PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Britt released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins29

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
It’s a shame that he was never able to showcase his talent. I don’t think many will be terribly surprised that the team is moving on.

Wow....

So, this means the depth chart is now (for me):

Edelman (suspended)
Hogan
Dorsett
Patterson (KR)
McCarron (PR)
Slater (Gunner)
Decker (4 week audition?)

Its possible they could pick up someone. Or they think they have the solution in house Decker/Lucian etc behind CH and CP and PD?

Or they figure run a lot of pony and 12 for the first 4 weeks at least.

Last edited:
Shame,considering how thin position is, due to injuries.
He just ran out of time to get healthy and get ready.
Will help when Michel is ready, one more offensive weapon to make up for thin wr corps.
Still, with Rex and White, plus Hollister added to Gronk and Hogan, Pats should be ok til je11 gets back.
I'm hopeful Dorsett will contribute something. I think Patterson will give us a play or 2 here and there, but can't see him providing any consistent production at wr.
Suddenly, the Panthers game seems huge to me for Decker- or he could be the next to go.

Im almost sure Dez is coming now.

Don't know man...it depends on whether the Pats' brass thinks Dez has any left in the tank. And remember Dez turned down a 3/21 deal...and apparently wasn't THAT interested in the Browns....which makes me think he's looking for $$$$$....

I think I'd rather Decker...

Why not just IR him? Odds are someone is getting banged up later in the year. He looked great at OTA.

He has a very low dead cap so maybe that helped the decision. But his overall cap hit wasnt bad

Da8hdTeVQAALUtt.jpg

They just ran out of patience

Hogan, Patterson, Dorsett, Decker (with everything being equal) could be enough with Gronk, Hollister, White, Michel, Burk, Hill etc. Even Allen caught a bunch of balls in OTAs

Burk and White are practically WRs when they need to be,

Just looked it up....

Britt, Bryant, and Decker's 2017 stats:

Player Rec Yds TD Tgt Catch Rate:
Britt, Kenny NEP WR 20 256 2 43 46.5%
Bryant, Dez FA* WR 69 838 6 132 52.3%
Decker, Eric NEP WR 54 563 1 83 65.1%

Jules
Hogan
Dorsett
Patterson
Slater
One other.

Britt couldn't make the team from the tub but this doesn't change much I think it was always one of the 2 between Britt and Dorsett. I think the one other is likely not on the roster now or will go to Mccarron/Berrios if they have reason to think they can't stash one on the PS.

Title scared me for half a second. "Br..." being released.

Anyway... might as well give Bryant a shot.

Why not just IR him? Odds are someone is getting banged up later in the year. He looked great at OTA.

He has a very low dead cap so maybe that helped the decision. But his overall cap hit wasnt bad
He did actual football drills yesterday for the first time in months, so my guess is that he’s healthy but they decided after two days of practice that he’s just too far behind.

Jules
Hogan
Dorsett
Patterson
Slater
One other.

Britt couldn't make the team from the tub but this doesn't change much I think it was always one of the 2 between Britt and Dorsett. I think the one other is likely not on the roster now or will go to Mccarron/Berrios if they have reason to think they can't stash one on the PS.

I think CP has a chance to be a starter. They seem to like him and he has been effective on other teams as a solid weapon.

Burk and White are practically WRs when they need to be,

Yes, but as slot receivers. Britt was potentially one of the very few outside the numbers wrs. Also a red zone threat, tho we have the best in Gronk.
I think with all the current guys healthy, they'll be ok. But depth is thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye