PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer reunion? [UPDATE: Hoyer signs 3 year contract]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Makes too much sense not to happen. They weren't going to include him in the trade due to his contract. I'd be okay with this for this year due to Hoyer's familiarity.

Makes too much sense not to happen. They weren't going to include him in the trade due to his contract. I'd be okay with this for this year due to Hoyer's familiarity.

Yup. I think he will be signed as the backup.

yeah bringing him back for the rest of the year makes too much sense for it to not happen.

If Hoyer has offset language with the 49ers, then he'll probably be willing to play for the minimum.

Hoyer makes sense. Someone who has intimate knowledge of the Pats' system. I assume he does not need to go through waivers. BB will need to obtain a young QB at some point.

If Bill wanted him, why wouldn't be part of the trade?

The #49ers originally included QB Brian Hoyer in the trade to the #Patriots but he was taken out for comp. pick reasons. Now released.

ian rap

So BB is getting everything he can for JG and praying Brady doesn't go down. Does this trade pretty much guarantee Brady is here for a few more seasons?

Brady wasn't going anywhere...ever. Until he decides to retire. BB retires shortly after in my view. Both have earned that right
I guess my one concern is that we have no future option once both do so. The cupboard will be pretty empty and we might have to prepare to suck for a while.

I at least always felt good about giving the reins to Jimmy one day if Brady's retirement came in the next 1-2 years.

who else is there?
Sign Hoyer. he has a jump on any other available qb.

The #49ers originally included QB Brian Hoyer in the trade to the #Patriots but he was taken out for comp. pick reasons. Now released.

ian rap

That release was undoubtedly an "under the table" condition part of the trade. It also tells me another big trade is coming because they're trying to retain as much cap space as they can.

I guess my one concern is that we have no future option once both do so. The cupboard will be pretty empty and we might have to prepare to suck for a while.

I at least always felt good about giving the reins to Jimmy one day if Brady's retirement came in the next 1-2 years.

There are some interesting quarterbacks in the upcoming draft.

Brady wasn't going anywhere...ever. Until he decides to retire. BB retires shortly after in my view. Both have earned that right

I highly doubt BB will retire with Brady or shortly after, he has some work to do post Brady whenever that is

I don't see greatness in Jimmy. I see a Tony Romo at best, but not someone who is going to bring championships. Let's go for broke the next 2-3 seasons and then press the reset switch when Brady's play falls off.

Hoyer makes perfect sense. Before this season, he actually had a winning record as a starting QB

Yup, I believe Hoyer will be rejoining the Patriots soon.

The real question is -- who is the next big acquisition before the 4pm trade deadline now that we have some assets to deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots