PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandin Cooks wants to finish career with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this isn't like the Monkey's Paw and a piano falls on him tomorrow.

Thats why I think we have a legitimate shot at a 3 peat, not much competition this year and I think we have the nfc north next year, and I think offense next season will be what it would of been this year had Edelman not gotten hurt assuming Edelman makes a fully recoverey which I'm sure he will as he sounded even hungrier when he tore his acl to get back it sucks he looked like he was gonna have his best season yet

Yeah.....we're on to Miami :confused:

I love players who want success over everything.

Hopefully he means it, and will not be too greedy.

If you want to win, have a respectable legacy and belong to the ages of greatness....
...you stay right here. The greatest owner, Coach, QB....
..you stay here.

It's gotta be hard to resist the BIG money, but you can't buy your way into Canton..
Unless your last name is Manning.:p

You keep a young stallion like this, you know, to go with our old stallion.

I hope so too but for the right price.

I'd happily sign him for a 5 yr 50M contract.

Anymore and I don't really know. I like WRs but I don't value them as much as most people.

Need to get those corporate sponsor advertising gigs set up asap to offset his pending hometown discount!

Joking aside. After a full year in the system. The kid is going to be special.
He IS special as is. He can literally extend TBs career. Edelman, Dola, even Hogan we love em but clocks already ticking. This guy is the #1 WR they’ve never really had (outside of Moss, obviously...which was just 1 full healthy year with TB before injury, recovery, implosion, ya know). He and Gronk and a couple smart pickups can carry them thru 2021 or so. Must sign.

I don’t think he’d have to take too much of a pay cut. Maybe B.B. can get him for like five mill per. Even at nine he would be a good deal but we know bill won’t go that high

If he's serious, it really makes me curious as to what the hell happened in New Orleans.
I wonder if it was first and foremost a cap issue. Saints were in cap hell and still have limited cap space (per overthecap.com) so I wonder if they figured to jettison him now, get a first rounder and still have a quality receiving corps albeit a weakened one, especially if they were transitioning their offense to more of a balanced one with drafting of Kamara and at the time signing AP... The obvious reason a team dumps a quality player ( locker room issues) doesn't seem to be at play here.....

I would like him to as well but honestly, what is he supposed to say? I want to ride out in free agency and maximize my dollars with another team next year?

I don’t think he’d have to take too much of a pay cut. Maybe B.B. can get him for like five mill per. Even at nine he would be a good deal but we know bill won’t go that high
A $5m per year offer would piss off Cooks.

Bill just shelled out $65m for Gilmore. How do you know the team won't spend $9m per year on Cooks?

I can’t wait until next year when he really has a better grasp of the offense. It might be a pipe dream but I want a healthy Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Dola, and Gronk (and hell, Bennett) all together at the same time with at least one year experience in the system...

Pats will be fined $1M and docked a 1st round draft pick, before that offense even steps foot on the field, for having an unstoppable offense, and an 'un-competitive advantage'.

It's that early part of a relationship where he will say anything.

Think he'll take Edelman-level money? (ha ha, no?)

Thats why I think we have a legitimate shot at a 3 peat, not much competition this year and I think we have the nfc north next year, and I think offense next season will be what it would of been this year had Edelman not gotten hurt assuming Edelman makes a fully recoverey which I'm sure he will as he sounded even hungrier when he tore his acl to get back it sucks he looked like he was gonna have his best season yet

All it takes is one hit on Brady from the wrong angle and it is all over. If anything this season has proven how small the margin between getting tackled and getting up vs. getting tackled and having a catastrophic injury really is.

Personally, I wouldnt bet on anyone staying healthy through an entire season of pro football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft