PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brissett to start vs Cardinals

If Brissett becomes a starter before Jimmy Garoppolo does, he just might.

My prediction that Jacoby starts until Luck returns and does well enough to get traded to a team thirsty for an intelligent quarterback seems to be holding. All Brissett has to do is not suck and some team anxious for a smart coachable quarterback with a big arm will try to fish him away.

If Hopefully it isn't the New York Not Yets. Brissett would look terrible in Disaster Green

Last edited:
Good for him....and I hope the Colts O line is a little better so the kid doesn't get too hurt. Kid has been there all of 2 weeks??? and he has moved up the position chart? Colts must be really bad, or Jacoby is really good.....probably a little of both

My prediction that Jacoby starts until Luck returns and does well enough to get traded to a team thirsty for an intelligent quarterback seems to be holding. All Brissett has to do is not suck and some team anxious for a smart coachable quarterback with a big arm will try to fish him away.

If Hopefully it isn't the New York Not Yets. Brissett would look terrible in Disaster Green
Brissett's skill set is limited, he never will be a long-term starter.

If he does well the Colts will need to hang on to him for his rookie contract to back up Luck. I hope he beats him out!

What part of his skillet is limited?

Remember we're not in the greatest position to judge because we've watched the greatest quarterback who ever lived ply his trade here for so long. Anyone looks limited if you're comparing them to the GOAT.

And if a guy like tolzein can draw a check from an NFL team Brissett has a bright future I think.

I still believe Brissett has a fair shot to become a midtier starter at roughly the level of a Matt Schaub or an Alex Smith. A guy who can't carry the team but can hold up his own end of the deal in a good squad.

They had no choice Tolzien is the worst quarterback i have ever seen in the NFL, this isn't an exaggeration, i would rather run the wildcat for the whole game than ever have Tolzien throw a pass from what i seen last week.

he threw 2 pick 6's and could of thrown another 3.

Colts must be really bad, or Jacoby is really good.....probably a little of both
Tolzien sucks -- it's that simple...

Coaches are just trying to win the games and keep their jobs -- Tolzien is a sure way to get fired.
Every team would love to have a pure-gold starter like Brady, Rodgers and even Luck.

For the rest, there's fools gold, such as Tyrod Taylor, Gee No! Smith and Jacoby Brisette.

The tend line is favoring the latter. Amateur athletics just is not producing enough NFL ready QBs.

Next up: Watson, Kieser, etc.

What part of his skillet is limited?

Remember we're not in the greatest position to judge because we've watched the greatest quarterback who ever lived ply his trade here for so long. Anyone looks limited if you're comparing them to the GOAT.

accuracy...and pretty severely too. he projects to be another Tyrod Taylor. Athlete masquerading as a QB

Does he even have a remote chance of succeeding?

Bad o-line, bad defense, 2 weeks to learn the playbook and practice with his receivers. It sounds like an impossible situation for second year, recently QB3. Even a seasoned pro would struggle with that set up.

It's not a starting opportunity, it's a human sacrifice.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back