirls over a safety and the even-keel stack's gonna be a hell of a lot higher.

Yeah, that was nuts to see. As a coach you just can't do that. If he's melting down on the sideline like that, how can he expect his players not to? Regardless of the win, if I was Dean Spanos that would be the last straw for me.

McCoy should join this site and do some posting in a Game Thread, to help get his self-respect back.

I also remember **** Vermeil being pretty animated, and I don't think it could be reasonably claimed that he wasn't successful. Mike Zimmer has a well-earned reputation for being a pretty fiery guy, and I don't think anyone's objecting to his performance this year.

There are plenty of animated coaches that have made it work, and there are plenty of even-keeled coaches that end up becoming a running punchline because they combine it with poor performance (Jim Caldwell).

I also remember **** Vermeil being pretty animated, and I don't think it could be reasonably claimed that he wasn't successful. Mike Zimmer has a well-earned reputation for being a pretty fiery guy, and I don't think anyone's objecting to his performance this year.

There are plenty of animated coaches that have made it work, and there are plenty of even-keeled coaches that end up becoming a running punchline because they combine it with poor performance (Jim Caldwell).
Should draw a distinction between "fiery" and giddy. And yep, there are comatose guys who suck too, for sure.

Denver D still filthy...Pats can't count on 2 turnovers and a safety...19 points on road allowed to an offense scoring 30 or so a game...

IDK, Rivers carved them up early and this is a Chargers' offense that only scored 22 points on the Colts' defense.

I sure do wish we were playing Pitt at home like we are Cinci. Hate going to Pittsburgh

The Pittsburgh game next week is now looking like it's going to be for the #1 seed in the AFC. Hopefully the Pats don't lose sight of the game against the Bengals this week while looking ahead. The Broncos are what they are: a team with a very good defense that has quarterback issues. Some dip **** last week marked one of my posts "funny" when I said that the Pats, if fully healthy, would stomp that team out in Denver. Well, that team has issues. Their LB's could not cover the Pats two TE sets and either Lewis, White, or both out of the backfield. I no longer worry about Denver. Pittsburgh is the bigger threat of the two. Next week is YUGE.

People on this forum have an irrational fear of playing in Denver because the last 3 times we played there, they barely beat a decimated NE squad.

I'm looking forward to these queers being silenced after we win that game by 3 scores (I'm assuming/hoping we'll be healthier than the last 3 times we played there.)

People on this forum have an irrational fear of playing in Denver because the last 3 times we played there, they barely beat a decimated NE squad.

I'm looking forward to these queers being silenced after we win that game by 3 scores (I'm assuming/hoping we'll be healthier than the last 3 times we played there.)

hqdefault.jpg

Pats don't always do fine there

You've been wrong about Patriots v. Broncos time and again. Now you're posting this sort of nonsense, as if you finally getting one right will justify all of your earlier stuff and "silence" the people who've been right?

giphy.gif

You've been wrong about Patriots v. Broncos time and again. Now you're posting this sort of nonsense, as if you finally getting one right will justify all of your earlier stuff and "silence" the people who've been right?

giphy.gif

I haven't been wrong about Pats vs Broncos yet. My predictions last year were all dependent on the Patriots' health, just as it is this year. NE had among the most man games lost to injury last year.

Try to pay attention next time.

There are plenty of animated coaches that have made it work, and there are plenty of even-keeled coaches that end up becoming a running punchline because they combine it with poor performance (Jim Caldwell)

I remember **** crying alot. A little to emotional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back