PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady with 30 TD's while playing hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most professional athletes want to face the best team and beat them.
I doubt there is ever a team that won it all that sat around thinking about who they were afraid of and hoping they got to face bad teams.
As you said no nfl team is afraid of any other.
I remember from a few yrs ago when Demariyus Thomas said that Denver didn't want to come in to Foxboro to play us in AFCCG. They lost to Baltimore because they were already thinking ahead about Pats. Most players (and coaches too) won't admit it but it's real that they do not want to play certain teams.

I remember from a few yrs ago when Demariyus Thomas said that Denver didn't want to come in to Foxboro to play us in AFCCG. They lost to Baltimore because they were already thinking ahead about Pats. Most players (and coaches too) won't admit it but it's real that they do not want to play certain teams.
I strenuously disagree.

Yea, but.. He just provided a relevant example to the contrary of your point...
Please show me a quote where Thomas said he was afraid to play the patriots.
99 times out of 100 people posing comments like that get it wrong.
And by the way my point was players aren’t afraid I don’t think a team ever won worrying who they were afraid to play so even if it were true my point remains.

And by the way my point was players aren’t afraid I don’t think a team ever won worrying who they were afraid to play so even if it were true my point remains.
Demaryius Thomas questions fight of 2014 Broncos

You had guys always talking about, the night before the game you had them (saying) ‘Oh, I don’t want to go to New England and play New England. And I think that was one of the big things.

Demaryius: Broncos looked past Colts

"I think one thing is guys kind of look over the Colts. We had guys talking, the night before the game, 'I don't want to go to New England and play New England.' I think that was one of the big things."

Your point was that no NFL team is afraid of another, clearly that's not the case, it does happen, they are humans after all.

This narrative is the biggest pile of steaming cow dung I have ever heard. Maybe they think the boggie man is involved somehow too.

No team is "afraid" of the NEP. The Panthers in 03 weren't. Iggles in 04 and last year weren't. JAX wasn't last year or in 07. HOU in 16 wasn't. Neither was ATL. BAL never was. Neither was DEN.

More often than not what does happen is A) teams can't close the deal because they tighten up under the pressure, B) Aren't as talented or C) the NEP make plays when they are needed.

Pats lose when they are hurt or are outplayed. Not because teams are not afraid of them.

Afraid might not be the right word. But the NEP have built a reputation that no doubt has cost opponents big games over the years usually when visiting Foxboro. The record speaks for itself. You can't say being a juggernaut for 2 decades doesn't play a role mentally vs opponents. How else to explain the snowflake crying (by players and coaches not just fans and media) about warm Gatorade, radio frequencies, crumbled up playbooks, running up the score etc? Some teams are mentally soft and are beaten before they step on the field/court/ice. It's not just Xs and Os. This isn't a unique phenomenon to New England excepting we've done it longer and better than anyone else in modern sports.

Demaryius: Broncos looked past Colts

Your point was that no NFL team is afraid of another, clearly that's not the case, it does happen, they are humans after all.
Here is the entire quote.

"I feel like some guys," he said, pausing again, "didn't have the fight or whatever it was. It was totally a different team than last year (2013). I think we had more talent this year, but there was a little more fight in that team last year."

Thomas also said that he and his teammates were guilty of looking over Indianapolis, who beat the Broncos 24-13 in Denver, the only home loss of the season.

"I think one thing is guys kind of look over the Colts. We had guys talking, the night before the game, 'I don't want to go to New England and play New England.' I think that was one of the big things."

This is not Thomas saying he doesn’t want to play NE it’s Thomas making excuses for losing and throwing his teammates under the bus.
Players are not afraid of other teams.

How else to explain the snowflake crying (by players and coaches not just fans and media) about warm Gatorade, radio frequencies, crumbled up playbooks, running up the score etc?

Some teams are mentally soft and are beaten before they step on the field/court/ice.

Thats it and add coaching, talent, discipline, maintaining composure and execution.

Here is the entire quote.

This is not Thomas saying he doesn’t want to play NE it’s Thomas making excuses for losing and throwing his teammates under the bus.
Players are not afraid of other teams.

Thomas was pretty much directly saying that the Broncos were openly talking about not wanting to go to New England. There is no other reason to not want to go to New England if you were Denver outside of wanting to avoid the match-up which comes because you're afraid of playing that team. What the hell else could he have possibly been talking about? Seriously, you sound like a complete idiot and a guy that hasn't played a competitive sport in decades.

Sure. But if it's providing context, you ought to account for balls that should have been intercepted and we'rent, not just ones that shouldn't have been and were.
Do you have an explicit memory of INTs he threw that were dropped? I don't. If you do, by all means let me know. I can vividly remember the deflected INTs because they kept happening often early in the season. Changes of possession that result from them can be big factors in the game.

I can [somehow] remember Brady's first INT of 2015 because it was a deflection. They're frustrating and tend to stick in your mind way more.

Sure. But if it's providing context, you ought to account for balls that should have been intercepted and we'rent, not just ones that shouldn't have been and were.

They don't count the same, not the least of which for a very obvious reason:

WRs are supposed to catch pretty much everything thrown in their area. Defensive players are not.

This narrative is the biggest pile of steaming cow dung I have ever heard. Maybe they think the boggie man is involved somehow too.

No team is "afraid" of the NEP. The Panthers in 03 weren't. Iggles in 04 and last year weren't. JAX wasn't last year or in 07. HOU in 16 wasn't. Neither was ATL. BAL never was. Neither was DEN.

More often than not what does happen is A) teams can't close the deal because they tighten up under the pressure, B) Aren't as talented or C) the NEP make plays when they are needed.

Pats lose when they are hurt or are outplayed. Not because teams are not afraid of them.
I'm 100% with you on this one. Nothing makes me tune out a "pundit" faster than this drivel. Except maybe when they start prattling on and on about how pretty much only the Pats "HAVE TO HAVE THE #1 OR #2 SEED or omgwtfbbq no superbolzszsz!!111!!" Such a lazy take. I think if those "hottakers" would do some research, they might find that upwards of 90% of all sb winners in history have been the 1 or 2 seed. Including the "underdog" 2017 Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back