PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Britt released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to Christ so, 'cause he sucks at quarterbacking.
laughspin.gif
Makes sense coming to a set in stone conclusion after a few preseason games.

He definitely needs some time & so does the team to get an offense more suited for him.

OK, so you would use Hollister in 3WR sets as a WR instead of Dorsett, Patterson or Decker. I certainly wouldn't.

I'm not even sure that I would use Hollister much in 2 TE sets. I would want a blocker opposite Gronk.

Go with hwat we have use more 2 TE sets and 2RB sets.

Gronk, Hollister, Hogan, White, Burkhead.
Hollister >> other WR options

Almost every year, posters value a young TE with no little experience as being a better option at WR than our WR's. This year is no different.

Personally, given that we have at least 2 solid RB options as pass receivers, I find a TE that isn't a top blocker to be of minimal value. I would have Hollister active only because of his ST play.

We don't actually know that yet.

Julian Edelman (prior to Britt's release becoming public) expressed confidence by saying, "We've got a group in there that's very capable."

I understand. But I'm still not going to assume that a positive statement from BB or a player like Edelman is simply a smokescreen, or merely obligatory, or whistling past the graveyard.
Unfortunately, and until proven otherwise, I'm going with Smokescreen.

Yes. Rad.

At least he has the balls to not just give his opinions on the draft based on looking at the lists that the usual experts release but go out and do it his way. There are a lot who talk big but generally only repeat Mayock, Kiper & co.

I respect that a lot. Even more so surrounded by so many hindsight bozos on the internet. Personally I love readings OTGs draft stuff because it is original and doesn't just rehash all the other sources.

Just calm down folks.

At least he has the balls to not just give his opinions on the draft based on looking at the lists that the usual experts release but go out and do it his way.

I respect that a lot. Even more so surrounded by so many hindsight bozos on the internet. Personally I love readings OTGs draft stuff because it is original and doesn't just rehash all the other sources.

Just calm down folks.
Agree with this his write ups are awesome.

At least he has the balls to not just give his opinions on the draft based on looking at the lists that the usual experts release but go out and do it his way. There are a lot who talk big but generally only repeat Mayock, Kiper & co.

Just calm down folks.

Everyone misses. Especially people that do as much work on the draft as OTG does.

I don't know why you think he is doing it _after_ the draft but I remember reading his stuff in 2014 and 2015 leading up to the draft. In recent years I have somewhat reduced the time I want to spent on all this so maybe it is not true anymore.

Either way.. do whatever you think is right but given how much effort you two put into your draft stuff it is just somewhat sad to call each other out like children. Or more succinctly.. "whatever"

Then you need to read a little more because he used to post stuff pre-draft pretty much as soon as the previous year's draft was over.

Several members here have their own sites? I must be blind since I miss the hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft