PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Britt released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like that makes the pushback any less egregious.

The Brady/Belichick era is 18 years old.

So if this group is ranked 15th worst, that’s very damn near close to the worst WR group this era has ever had.

Why does this board like to waste time splitting hairs over minuscule nonsense?

It’s just that it’s a strong statement to say it’s the worst WR group ever. It gives off a “sky is falling” mentality and ignores history. I don’t think it’s splitting hairs to call out a take like that. But if you said it could “quite possibly be bottom 5 of Brady’s career” then you’d probably get a decent number of people agreeing. They are two pretty different opinions.

In context of taking reps away from WR he is not. They might split him out (as they do often with TE) but they're not turning him into a WR. So the concern that he wouldn't have time get reps is moot. In 2 TE sets he will get chances and when Gronk is not on the field, Hollister will get chances.

Jacob Hollister is a TE so he's not part of this equation

In every one of his three seasons with the Pats, Ahern was 2nd or 3rd in targets from Brady. Hollister isn't likely to produce as prolifically, but he's still very much part of the passing attack equation.

Hard to remember too many other Brady led offenses with so little depth across the board -WR, TE, RB, OL. It's not even week 3 of the preseason and the team looks like you can't withstand an injury anywhere. In Brady/coaches we trust but their offseason maneuvering has flopped miserably on that side of the ball.

What are you talking about? So little depth across the board?
TE- Gronk, Allen, Hollister, Izzo, Tye
RB/ FB - White, Burkhead, Hill, Gillislee, Michel,Develin
OL - Brown, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon, Waddle, Karras, Croston, Schwenke, John

Seriously. How about doing a bit of research instead of being a chicken little who thinks the sky will be falling at any second..

Mack moves ….

Always loved his game and would be a dream to see him with Tommy . a few years ago . but “recurring issues with the right ankle that required surgery after the offseason program“ and just barely seeing the field last week is not a good sign

Yes, but as slot receivers. Britt was potentially one of the very few outside the numbers wrs. Also a red zone threat, tho we have the best in Gronk.
I think with all the current guys healthy, they'll be ok. But depth is thin.
Agreed, he was a downfield threat for sure and I wanted him to really succeed here. But at least there are plenty of weapons and its not like Hogan, Dorsett, and CP arent speedsters.

There’s got to be a move coming. This corps is highly suspect even with Britt. Especially during the first four weeks.

In context of taking reps away from WR he is not. They might split him out (as they do often with TE) but they're not turning him into a WR. So the concern that he wouldn't have time get reps is moot. In 2 TE sets he will get chances and when Gronk is not on the field, Hollister will get chances.

Edelman, Hogan, Gronk and White will see the lion's share of the Pass attempts from Brady. After that is everyone else. Hollister will be in the mix because of the 2 & 3 TE sets. So will Burkhead, Michel, and Hill who are likely to see time moving out of the backfield the way that they did with Develin some last year. I trust those 3 more than Develin at catching the ball and doing something with it. The final 3 WR could be any one of Dorsett, Patterson, McCarron, Decker, Berrios and Turner. They'll probably see 100 pass attempts between them as it's my belief that you'll see more 2/3 TE sets and more 2 RB sets than we have previously.

S

So the guy with the Pats hat working at the chick fila.
Sorry to hate really want Dez.
No interest in Cobb.
Packers have good rookie receivers where we decided not to upgrade the positon at all I still have hope for Berrios but it seems to be PS or bust.

Not surprised at this- didn't see them going with more than one gadget player that they already have in Patterson.

Randall Cobb is on the trade block apparently.

Always loved his game and would be a dream to see him with Tommy . a few years ago . but “recurring issues with the right ankle that required surgery after the offseason program“ and just barely seeing the field last week is not a good sign
Could prob get him in a few weeks tbh

We have alot of Drafts pick offer a 2nd or a 3rd for a good young talent. Wouldn't want BB wasting such picks and over draft a Safety in the Second who has a 7th Round Grade. He has done it twice before. :confused:

In the 4 seasons around his suspension season, Brady averaged 603 passing attempts. Edelman, Hogan, Gronk and White will see the lion's share of the pass attempts. Probably around 360 of those 603. It might even climb higher if Hogan sees more than the 59 targets (58.5) he's averaged the last 2 seasons. That leaves 240 (give or take) for Michel, Burkhead, Hill, Hollister, Allen, etc..

Just food for thought.

We have alot of Drafts pick offer a 2nd or a 3rd for a good young talent. Wouldn't want BB wasting such picks and over draft a Safety in the Second who has a 7th Round Grade. He has done it twice before. :confused:
Its amazing that you spend so much time discussing a team you never have anything positive to say about. You must literally have no life.

Cobb would fit here very Patriotlike skill set. That said I wish we could Draft freaking WR's it looks like Pittsburgh found another one in the Second Rounder Washington.:mad:

Isn’t Cobb being paid a ton?

Why not kick the tires on LaFell? He is better than all but two of our receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes