PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News: Peyton Manning will play in 2015, ready to play "at a significant level"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh but when interviewed locally in the news on channel frigin 9 here he said (DT) that they talked about it, not with Payton but with the WR's but didn't actually rehearse it. Anyway doesn't matter I don't care for manning but you guys are so full of hate it is unbelievable. He is good to the fans here and works with the community. I've seen Brady be a complete DB to fans live so they all have their issues. I still prefer TB over manning but they ain't what you make them out to be. I'm done debating it.

I can't stand Peyton and Archie, but Eli seems ok. He must take after mom.

That's great that you "still" prefer Brady over P61D. Welcome to the real world.

I'm like some of the other fans here. I want to see Peyton come back so he can get his 10th one and done. That would be absolutely fabulous.

It would also be nice to see the Brady vs Manning head to head record get a little more lopsided.

P61D may break some other records, but those will be passed by someone else. His one and done record is here to stay.

Let the kid play.

I am so hoping, some talented video editor can take that clip and doctor it up to contain a shiny Lombardi trophy they play keep away with rather than a football.
Best idea yet.
Anybody out there who knows how to do more than just turn their computer on (which is about all I know how to do), who could do create that video?

Not really. Elway knows he isn't winning a SB with Manning.

One and done
SB blowout loss
One and done.

Friggen Tim Tebow has one less playoff win than Manning in Denver.

Elway would probably prefer to use that $16.5m elsewhere to make the team better and roll the dice with Osweiler and if they do good, great and if they suck maybe they suck enough to get one of the top QBs in the 2016 draft.

You talk about losing the SB like it's something that 31 other teams wouldn't have been very happy about. That seems odd.

Peyton Manning has posted records of 13-3, 13-3, and 12-4 during his three years out in Denver.

Isn't the object to try and become one of the top 1-2 seeds in the AFC every year and go from there? It seems like Denver has accomplished that goal every year with Peyton Manning, even if they've come up short in the postseason. Suddenly choosing to throw in the towel and go with Brock Osweiler would seem awfully counter-productive to a team who is currently 20-25 million UNDER the salary cap.

I suppose we'll have to see how it plays out.

Unless they can rebuild him like Steve Austin, he's done. I don't buy the thigh injury excuse AT ALL. With a few rare exceptions, his ability to throw with any zip downfield and to the outside was deteriorating drastically by midseason and getting worse by the week. Anyone remember how they had to completely turn into a running team by mideseason, well before the thigh owwie he got trying to tackle that guy?

Elway is in one hell of a pickle and I'm loving every minute of it. I don't think he can rid himself of Peyton this year even if he wanted to. I give it greater than 50-50 odds that Manning completely falls apart by week 6 (IR, or Orsweiler has to take over), and the Doinks don't even make the playoffs.

my pickle on her face feels good....(Nationwide jingle)

Manning has to hope he gets HFA ...and then hope that Seattle melts down and GB gets in the Bowl next season. All the while staying healthy enough NOT to be throwing like a 6 year girl by the playoffs. I'll sure be watching as much as I can of "As The Moonhead Turns" soap/horse opera.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if Elway sticks to his guns and pushes the pay cut as the Mannings use their press connections to up the pressure.

The 3rd plant from Team Peyton came this morning in the predictable form of Peter King - among them:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/16/nfl-combine-mike-mayock-draft-prospects/5/

I am not purposely advocating for Peyton Manning here, but I am going to come down on one side of a question beginning to get some attention in Denver: Should Peyton Manning, who will be 39-and-a-half years old on opening day, take a pay cut from his scheduled $19 million salary in 2015 to stay a Bronco? Those who would say no, like me, would use this statistic for evidence: There is only one quarterback, then, within 35 touchdown passes of Manning since he began playing for the Broncos in 2012.

I think the odds of Peyton Manning returning to the Broncos increased from 65 percent to 85 percent the other day, when Manning met with GM John Elway and, according to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, told Elway he wants to play in 2015.

I think the Broncos definitely want Manning back for 2015. Take that to the bank. John Elway knows Denver’s best chance to go deep in the playoffs in 2015 is with Manning at quarterback. Elway and the Broncos might quietly rattle some sabers about lowering Manning’s salary in 2015. Now, if they want to lower Manning’s cap number, that would be easy to do—by putting, for example, some of his $19 million salary in a guaranteed bonus. But to me, Manning making $21.5 million on the Denver cap—15 percent of the Broncos’ 2015 total cap—is not excessive.

Matt Chatam weighed in on QB salaries and, specifically, Manning's salary.

He has been a top-notch QB for so many years. But I am starting to think he might be done in terms of "scary Superbowl threat" QB. Too many issues (age, poor performances as winter approaches)...

IMHO, the Donkey's will want to revise their offensive scheme with Manning. They go with more of a run / balanced attack to limit Manning's number of passes. His stats will go down, but he might have some arm strength for the playoffs. Clearly something he didn't have this past year. Now, the question is, can stat boy live with that ?

My brother had drinks with a former 70s era well known Pats player. They meet because my brother, an army vet, is involved with a clinic helping service vets (and ex-football players) dealing with brain injuries, after effects of concussions, etc.

Anyway this name player really lit into Elway. Let's say that after that discussion I no longer have any fear of Elway GMing Denver to success. He's just like the political party mascot animal he looks like.

I think it was Rapaport I heard on NFLN today (I was in the other room), saying that the whispers were taht Denver wouldn't want him back.

kubiak's offense is not Peyton's offense and that's a huge cap hit. And if you look at the last 8 games, he really wasn't good - 230 yards, 6 TDs, 6picks.

My feeling is that the players on the field know it: those low-velocity throws aren't going to cut it. Manning had the mystique going, but he doesn't anymore. Teams are going to crowd the box against him and force him outside and deep, and any decent corner/safety will be looking to close fast.

I think he plays one more year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in Denver.

on a side note, a friend of mine - and Eagles' fan, no less - met the Manning brothers playing catch on a beach on the Jersey Shore. he told me that the two of them were two of the nicest and most generous guys he's ever met. Just passing that along.

My brother had drinks with a former 70s era well known Pats player. They meet because my brother, an army vet, is involved with a clinic helping service vets (and ex-football players) dealing with brain injuries, after effects of concussions, etc.

Anyway this name player really lit into Elway. Let's say that after that discussion I no longer have any fear of Elway GMing Denver to success. He's just like the political party mascot animal he looks like.

Can you expand on these comments?
So far we know your brother knows a guy who played for the Pats in the 70s who doesn't like Elway, but it sounds like there is more to it than that.

PM me if you want the (not much) details. Not sure upon reflection what I was told was for publication.

Let's say that after that discussion I no longer have any fear of Elway GMing Denver to success. He's just like the political party mascot animal he looks like.

Speaking of this, I've always wondered a couple of things:

1) Why some automatically feel that a guy like Elway is a good choice to be a major executive, very high up in the decision making process as GM? Is it because he was able to throw a good spiral? Seems odd to me. One would think that there are much better choices for a position of power to be making salary cap decisions, etc. Just my opinion.

2) What will happen to Elway and DEN in general, once Peyton Manning is gone? I'm guessing that a lot of mediocre years are in order, which is why I believe he's fully on board to keep Manning as long as he can.

Here's something to consider. I've been digging around the net and other media and I'm interested in seeing how peyton's next meeting plays out.

Peyton said that he wanted to have a sit-down with Kubiak and see how his system was going to work, how Kubiak planned on doing things, BEFORE Peyton made a decision to return.

To the best of my knowledge, that meeting hasn't occured as yet, and until it does, it seems to me that Peyton won't make a commitment to Denver for next year. Oh, he'll SAY he wants to come back and play, and all the right words. BUT, I'm also thinking that so far Kubiak hasn't been made available for that meeting, and may well not be made available.

I see all these "hints" and "source statements" and other falderal like Peter King's comments, as moves by Manning's camp to force Elway to allow that meeting.

It bears watching, because it may well be that this is Denver's way of trying to send a hint to Manning that it's time to look elsewhere if he wants to play this year. Keep an eye on this situation.

I will say that this does surprise me. I figured with a new coach and the possible losses of D.Thomas and/or J.Thomas it would be time to 'blow it up' (which would give Peyton little reason to come back).

http://bsndenver.com/julius-thomas-dad-says-broncos-fans-are-losers-and-black-opportunities-matter/

lol a must read. julius thomas's father is hilarious
no surprise that he mentions that manning is a diva!

" Reality: A young black man has a chance to get a decent contract and some merciless losers try to attack him with false stories and negative comments. At the same time they are swinging on Peyton’s nuts. But noone is attacking him (Peyton) for being greedy, selfish, unloyal, and overpaid. No one is attacking Peyton for being a one dimensional player, a liability, lacking in numerous areas, etc, etc. " :eek:

Last edited:
http://bsndenver.com/julius-thomas-dad-says-broncos-fans-are-losers-and-black-opportunities-matter/

" Reality: A young black man has a chance to get a decent contract and some merciless losers try to attack him with false stories and negative comments. At the same time they are swinging on Peyton’s nuts. But noone is attacking him (Peyton) for being greedy, selfish, unloyal, and overpaid. No one is attacking Peyton for being a one dimensional player, a liability, lacking in numerous areas, etc, etc. " :eek:

And apparently Brady was a diva [emoji33]

Wow, what a moron. Do you think he's smart enough to know that he hirt his son's value more than anyone he was talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots