PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer reunion? [UPDATE: Hoyer signs 3 year contract]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it’s a dangerous game not to have a practice squad QB if you’re only going two deep.

true, but at this point, it's Brady or done for the year..........who the Pats will have as a backup wouldn't matter.....hell, they traded Garoppolo most likely feeling that if Brady went down, he's not taking this team with the injuries very far.

I'd rather give Kaepernick or someone like Kaaya a shot

What Hoyer could do is what Bledsoe did, come in for Brady if he tweeks and ankle or gets a concussion, finish the game, maybe start one or two others, and hold the ship while waiting for Brady to get healthy. I think we all know that nobody is winning a Superbowl with a back up QB.

Kaepernick is garbage and would be a huge distraction, Kaaya couldn't suck more if he tried. As Brady has shown, experience and film study are more important than physical skills when it comes to NFL QBs.

What Hoyer could do is what Bledsoe did, come in for Brady if he tweeks and ankle or gets a concussion, finish the game, maybe start one or two others, and hold the ship while waiting for Brady to get healthy. I think we all know that nobody is winning a Superbowl with a back up QB.

Kaepernick is garbage and would be a huge distraction, Kaaya couldn't suck more if he tried. As Brady has shown, experience and film study are more important than physical skills when it comes to NFL QBs.

dude could not beat out ryan mallett.......you could put anyone on this roster to hand the ball off.......hell, don't be surprised to see gronk come down with some kind of mystery injury if Brady goes out.......at this point, why waste the resource on a failed end result

Kaepernick is a much better QB than Hoyer...........as for distraction, this team knows how to use that

Hoyer is the reason the 9ers used a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline to secure their future (not 2017) ..... they had to give the crowd some kind of reason to keep showing up

Kaepernick's certainly no superstar or even a particularly good starting QB but he's far and away better than Hoyer, and there's a natural experiment to prove it. Kaepernick had a 16:4 TD/INT ratio, a better completion percentage, and over a yard more per attempt in 10 games with virtually the same roster as Hoyer (4:4 in 6 games) had this year - except Hoyer had Garcon, the best receiver the Niners have had in years, to throw to. And he added nearly 500 yards on the ground.

As IllegalContact said, the season's over if Brady goes down. And if Brady went down I'd rather throw a rookie with some potential into the forge and see if something worthwhile comes out of it than toss in a retread like Hoyer (or Kaepernick, for that matter, much as I'd like to see the Patriots bring him in to see this board completely melt down) whose best days are gone and weren't anything to write home about in any case.

Kaepernick has never run our offense. Forget about the distractions or who is theoretically the better QB. He would not be able to step in for Brady and call our plays until Brady heals up. We would have to reinvent the offense for him. Not exactly what you want in a back-up.

Think about how many receivers can't pick up what we do. You think you are just going to get a QB off the street that can execute our plays?

Last edited:
He is the winningest Brown's QB of the last 10 years.
That's not setting the bar too high. That's like saying you're the smartest kid in..........
( redacted before I get banned for non-PC comment) but you get my drift...

That's not setting the bar too high. That's like saying you're the smartest kid in..........

Give me a break...I see bona fide hate speech get posted here sometimes with no ban. The victim complex is real.

Cleveland's Front Office?
Sports Media?
NFL League Offices?

I've got a million of 'em

Here, let me help you. It's like saying someone's the smartest poster on Patsfans dot com

I like the self-deprecation of the post.

It's not that hard to understand:

Kaepernick is the best QB on the market. Hoyer is second best.

Hoyer has played for the Patriots.

Hoyer will be the backup.

And yet Hoyer will likely be signed twice while Kaepernick sits on his couch.

I think Kap's bigger issue is his lack of dedication to his craft. I doubt if he has spent any time recently staying in shape and/or improving his skills. BB doesn't take kindly to players who don't take their craft seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST