PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Fox after he retires

Skeptical Brady will be good at this, have to see a side of him we haven’t seen before. It’ll be fun if this works out for him.

Brady has chosen between spending more time with his family and his need to be before the public and earn lots more money. I have no criticism. FOX executives have every right to make silly decisions. They can see how paying Brady $40M a year will help their bottom line. What a financial vision! FOX isn't a business that I would consider investing in.
right..

It always come back to Brady attention and setting up his next shot.

He released another statement about 2022 unfinished business. Its only May too.

Big win for me: Since I won't pay for ESPN, this means I won't be seeing much of Troy and Joe going forward!

Why did I think for some reason that Collinsworth followed Michaels to Amazon.

And you will see Troy and Joe for Pats games on MNF even if you watch it on a local station.

He's basically replacing Troy Aikman

I'll believe it when I see it. I won't be on pins and needles waiting for it.

The best TV analysts provide strategy explanations, some technical observations/trends, and at the same time are witty, think fast, and say things that not only inform but entertain.

I'm sure Brady can do the strategy analysis and observations/trends parts, but in terms of quick wit and sharing entertaining thoughts, that seems much more of a stretch.

I love that Tom will get to spend the next 10 years, following his retirement, just roasting all the teams he torched his whole career.

Except Saints, Rams, Broncos, and Giants…all other teams, yes.

The best TV analysts provide strategy explanations, some technical observations/trends, and at the same time are witty, think fast, and say things that not only inform but entertain.

I'm sure Brady can do the strategy analysis and observations/trends parts, but in terms of quick wit and sharing entertaining thoughts, that seems much more of a stretch.

Remember Ron Jaworski's show where he'd break down the previous week's games in regards to the current week's matchups? Real nuts & bolts content. I think Tom would be great at this. Unfortunately, he'd have to fill the time with stupid social media crap and the like, who had the best TD celebration, maybe an interview with some has-been entertainer.

You're trying too hard. :)

Well, those are the 4 teams with major bragging rights over him...I can't imagine Brady being happy broadcasting anyone of their games.

Well, those are the 4 teams with major bragging rights over him...I can't imagine Brady being happy broadcasting anyone of their games.
Brady is 21-15 against those 4 teams combined

Brady is 21-15 against those 4 teams combined

And? The Giants are 2-0 vs him when it counts the most. He is 1-7 vs Rams/Saints as a Buccaneer. lastly, he is 1-3 vs Denver in the playoffs, the lone win coming vs Tim Tebow. Hardly anything to thump his chest about.

Brady has chosen between spending more time with his family and his need to be before the public and earn lots more money. I have no criticism. FOX executives have every right to make silly decisions. They can see how paying Brady $40M a year will help their bottom line. What a financial vision! FOX isn't a business that I would consider investing in.
This move will actually give him a lot more time with his family. Zo was saying on the radio that Brady will fly private jet either late Friday or Saturday morning. Will have a meeting with coach and QB, call the game on Sunday, and then private jet home. It's a pretty easy gig for a ton of money.

I wouldn't say the Rams have major bragging rights over Tom Brady.

And? The Giants are 2-0 vs him when it counts the most. He is 1-7 vs Rams/Saints as a Buccaneer. lastly, he is 1-3 vs Denver in the playoffs, the lone win coming vs Tim Tebow. Hardly anything to thump his chest about.
2-1 vs Rams when it counts the most but you didn't mention that. Without Brady the Patriots got their doors blown off by the Rams in 2020.
The Giants haven't beaten a Brady team in over a decade.
The Broncos haven't beaten a Brady team in almost 7 seasons. Like the Rams they also beat the Patriots without Brady in 2020.

Highly unlikely Brady cares one way or the other what teams he will be calling as a broadcaster. Should be interesting to see what he says about the Patriots and Bill now that he'll have free reign to say anything he wants.

2-1 vs Rams when it counts the most but you didn't mention that. The Patriots got their doors blown off by the Rams without Brady in 2020.
The Giants haven't beaten a Brady team in over a decade.
The Broncos haven't beaten a Brady team in almost 7 seasons. As with the Rams they also beat the Patriots without Brady in 2020.

I suggest you watch Man in the Arena episodes 4 and 5. At the end of one of them he says "F the Giants." Dude is still bitter as hell over those two super bowl losses. In case you noticed around here, we only care about the postseason.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back