PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broken Glass: Dowling to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read through all of the 26 pages of this thread so if it's alredy been said, my bad.
But I'm pretty sure we can eliminate IR Dowling from EVER moving to play at the safety position.
The good news is: there are A LOT (about 12-14 with 1st/2nd round grades) of good corners coming out this year so instead of trading one of the first rounders we can draft another McCourty (of last year).

I didn't read through all of the 26 pages of this thread so if it's alredy been said, my bad.
But I'm pretty sure we can eliminate IR Dowling from EVER moving to play at the safety position.
The good news is: there are A LOT (about 12-14 with 1st/2nd round grades) of good corners coming out this year so instead of trading one of the first rounders we can draft another McCourty (of last year).

We have four picks in the first two rounds. There is no doubt we will be able to get a top ranked corner assuming we keep all the picks.

Clearly you didn't read it well enough because it clearly said that the injury was actually in his leg, not his hip.

BTW, thanks for showing everyone the level of your intelligence.. Resorting to off topic issues..

BTW, "MY" Bruins won the cup just this past year. Are they having some issues now? Yes.. But that happens in hockey. I'd tell you to know what you're talking about, but you've made it clear that you have no intention of actually checking facts.

That's it, move this thread to the Bruins folder.

I swear...so much negativity. You would think we are 0-6 going on 0-7.

Heck, even my Colts friends last year, despite their deficiency in their defense, had more faith than half of you on this board.

Yeah you get alot of that here-it is kind of sad most of them don't know what it is like to have a losing season image what it would have been like back in the day when the team was a losing one.

Shawn Crable meet Ras-I Made of Glass, Ras-I, Sean, Sean Ras-I.......

The day he ws drafted, I predicted he wouldn't make it out of camp before going on the IR. Color me wrong.....

Sadly, it's been pretty much exactly what we've thought it was since 2009.
Yes those 2 seasons of winning the division and losing a playoff game has been as disgusting as the 76 Bucaneers.

Some people are happy with being regular season winners. They don't have loftier goals.

Some people are happy with being regular season winners. They don't have loftier goals.
I don't think you could find a Pats fan who has been a Pats fan more than a few years who thinks regular season success is the goal.
But to say that a 14 and 2 team that lost a playoff game was built wrong is ridiculous. They are not mutually exclusive, and its bs to say that it takes a different team to win in the playoffs than it does to be the best team in the NFL in the regular season.

I swear...so much negativity. You would think we are 0-6 going on 0-7.

Heck, even my Colts friends last year, despite their deficiency in their defense, had more faith than half of you on this board.

You should just write a blog and not add a comments section. That way, you'll be able to post nothing but happy-happy thoughts about the team, and nobody will be able to point out anything even mildly questionable. It can be your own private world, where everything is unicorns and pixie dust.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue on in the real world, where the Patriots just cut its highest paid DB just over one year into a 4 year, $22 million deal, and did so with such timing that the team is now left undermanned at the CB position, when it's been playing undertalented at the safety position all season long.

Last edited:
You should just write a blog and not add a comments section. That way, you'll be able to post nothing but happy-happy thoughts about the team, and nobody will be able to point out anything even mildly questionable. It can be your own private world, where everything is unicorns and pixie dust.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will continue on in the real world, where the Patriots just cut its highest paid DB just over one year into a 4 year, $22 million deal, and did so with such timing that the team is now left undermanned at the CB position, when it's been playing undertalented at the safety position all season long.
As you typically do, you have substitued his complaint over EXCESSIVE NEGATIVITY with an insult that he really means you can't say anything mildly questionable. I know you can read, why don't you respond to his comment that the LEVEL OF complaining sounds like an 0 and 6 team. Did you take that to mean that he thinks there should be zero complaining, or that if it sounds like an 0 and 6 team is it EXCESSIVE?
It would appear you are suggesting the best way to win is to keep players based upon their contracts. and appear to be saying that BB for no reason has decided to cut a player he needs, and weaken his team on purpose. Is that what you are saying?

I have no proof of anything but my strong beliefs about the loss of Bodden isnt necessarily so because of the good of the team, but I have a feeling it was more for the 'I am the boss and I will play whoever I think should play' type of debate that Bodden could not accept.

Belichick is not talkative to the media, but I bet he is a strict disciplinarian and if Bodden crossed that line into uncharted territory which is to question Belichick's decision to start Arrington over him then that could be the reason...it might be a situation of my way or the highway type of situation that ended with both sides divorcing prematurely.

There are some players who want to be part of a winning team and are just happy to be on the roster and there are some players who want to win but also think they deserve to be part of the show every down and on the field.

I think it happened last year to Moss and I think it happened to Bodden this year......even in Minnesota its happening with McNabb...it's a problem probably going on within the confines of most if not all teams.

Last edited:
I have no proof of anything but my strong beliefs about the loss of Bodden isnt necessarily so because of the good of the team, but I have a feeling it was more for the 'I am the boss and I will play whoever I think should play' type of debate that Bodden could not accept.

Belichick is not talkative to the media, but I bet he is a strict disciplinarian and if Bodden crossed that line into uncharted territory which is to question Belichick's decision to start Arrington over him then that could be the reason...it might be a situation of my way or the highway type of situation that ended with both sides divorcing prematurely.
So yuo think the Belichick operates the team by saying he will decide who starts and if one of his most key backups (nickel corner plays more snaps than any backup) thinks he should start, Belichick will cut him, weaken the team and get to soothe his ego that no one is allowed to complain about his decisions?
Seriously? We would have had the decade the Bills just finished, not the one we did if that were the case.
Nice job ascribing personality traits and shortcomings to someone you have never been in a room with.

So yuo think the Belichick operates the team by saying he will decide who starts and if one of his most key backups (nickel corner plays more snaps than any backup) thinks he should start, Belichick will cut him, weaken the team and get to soothe his ego that no one is allowed to complain about his decisions?
Seriously? We would have had the decade the Bills just finished, not the one we did if that were the case.
Nice job ascribing personality traits and shortcomings to someone you have never been in a room with.

Belichick does not want a player on his team who is not happy or does not agree with him and how he runs the team
..only problems can come from a disgruntled player and eventually ruins the team internally...so when you have a potential cancer growth developing what do you do?,exactly what Bill did.

I think Bill did it last year with a disgruntled Moss that was not happy he wasn't getting every ball thrown his way which weakened the WR corps a bit and I think it's the same situation this year.

Do I think that Bodden didn't see eye to eye with Bill and to keep things positive in the interior of the team he was released?....you betcha I do

I don't see a problem with getting rid of any cancer and I think it's 3 years in a row now that the team had to be weakened because of it

2009- Adalius Thomas
2010- Randy Moss
2011- Leigh Bodden

It comes down to keep a player with talent who is not happy with his role or let him go and keep the team morale intact with the unfortunate issue of weakening the team because of an internal rift
....a team with locker room problems or players who have problems with the HC don't win Super Bowls.

Last edited:
Belichick does not want a player on his team who is not happy or does not agree with him and how he runs the team
..only problems can come from a disgruntled player and eventually ruins the team internally...so when you have a potential cancer growth developing what do you do?,exactly what Bill did.
That is doing what is in the best interest of the team. Your other post was that BB has ego and F anyone who doesnt like it.

I think Bill did it last year with a disgruntled Moss that was not happy he wasn't getting every ball thrown his way which weakened the WR corps a bit and I think it's the same situation this year.
Moss was detracting from the team. He singlehandedly cost the Patriots the Jets game with either a lack of effort or a lack of the skills he had in the past, and clearly had no intention to do anythng about it.
That isnt about Belichick, that is about Moss and BB having the balls to do what needed to be done.

Do I think that Bodden didn't see eye to eye with Bill and to keep things positive in the interior of the team he was released?....you betcha I do
But you have no idea. Its just a wild guess.

I don't see a problem with getting rid of any cancer and I think it's 3 years in a row now that the team had to be weakened because of it

2009- Adalius Thomas
2010- Randy Moss
2011- Leigh Bodden
The first 2 have something in common, they could no longer play at the same level. I suspect we will find out that Bodden is in the same boat.
There is no way BB gets rid of a guy who can help the team just because he wants a bigger role and they agree to split. The player is under contract. Unless he no longer CAN play or no longer WILL play, he stays on the roster.

Fans having exceedingly high expectations or lofty goals isn't going to get a team any further into the playoffs and they'll usually feel let down not winning an SB every season. It's also hard to be realistic because many factors change threw the course of a season.

I'm not sure there's a correct way to root for your team but this organization over achieves more often than not and that's usually the deciding factor of success.:cool:

Shawn Crable meet Ras-I Made of Glass, Ras-I, Sean, Sean Ras-I.......

The day he ws drafted, I predicted he wouldn't make it out of camp before going on the IR. Color me wrong.....

That is funny. Pats gambled on the injured Gronkowski and have won so far on that Draft day bet.

That is funny. Pats gambled on the injured Gronkowski and have won so far on that Draft day bet.

The Gronkowski pick was an even bigger gamble if you ask me. Paid off big time though.

why does this team have 5 good RBs even though only 1 can play at any given offensive snap yet they have only 2 good CBs but 3 play on any given defensive down???

Last edited:
Rob Gronkowski came into the NFL with a history of injuries. Vince Wilfork came into the NFL with a history of conditioning problems. If Cannon washes out, his name will be brought up all the time, but if he succeeds in the NFL most of you guys will never mention him in this discussion again. With enough confirmation bias at work, revisionist history always makes your point seem obvious.

That said, I wouldn't complain if the Pats held off on drafting second round CBs for a while.

Last edited:
If the Defense shuts down the Steelers O, I'll drink the Koolaid. But right now I'm feeling very jittery...

If anything, the scheme will be the reason the Pat's D doesn't get torched to death. So In Bill we must trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST