PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Addition by subtraction. A lot of tension outta the locker room.
It’s clearly a plot by the NFL to keep the Patriots out of the Super Bowl.

Uh oh... The latest reports are that Brady will practice throwing lefty in preparation for Sunday's game.

That's okay, they have a backup with lots of potential...

Does Alex Guerrero work with hand pliability? :confused:

What if there was an earthquake?
A terrible flood?
Locusts!

maxresdefault.jpg
"An old friend came in from out of town!"

"I didn't have money for cab fare!"

"They lost my tux at the cleaners!"

That would be something if Hoyer, Bortles, Keenum and Foles were the final four QBs.

Roger Goodell is probably offering to give Brady a hand massage to avoid a Hoyer-Foles Super Bowl.

don't know..........but if Jimmy G were here, we'd put up at least 44

Brian Hoyer has flashes of brilliance, but then succumbs to be the mediocre/below average quarterback that he is.

So starting one game in the regular season? Maybe you get by, but playing in a game of playoff intensity against the league's best defenses? I don't like the odds of success

Brian Hoyer has flashes of brilliance, but then succumbs to be the mediocre/below average quarterback that he is.

So starting one game in the regular season? Maybe you get by, but playing in a game of playoff intensity against the league's best defenses? I don't like the odds of success

That's pretty much it.

He has like a 10% chance to do something stupid on every throw. Which almost guarantees at least 1-2 major screwups a game. Especially when the opponent knows and can prepare for Hoyer.

That being said I think he would be fine for 2-3 drives or even for a whole quarter.

Hoyer wet himself in his first playoff game. He wasn't the first to do it. He certainly won't be the last to do it. Yet, somehow, people want to define his entire career by using that one game. Meanwhile, Hoyer managed a better than .500 record (10-6) as QB of the Browns, and had a winning record as QB of the Texans (5-4), so it's not as if he's incapable of playing winning football.

How do we know Hoyer isn’t better than Brady? Brady is probably only playing to keep Hoyer from stealing his job.
From what we've seen of Brady, he'd play minus an arm and a leg to keep YOU from stealing his job.

Uh oh... The latest reports are that Brady will practice throwing lefty in preparation for Sunday's game.
I heard that they'd brought in Cristiano Ronaldo to teach him to pass with his head...they're still working out the whole helmet thing but Guerrero is supposed to have a magic potion for that.

His one playoff start does not exactly instill confidence.

If Hoyer has to start, the game plan will probably be "play like Bortles" - about 25 throws with a lot of running plays. The outcome will be difficult to predict. I think it would depend on how well our defense plays. Bills lost 10-3. All it took for Jags to win was TWO sustained drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News