PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandin Cooks wants to finish career with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooks and Michael Thomas had issues with each other. There was a juvenile Twitter exchange between them in early March in which other Saints receivers chimed in on Thomas' side. While I'm sure Payton would have loved the two to coexist, I'm also sure he's not shedding a tear over getting Lattimore and an 8-2 record to date.

Regards,
Chris

The key to Brady's throws are his awesome mechanics. Watch the 2 long bombs to Cooks from Mexico in slow motion if you can. It is actually stunning to watch his whole body mechanics in those throws in slo mo, then when the ball finally comes out of the motion, it takes off like a bullet even in slow motion. His mechanics are better than they were ten year ago and they were great then as well. he throws better than ever. I honestly think he will play until 45 46 now. And that fits perfectly with a Cooks second contract. Cooks could be in his 8th or 9th season when Brady leaves. Also, if Belichick goes a few more years, I don't see why he just won't keep going, unless something big changes.
This is a great post, I agree 100% with this. Watching Brady’s mechanics on the deep ball is a marvel. He’s like a machine. Just a joy to watch.

This is a great post, I agree 100% with this. Watching Brady’s mechanics on the deep ball is a marvel. He’s like a machine. Just a joy to watch.
the first one which was not the TD, watch in Youtube, turned down to the slowest speed.. it is a marvel

Cooks and Michael Thomas had issues with each other. There was a juvenile Twitter exchange between them in early March in which other Saints receivers chimed in on Thomas' side. While I'm sure Payton would have loved the two to coexist, I'm also sure he's not shedding a tear over getting Lattimore and an 8-2 record to date.

Regards,
Chris
can you expand?

what was exchange about etc,

For some reason I thought Cooks was 28-29, didn't realize he was only 24.

10 year contract, sign the beast.

Only a Patriots' message board could take Brandon Cooks saying he wants to stay here forever and turn it into:

"He had trouble with the Saints."
"Brady might get hurt tomorrow!!!!!"
"I need to see more."

Which, if any, of those 3 statements is problematic in a thread about a receiver saying he wants to stay with the team for his entire career?.

Which, if any, of those 3 statements is problematic in a thread about a receiver saying he wants to stay with the team for his entire career?.

Since he's doing great here, I would have expected more "hell yeah" than worrying about Brady getting hurt, etc., is all.

Regardless of how Cooks got here, it was definitely a win-win for both teams. Ryan Ramczyk, the player taken with the Pats pick, has started every game this year at either left or right tackle, and has only allowed 2 sacks and 1 holding penalty.
Given the Saints running game, he's probably not bad at run blocking either.

I'd do the trade again
The best trades are the ones where both teams say that.

I don't see this dynasty ever coming to an end maybe semi down years at the most, after BB is done I'm sure the blueprint to the ship will be well structured to keep it rolling and going where it needs to be
nice dream

I can’t wait until next year when he really has a better grasp of the offense. It might be a pipe dream but I want a healthy Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Dola, and Gronk (and hell, Bennett) all together at the same time with at least one year experience in the system...
That was insane reading that. And you didn't even need to include Mitchell to get my blood pressure up.

Clock may be ticking, but these guys still have several productive years and Brady makes them gold the way he uses them. Brady is the one extending his career. But yes, Cooks is awesome and more than worth that 32nd pick.
Yeah, I’m not saying they’re done or anything, just that Cooks is the #1 guy they’ve never been able to hit on in the draft, and he’s still soooo young and will only make Brady’s job easier if he sticks long term. I think Dola can hang in his current role a couple more years, Jules too, but I don’t see both of them being what they are now in, say, 2020. Brady has beaten back Father Time but most still don’t, and just losing a bit of that quick twitch speed will make JE/DA far more mortal, so I think ‘several’ more years is probably a stretch. Hogan I’m less sure about, smaller sample size and esp with his role kind of changed by Cooks’ presence, but def a valuable piece.

They’ve obviously done a great job over time of moving from Brown>Branch>Welker>Edelman/DA in that particular role but there was also ‘06 and even ‘13 and ‘15 where they weren’t quite filled out enough at WR. 2013 JEs numbers were great in the end, and DA had a torn groin he played thru, but that year was a mess at WR while that shook out, and with knowing Cooks “gets it” here and showing that he can mitigate the concern of having a season like that over the rest of TBs career, absolute must sign.

All it takes is one hit on Brady from the wrong angle and it is all over. If anything this season has proven how small the margin between getting tackled and getting up vs. getting tackled and having a catastrophic injury really is.

Personally, I wouldnt bet on anyone staying healthy through an entire season of pro football.
And I was having so much fun in this thread before this.:)

All it takes is one hit on Brady from the wrong angle and it is all over. If anything this season has proven how small the margin between getting tackled and getting up vs. getting tackled and having a catastrophic injury really is.

Personally, I wouldnt bet on anyone staying healthy through an entire season of pro football.
I’ve been betting on Brady to make it through an entire season since 2001 and I have 15 wins and 1 loss.

Excellent news! I can't wait to see what he looks like year 3 in this offense. I have a feeling he will make a lot of special plays aside from him toasting the deep guys.

While I'm sure Payton would have loved the two to coexist, I'm also sure he's not shedding a tear over getting Lattimore and an 8-2 record to date.
You mean Ryan Ramczyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes