PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd vs. the zombies

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Re: And the Oscar for biting the dust in a drama goes to....

The words "Oscar" and "Daniel Baldwin" should never go hand in hand. On that note, I'm thoroughly enjoying the final episodes of Breaking Bad right now, but I still can't wait for The Walking Dead to come back.

Validates what we have been told that he is a head case... choosing this over football and all of the money associated with it, dumb.

Now we know why Lloyd didn't sign with any NFL teams. Rather than being in football game shape he spent the entire off season getting into zombie movie shape.

Best of luck to your post-NFL career.

Validates what we have been told that he is a head case... choosing this over football and all of the money associated with it, dumb.

Choosing a non violent, creative, fun way to make a living vs. pro footbal makes him a head case? Choosing happiness over money makes him a head case? Pot, meet kettle.

The words "Oscar" and "Daniel Baldwin" should never go hand in hand. On that note, I'm thoroughly enjoying the final episodes of Breaking Bad right now, but I still can't wait for The Walking Dead to come back.

Yes, but..

Breaking Bad > Walking Dead.

Easily.

Depending on how a person has manged their money and what their lifestyle is, it's not out of the realm of possibility to consider that the game of professional football is not worth the money. While any of us would leap at a one-year contract for $970,000, that may not be the case for others.

For example you see players at the end of their careers that are still good enough to play somewhere in the NFL, but they don't. Why? The money is not enough for them. Examples would be Adalius Thomas or Marvin Harrison; a vet minimum contract wasn't worth it, with the money they had already been paid.

Perhaps that is the case with Lloyd, although his earnings have been much lower. From what I have found this is what he has made over the years:

$1,130,000 - 2003-05 (SF)
???? ........ - 2006-07 (SF, Wash)
$605,000 --- 2008 (Bears)
$670,000 --- 2009 (Broncos)
$2,050,000 - 2010-11 (Broncos-Rams)
$4,000,000 - 2012 (Patriots)

That's more than $9 million. Even after taxes and whatever he has spent, he should in theory be set for life. Another million to him is not remotely the same as a million to one of us. And that's before even considering all the information that has become available about the long term health effects of playing professional football.

I'm retired. Loved working in high tech.
I would not go back to work another year for $1M, and I didn't make $9M.
Glad Lloyd avoided the fate of his namesake and is moving on to a productive post NFL career.

How? He is(should be if he didn't blow it) already rich. Trying something else he likes doesn't make him dumb.

I'm a HUGE Walking Dead fan, can't wait until it comes back. Though I wasn't thrilled how the season ended.

He reportedly plays a cop who solves crimes in his spare time.

Yes, but..

Breaking Bad > Walking Dead.

Easily.

I wouldn't say that it's easily better than TWD, but it is better. Oh, and Hank died, for anybody that hasn't watched the episode yet. Jack shot him in the head after Walt offered to pay Jack all his money in order to spare Hank's life. Hank surmised that Jack made up his mind ten minutes ago... and Jack shot Hank in the head.

Just figured I'd save you all the shock and surprise on that one. :D

I'm a HUGE Walking Dead fan, can't wait until it comes back. Though I wasn't thrilled how the season ended.

The season finale was a little uninspiring, but I like how cold Carl has become and I also like the fact that The Governor got away and is poised to cause some chaos this season. Sad that Merle died the episode before.

EDIT: Why wouldn't they have just all moved to Woodbury? Working generators, showers, and electricity plus walls that the zombies haven't broken through unless they've been tampered with? I'd easily take that over the prison.

EDIT: Why wouldn't they have just all moved to Woodbury? Working generators, showers, and electricity plus walls that the zombies haven't broken through unless they've been tampered with? I'd easily take that over the prison.

Because the entire show is dependent upon stupid people doing stupid things. It's the only way the show can create drama. Now, I'm a huge zombie fan (even wrote a couple of novels), and Season 1 of TWD was amazing, but the show is borderline idiotic now.

Having said that, I still have to watch it, because it's the only game in town.

Guys. Breaking Bad or Walking Dead I'm sure are great tv shows, but this thread is about to be moved to the Pub. If you keep it to discussing Brandon Lloyd, then fine. Otherwise, it has to move.

This ain't Patriotsplanet.com.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say that it's easily better than TWD, but it is better. Oh, and Hank died, for anybody that hasn't watched the episode yet. Jack shot him in the head after Walt offered to pay Jack all his money in order to spare Hank's life. Hank surmised that Jack made up his mind ten minutes ago... and Jack shot Hank in the head.

Just figured I'd save you all the shock and surprise on that one. :D

The season finale was a little uninspiring, but I like how cold Carl has become and I also like the fact that The Governor got away and is poised to cause some chaos this season. Sad that Merle died the episode before.

"Ozymandias" was truly one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.... and I suspect that Cranston will submit it for emmy consideration.

As for how the series ends, I just want a final confrontation between the show's two protagonists. It starts with Walt and Jesse, and I think it should end with them as well.

"Ozymandias" was truly one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.... and I suspect that Cranston will submit it for emmy consideration.

As for how the series ends, I just want a final confrontation between the show's two protagonists. It starts with Walt and Jesse, and I think it should end with them as well.

......and there it goes.......

Depending on how a person has manged their money and what their lifestyle is, it's not out of the realm of possibility to consider that the game of professional football is not worth the money. While any of us would leap at a one-year contract for $970,000, that may not be the case for others.

For example you see players at the end of their careers that are still good enough to play somewhere in the NFL, but they don't. Why? The money is not enough for them. Examples would be Adalius Thomas or Marvin Harrison; a vet minimum contract wasn't worth it, with the money they had already been paid.

Perhaps that is the case with Lloyd, although his earnings have been much lower. From what I have found this is what he has made over the years:

$1,130,000 - 2003-05 (SF)
???? ........ - 2006-07 (SF, Wash)
$605,000 --- 2008 (Bears)
$670,000 --- 2009 (Broncos)
$2,050,000 - 2010-11 (Broncos-Rams)
$4,000,000 - 2012 (Patriots)

That's more than $9 million. Even after taxes and whatever he has spent, he should in theory be set for life. Another million to him is not remotely the same as a million to one of us. And that's before even considering all the information that has become available about the long term health effects of playing professional football.

Adalius probably didn't want a vet minimum contract to match his vet minimum effort.

......and there it goes.......

Given the time stamps, he was probably typing that as you made your post. I literally just got done PMing him. Total over-moderation on this one. You should have given others a chance to actually read your post on the matter, but whatever.

is Lloyd's YAC the same for zombies as it was for the NFL :confused:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back