PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Fox after he retires

Pretty hard to turn down over 1/3 Billion dollars for commenting on 20-25 football games per year. Belichick would probably take that offer too.

Maybe he'll dial back some of the stupid NFT, crypto garbage that he's been poorly advised to push.

Besides being Fox Sports’ No. 1 game analyst, he will also be a company ambassador who will help in sponsorships and promotional activities.

Translation: Tom will be gladhanding and otherwise interacting with the advertisers who pay Fox hundreds of millions of dollars per year. That's where the real payoff is for Fox. The advertisers could give 2 craps about meeting Romo or Greg Olsen.

I think he would be better on the pre game show rather than doing in game analysis. We will see

I'm sure the contract has provisions for termination with and without cause. If he's terrible he won't get $375mm.
I highly doubt there is a clause that says "if you are a bad announcer, we can fire you for cause." His level of performance is a risk Fox takes when bringing him on board. Who even would get to decide what makes him good or bad? Name any announcer and you will find fans who like that guy and fans who hate that guy.

Last edited:
oh wonderful...10 more years of Tommy worship. :rolleyes: I'm sure members of this board will now be tuning into games broadcast by Brady instead of the Patriots.
Individual starts thread about Tom Brady.
Individual later complains about how much people here talk about Tom Brady.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I highly doubt there is a clause that says "if you are a bad announcer, we can fire you for cause." His level of performance is a risk Fox takes when bringing him on board. Who even would get to decide what makes him good or bad? Name any announcer and you will find fans who like that guy and fans who hate that guy.
I would imagine both may have an out clause. If Fox wants to get rid of him there’s probably a buyout clause. “Tom, we’re going in a different direction, here’s $50m”. If Tom has the opportunity to own a team there may be an out and a non-compete clause.

Chris Long made a good point. Imagine the production meetings between Bill and Tom when Brady does a Pats game.

I said no such thing. Almost all such arrangements have "with cause" provisions for egregious behavior like refusing to show up for work, working for a competitor, publicly disparaging FOX Sports etc. Separately, there will be provisions for Fox to terminate the relationship "without cause", for which there will undoubtedly be a termination fee schedule of some sort. That's just sound business.

I'm shocked Tommy signed with Fox when he could have had a glorious post NFL career with Disney...I mean, after 20 years of sexual innuendos and claims of "metro!!!" and "non binary" I would have guessed the They/Them/Its' Brady clan would be perfect for the Dizzyland/Chinese global empire...but Fox??? MAGALAND??? If he's featured pregame in a $10,000 dollar leather recliner eating cake with co-host Donald J Trump and making fun of Brian Stelter while Giselle hangs portraits of Marie Antoinette and Augusto Pinochet on the wall, I'll cut off my nuts and join the 26 Gender Freakazoid Mutant Army under the guise of Colonel Jusse Sharpton-Maddow.

Good for him, but I don't get the draw of celebrity sports announcers. With today's tv's and entertainment systems I'd love to have the option to select an all 22 type view with only a stadium noise feed.

Good for him, but I don't get the draw of celebrity sports announcers. With today's tv's and entertainment systems I'd love to have the option to select an all 22 type view with only a stadium noise feed.
Brady is an NFL player...that is the paradigm for the past 40 years in broadcasting. They have professionals researching Q factors that predict

I'm shocked Tommy signed with Fox when he could have had a glorious post NFL career with Disney...I mean, after 20 years of sexual innuendos and claims of "metro!!!" and "non binary" I would have guessed the They/Them/Its' Brady clan would be perfect for the Dizzyland/Chinese global empire...but Fox??? MAGALAND??? If he's featured pregame in a $10,000 dollar leather recliner eating cake with co-host Donald J Trump and making fun of Brian Stelter while Giselle hangs portraits of Marie Antoinette and Augusto Pinochet on the wall, I'll cut off my nuts and join the 26 Gender Freakazoid Mutant Army under the guise of Colonel Jusse Sharpton-Maddow.
I'd watch that miniseries.

Big win for me: Since I won't pay for ESPN, this means I won't be seeing much of Troy and Joe going forward!

Happy for him. He deserves it. The whiners/haters now have to deal with him for 10 more years. Love it

I honestly thought he was going to go all in with growing TB12 and just be a business man and eventually a front office guy like Magic Johnson.
My guess is he’ll do it for a while but his ultimate goal is to be part owner of a team.
Putting these two together, I'd suggest it means TB12 is not generating the kind of cash needed to ever hope to be principal owner of a NFL team.

Even his $375M contract, the following suggests his net worth is in the $700m range, not enough to get that done. I doubt Gisele's money would be enough to make that happen. Teams are $3B+ assets these days. He'd have to find rich partners that were willing to let him run the show. That's a tricky balancing act.

Happy for him. He deserves it. The whiners/haters now have to deal with him for 10 more years. Love it
What's the over/under on him making it 10 years in the booth?

There's a good chance that (a) he sucks at it and gets the boot or (b) he gets bored and decides to bail out.

Putting these two together, I'd suggest it means TB12 is not generating the kind of cash needed to ever hope to be principal owner of a NFL team.

Even his $375M contract, the following suggests his net worth is in the $700m range, not enough to get that done. I doubt Gisele's money would be enough to make that happen. Teams are $3B+ assets these days. He'd have to find rich partners that were willing to let him run the show. That's a tricky balancing act.

To be the principal owner the NFL requires minimum 30% ownership. The allows up to $1B to be debt financing. So if a team costs in the neighbourhood of $3B, to be principal Brady needs to come up with $900m, some of which can be debt.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back