PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer reunion? [UPDATE: Hoyer signs 3 year contract]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell should I know? I'm just confident they'll be drafting another QB.

Sure, fair enough. I didn't mean to be antagonistic.

I've watched a good amount of college football this year, and I try to keep up on scouting notes. The draft forum is my favorite place on the board, for what it's worth, and I've mentioned several times my dislike of this QB class. Mayfield is the only one who intrigues me at all, and he seems very far away from a BB type player. We'll see how it shakes out, but I like the players next year a bit better.

Kevin O'Connell was the guy who Hoyer beat out. He threw all of six passes in the NFL, all with the Patriots in 2008. He's the current quarterbacks coach for the Redskins and considered a rising star in coaching circles.

Guess it worked out for both O'Connell and Hoyer, in the end.
Wow no kidding I would've never thought that's what came of him

Sure, fair enough. I didn't mean to be antagonistic.

I've watched a good amount of college football this year, and I try to keep up on scouting notes. The draft forum is my favorite place on the board, for what it's worth, and I've mentioned several times my dislike of this QB class. Mayfield is the only one who intrigues me at all, and he seems very far away from a BB type player. We'll see how it shakes out, but I like the players next year a bit better.
I don't know. Had you heard of JAG before the draft? I had but only barely.

I don't know. Had you heard of JAG before the draft? I had but only barely.

Yes. I follow the draft very carefully. I produce my own big board each year. I review and grade 500+ prospects.I correctly listed about half of the UDFAs we brought into camp this year as likely Patriots targets. I don't always get it right, but it's one of my favorite hobbies.

Who knows what will happen. There's a lot of football left to be played.

Yes. I follow the draft very carefully. I produce my own big board each year. I review and grade 500+ prospects.I correctly listed about half of the UDFAs we brought into camp this year as likely Patriots targets. I don't always get it right, but it's one of my favorite hobbies.

Holy ****, man, that's gotta be a time- consuming hobby!

dude could not beat out ryan mallett.......you could put anyone on this roster to hand the ball off.......hell, don't be surprised to see gronk come down with some kind of mystery injury if Brady goes out.......at this point, why waste the resource on a failed end result

Kaepernick is a much better QB than Hoyer...........as for distraction, this team knows how to use that

Hoyer is the reason the 9ers used a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline to secure their future (not 2017) ..... they had to give the crowd some kind of reason to keep showing up
Kaepernick just cannot read defenses and tries to run after his first read breaks down. He would be a terrible fit in an offense as precise and cerebral as ours. Both Josh and Tom (and me) would be in mental torture watching that style of playground football.

What do you do for a living? This sounds like something I would do (I don't, but I love to arrange data on whiteboards like this as well).

So what are we paying this JAG?

Kaepernick just cannot read defenses and tries to run after his first read breaks down. He would be a terrible fit in an offense as precise and cerebral as ours. Both Josh and Tom (and me) would be in mental torture watching that style of playground football.

Keep may not be a fit for the patriots, but he is better than some starting in the NFL, and better than most backups. Teams won't sign him because of the controversy for their team and for the league. Whether the owners have discussed this to the point of collusion is a question of law.

Pats sign Hoyer?

NYY7cDE.jpg

The whole deal makes perfect sense to me. Belichick drafted Garrapolo anticipating Brady’s demise, instead he has been getting better. He thought Garrapolo would be the successor but you can’t succeed someone who is still the best player in the game. Belichick tried to extend Garrapolo but he wasn’t going to stay a back-up, then the clock struck midnight and they made a smart deal for Garrapolo as he goes to a franchise they won’t see for a few years, and they release the back-up the Patriots use to replace Garrapolo. The Patriots now have to draft Brady’s successor and groom them for the actual end of Brady’s career, 3-4 year’s from now.

It’s going to be fun watching the rest of Brady’s career, I’m glad the drama is over.

Ivan, these guys (BB and Brady) are gone in a couple of years. Watch the drama unfold when THAT happens. I'd bet the house right now that the at the first sign of any decline in the franchise, there'll be thousands of these "Knower!!!!" posts blaming the JimmyG trade and every other GD'ed move the past few seasons including the Collins trade and Mr. Dab's exile to Arizona

What do you do for a living? This sounds like something I would do (I don't, but I love to arrange data on whiteboards like this as well).

System engineer for a telecom / software development company. Before that I was a professional dancer and acrobat. No, that's not a joke. I don't know how I ended up in the tech world, either.

The draft is one of my great passions. I love watching how players move and trying to project them into schemes at the next level. Plenty of people have better football minds than I do, but I bring what I believe is unorthodox and effective perspective on movement skills and proprioception.

As I said, I'm not always right (not even close), but I do put a lot of work into critiquing and cataloguing players year round. I usually produce write-ups and cut gifs of players closer to draft time. Join us in the draft subforum if you're ever interested. :)

Ivan, these guys (BB and Brady) are gone in a couple of years. Watch the drama unfold when THAT happens. I'd bet the house right now that the at the first sign of any decline in the franchise, there'll be thousands of these "Knower!!!!" posts blaming the JimmyG trade and every other GD'ed move the past few seasons including the Collins trade and Mr. Dab's exile to Arizona

I agree, but I honestly don’t care what they say or think. Like you I’ve been a Patriots fan through the really bad and exceptionally good, and this regime has been the best in history, none of us could have asked for more. I really want to see how Belichick and Brady finish off their era, and whether it’s 1 ring, two rings, 3 rings, or no rings I still love playing it out and letting them have the chance to accomplish whatever they can accomplish.

I agree, but I honestly don’t care what they say or think. Like you I’ve been a Patriots fan through the really bad and exceptionally good, and this regime has been the best in history, none of us could have asked for more. I really want to see how Belichick and Brady finish off their era, and whether it’s 1 ring, two rings, 3 rings, or no rings I still love playing it out and letting them have the chance to accomplish whatever they can accomplish.
I thought it was "playing out" after that KC game... thankfully, BB reminded me where he was "on to" and then bippity-boppity-boo two MORE rings and the train keeps steaming ahead !

I wouldn't be surprised if BB retires before Brady. He is 65 after all. If Brady wants to play for 5 more years, does BB really want that rigorous schedule until he's 70?

I say BB coaches for 3 more years and Brady plays until he's 45
Belichick isn't retiring until he breaks Coughlin's record as the oldest coach to win a Super Bowl. Which, of course, could be this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back