PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady set to break 2 important Manning accomplishments in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t tell if this is sarcasm.

AAFC championships are not NFL championships. Graham has 3 NFL championships, not 7. The level of competition in the AAFC was not the same as the NFL. He does have 7 “professional” championships, but we are talking about the NFL record book.

Starr does not have 7 championships; he has 5. It’s double dipping his SB1 and SB2 championships by giving him NFL Championships and Super Bowls championships both in the same season. He won the NFL Championship (now called the NFCCG) in route to SB1 and SB2. You can’t win two championships in one season or four championships in two seasons, which is what is being done to calculate that Starr total. If you’re going that route then Brady has 15 championships right now (9 AFC, 6 Super Bowl.)

On Paul Brown, tell it to Pro-Football-Reference - 7 Championships https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

On Paul Brown, tell it to Pro-Football-Reference - 7 Championships https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

He was 4/4 in the AAFC and 3/21 in the NFL. They can put whatever they want on their website, but official record books do not count those AAFC titles. I try to be logical about it. Brown/Graham made it to 6 NFL Championships and won 3, or 50% of the time. Had they played in the NFL during the 4 AAFC seasons, I think they win 2/4. So, they should have an adjusted 5 championships each (this is the same as giving them half credit for AAFC titles.). I think that’s fair.

That post is dated 6 years ago.

Since then every Super Bowl has featured either Manning or Brady as a starter. And 4/5 have featured Manning or Brady as the winner.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey