PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady with 30 TD's while playing hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
For context: 4 of those INTs came on tipped balls. Another vs Buffalo was due to an uncalled DPI that made the INT possible.

Regardless, his stats surprise me. I would've guessed he was a lot further off from last year's numbers.

Stop it with the tipped balls. Tipped balls happen every single year, to every single team. They count.

They are just analyzing the ints that has happened. It’s hard to fault anyone for not taking into consideration a nonexistent stat such as defender dropped ints.

They're no more nonexistent then the ones that the WRs tipped.

They're no more nonexistent then the ones that the WRs tipped.

Yeah but those still count as ints whereas defender dropped passes count as nothing.

Dam I wonder if Brady propelled himself back into the MVP talk with yesterdays performance??:confused:

Yes, and there's another 5+ non-INTs that hit a defender right in the hands and they dropped it. INTs are a weird stat because there's some amount of random fluctuation within bounds set by skill. Cian Fahey tried to quantify that with his interceptable throws metric, which is subject to the observer's biases (and Fahey is generally biased against Brady and for Rodgers) but it's overall better conceptually than raw interceptions.

“ interceptable passes” is the single dumbest make believe stat in sports history. I fully expect Fahey and Monson to put out their “ almost fumbled” numbers any day now.

That can’t be right, in fact I read right here that he’s done and they should get rid of him.
I like to listen to the yahoos on sports radio on my drive home after a win. I had to change the channel though when Ordway and DeOssie were arguing that Brady is preserving himself by giving up on plays all during this season. WTF and LOL. I also heard on national sports radio this morning that nobody is scared of the Pats any more (and in fact the Pats are scared of them) and (from one of the "experts" that claims to have watched the whole game) that Darnold played well yesterday - the Jets were moving the ball (hence the Pats' D was bad); they just went for it on 4th down and couldn't convert. Another WTF and LOL moment for me. I really went into the wrong line of work (where you have to back up the things you say).

Steven A Smith rejoices.

I also heard on national sports radio this morning that nobody is scared of the Pats any more

This narrative is the biggest pile of steaming cow dung I have ever heard. Maybe they think the boggie man is involved somehow too.

No team is "afraid" of the NEP. The Panthers in 03 weren't. Iggles in 04 and last year weren't. JAX wasn't last year or in 07. HOU in 16 wasn't. Neither was ATL. BAL never was. Neither was DEN.

More often than not what does happen is A) teams can't close the deal because they tighten up under the pressure, B) Aren't as talented or C) the NEP make plays when they are needed.

Pats lose when they are hurt or are outplayed. Not because teams are not afraid of them.

I like to listen to the yahoos on sports radio on my drive home after a win. I had to change the channel though when Ordway and DeOssie were arguing that Brady is preserving himself by giving up on plays all during this season. WTF and LOL. I also heard on national sports radio this morning that nobody is scared of the Pats any more (and in fact the Pats are scared of them) and (from one of the "experts" that claims to have watched the whole game) that Darnold played well yesterday - the Jets were moving the ball (hence the Pats' D was bad); they just went for it on 4th down and couldn't convert. Another WTF and LOL moment for me. I really went into the wrong line of work (where you have to back up the things you say).

This narrative is the biggest pile of steaming cow dung I have ever heard. Maybe they think the boggie man is involved somehow too.

No team is "afraid" of the NEP. The Panthers in 03 weren't. Iggles in 04 and last year weren't. JAX wasn't last year or in 07. HOU in 16 wasn't. Neither was ATL. BAL never was. Neither was DEN.

More often than not what does happen is A) teams can't close the deal because they tighten up under the pressure, B) Aren't as talented or C) the NEP make plays when they are needed.

Pats lose when they are hurt or are outplayed. Not because teams are not afraid of them.

A lot of the posters here (non players of course) are afraid of the Ravens and just about any other team with a winning record.

Someone will click "Disagree" in 3...2...1...

I never said they didn't count. Whether you like it or not, 4 of them were tipped. That's a fact. It's called "providing context".

Sure. But if it's providing context, you ought to account for balls that should have been intercepted and we'rent, not just ones that shouldn't have been and were.

A lot of the posters here (non players of course) are afraid of the Ravens and just about any other team with a winning record.

Yep.

Someone drops a Ratbird helmet in the middle of a Patriots tailgate and 1/2 say FU and the other shrink, grow yellow feathers and a beak.

LOL, I had a different reaction. I was thinking, hmmm, maybe they should be afraid because of the 4 playoff teams we played this season, we beat all 4 of them (Houston, KC, Indy and Chicago). Also, we are the only NFL team this year who was undefeated at home and we have a 1st round bye. Did we have some head-scratching losses against losing teams? Yup, but that doesn't mean we can't play well against YOU, especially if you're coming to our house.

I actually had no idea he was that close to last year's stats. Probably a case of the rest of the field being impressive

I don't disagree I just wanted to humor you

LOL, I had a different reaction. I was thinking, hmmm, maybe they should be afraid because of the 4 playoff teams we played this season, we beat all 4 of them (Houston, KC, Indy and Chicago). Also, we are the only NFL team this year who was undefeated at home and we have a 1st round bye. Did we have some head-scratching losses against losing teams? Yup, but that doesn't mean we can't play well against YOU, especially if you're coming to our house.

Such a strange year: 5-2 v teams with winning records and 6-3 v with losing ones.

Last edited:

Most professional athletes want to face the best team and beat them.
I doubt there is ever a team that won it all that sat around thinking about who they were afraid of and hoping they got to face bad teams.
As you said no nfl team is afraid of any other.

The trick I use to do things like that is to focus on the plane you're sitting on and not what's in front and below you. Once sitting, you realize it's actually not all that dangerous. Looks crazier because of the angle of the shot.

Nope. You're not convincing me. One good hearty involuntary sneeze and that dude is a goner.

I'll say this though I am afraid of any team we have to go on the road to play. At home I ain't scared of nobody. That's why the Ravens are an after thought to me

Dam I wonder if Brady propelled himself back into the MVP talk with yesterdays performance??:confused:

What???

You said yesterday that if Brady didn't throw for more than 270 yards he would be a lot closer to the cliff than we thought he was. And now you're throwing him into the MVP conversation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back