PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos @ Chargers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think McCoy saved his job last night?

Denvers offensive line looked terrible the last two games....

I just hope when our Pats play them the Pats can take advantage...it seems that our guys sometimes make other teams look great where they are weak...

Looking forward too the Bengals game this weekend.

I'm not afraid of Denver.....even in Denver

first, they don't have a QB.......and even though Manning was a mere shell last year, he managed games against completely decimated teams (pittsburgh w/no brown,bell,williams....pats we all know)....they would not won with any of the schmoes they have now.......

second, the word is out........you can kill them with a million paper cuts......use the running backs as pass targets...their defense is basically a 5 man front and you game plan exactly that.....you may not score a million points, but their scheme can be negated.

all you have to do is be patient

This was something most people knew last year as well, including NE. But none of Denver's opponents had any players left by the end of the season to do anything about it.

our kryptonite for a while has been teams with OK offenses but good defenses that can slow our offense down

teams that have great offenses and ok defenses that cant do much to our offense are teams we can beat b/c at the end of the day our O and our D makes that extra play they need to

i think it may have to do w/ expectation: w/ Brady and our weapons we ALWAYS expect our O to do well, so if they do bad, the team psyche is a lil shaken, but our D is no name so if it does bad, its OK the O will save it

This was something most people knew last year as well, including NE. But none of Denver's opponents had any players left by the end of the season to do anything about it.

maybe so......more generally, the broncos peaked at the perfect time......just like indy did in 2006, the giants twice, and the ravens

He looked like he was about to cry late in the 4th quarter. Might not be the best demeanour for the captain of the ship.

I just hope when our Pats play them the Pats can take advantage...it seems that our guys sometimes make other teams look great where they are weak...

They don't have Manning. Terrible as his arm got, the guy could check down in the blink of an eye and get the ball out. Simian doesn't seem to see the field nearly as well, so he holds and rolls...

just like indy did in 2006
The Colts peaking in 2006 is strictly one thing: Bob Sanders. He made their defense championship calibre while Manning floundered. The Ravens in 2012 also showed how important health is. Even if they suffer injuries in the regular season, if the important players are back in the playoffs it's already a huge step.

He tried hard to lose it. Gave the Donkeys all kinds of opportunities, Let them have time to plan multiple plays. Calls time out when he recovered on side kick. That onside kick goes against the Coaches. Where were the recoverers? Where were the sure handed types? Nowhere to be seen.

The Colts peaking in 2006 is strictly one thing: Bob Sanders. He made their defense championship calibre while Manning floundered. The Ravens in 2012 also showed how important health is. Even if they suffer injuries in the regular season, if the important players are back in the playoffs it's already a huge step.

being healthy when everyone else is hurt helps the peaking effect

Not only that, but with everyone injured and a crappy OL, we still came within a stupid missed PAT of AT LEAST taking them to OT... on the road... at the biggest HFA there is in the league. And I am not even talking about the time we DID take them to OT with an even MORE injured team and crappy officiating.

Denver are beatable when you play them smart. We played them smart both times and, even with very very very very very weird circumstances, could have won both games... on the road - you can even argue that we SHOULD have won both; once we crapped the bed with costly mistakes, the other we were completely screwed by a bad officiating crew..

So, yeah, while they have a formidable defense AND the best HFA in the league, they are beatable. Health and not making key mistakes being the key. Despite our historical advantage over them, I fear Pittsburgh more.

For now he did. Still has Atlanta and a rematch with Denver coming up. Probably needs to win one of those.

He tried hard to lose it. Gave the Donkeys all kinds of opportunities, Let them have time to plan multiple plays. Calls time out when he recovered on side kick. That onside kick goes against the Coaches. Where were the recoverers? Where were the sure handed types? Nowhere to be seen.

awful playcalling, terrible coordination, how come they put an offensive lineman to catch a punt, the guy was no Dan Connoly, head coach crying like a little girl in the sidelines, that was embarassing, I was feeling sorry for San Diego fans.

I hope they fire McCoy and the Jets hire him to replace Bowles.

awful playcalling, terrible coordination, how come they put an offensive lineman to catch a punt, the guy was no Dan Connoly, head coach crying like a little girl in the sidelines, that was embarassing, I was feeling sorry for San Diego fans.

I hope they fire McCoy and the Jets hire him to replace Bowles.
The shot of him losing it on the sidelines was jarring. That's not how a leader should look like. McCoy has shown himself to be mentally weak right there.

Yeah, wasn't surprised to see their RT suck again, since that's injury driven. But Russell Okung shat the bed pretty badly too, which I'd assume is more alarming to them since there's no reinforcements there waiting to get healthy.

The shot of him losing it on the sidelines was jarring. That's not how a leader should look like. McCoy has shown himself to be mentally weak right there.

Yeah, that was nuts to see. As a coach you just can't do that. If he's melting down on the sideline like that, how can he expect his players not to? Regardless of the win, if I was Dean Spanos that would be the last straw for me.

The Pittsburgh game next week is now looking like it's going to be for the #1 seed in the AFC. Hopefully the Pats don't lose sight of the game against the Bengals this week while looking ahead. The Broncos are what they are: a team with a very good defense that has quarterback issues. Some dip **** last week marked one of my posts "funny" when I said that the Pats, if fully healthy, would stomp that team out in Denver. Well, that team has issues. Their LB's could not cover the Pats two TE sets and either Lewis, White, or both out of the backfield. I no longer worry about Denver. Pittsburgh is the bigger threat of the two. Next week is YUGE.

Just imagine that Steelers offense if Bryant hadn't gotten the suspension.

Thanks to the Whale Vagina Chargers. Glad to see the Broncos are coming back to reality. Their defense is good (but very beatable, especially with our offense) and their offense is mediocre at best. I had the Raiders winning that division and it's looking more and more like that is a real possibility.

Not looking past the Bungles but can't wait to be up in Pitt next week for the game. AFCCG preview for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft