PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Fox after he retires

Will be odd to see Brady in that role, he’s not a natural in front of the camera. He’ll have to offer more than he does in his press conferences for this to work

For that kind of money tho, who can blame him

"Well, Tom, it looks like Tua is getting his hand bandaged. Is that similar to the injury you had before the Superbowl a few years ago?"

"I'm not talking about that."

That's crazy that they would pay Brady that much without even knowing how well he does. What if he absolutely sucks as an analyst? Just because he is an elite player and is fairly good in front of camera doesn't mean he will be a great analyst. Besides, Brady hasn't been the guy who likes to say negative things about other players in public thus far in his career even when others have.
I would imagine before agreeing to $375m they would have brought him in to one of the studios and done some test games.

I would imagine before agreeing to $375m they would have brought him in to one of the studios and done some test games.

It isn't the same doing it live on the air. I am sure they did some. Still a big risk.

They probably don’t care. It’s the name that matters.
Ya, it’s the name but 10 yrs and $375m is a long time and lot of scratch. These networks would likely have called him in to do a few tests. I imagine Brady himself would want to do the tests to see how he feels doing it.

It isn't the same doing it live on the air. I am sure they did some. Still a big risk.
Yup. Most definitely a risk. I wonder if there’s an out for both him and the network.

That's crazy that they would pay Brady that much without even knowing how well he does. What if he absolutely sucks as an analyst? Just because he is an elite player and is fairly good in front of camera doesn't mean he will be a great analyst. Besides, Brady hasn't been the guy who likes to say negative things about other players in public thus far in his career even when others have.

Aside from performing at a legendary level on the football field, I think Brady is terrible in front of a camera

He has some real cringeworthy performances on SNL, etc

I guess the "spend more time with the family" narrative can go back on the shelf again.
You know, you can have a full time job and still spend time with family. And while there is a certain amount of prep work that goes into broadcasting - not to mention traveling on weekends - I think it is safe to say the hours will be much shorter as a commentator than as a quarterback.

Brady has chosen between spending more time with his family and his need to be before the public and earn lots more money. I have no criticism. FOX executives have every right to make silly decisions. They can see how paying Brady $40M a year will help their bottom line. What a financial vision! FOX isn't a business that I would consider investing in.

Wonder where Alex will be stationed in the booth?

python GIF

Brady has said from the start that he'll retire when he sucks.

This deal will not keep him from playing 3 more years.

He's too competitive to quit football known he has more than enough left in the tank.

If they let him analyze the game in some depth, it will be awesome.

If they expect him to be "entertaining", it will suck.

I do not think Brady has that natural boyish naivity that makes Romo fun to listen to.

If they let him analyze the game in some depth, it will be awesome.
Other than the fact that FOX committed $375M, there is no reason to believe that Brady's analysis would be worth watching. There is more reason to believe that he would add value talking about how to eat and how to stay fit.

Probably makes more in one season than the rest of the Fox broadcasters combined.

I don't think TB will play a down this season.

Thought he was joining Miami as an "owner?"

I'm sure the contract has provisions for termination with and without cause. If he's terrible he won't get $375mm.

I'm sure the contract has provisions for termination with and without cause. If he's terrible he won't get $375mm.
Sure, if he's terrible, he'll probably get $100M (including termination fee) for being terrible for a couple of years.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back