PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Returns to Foxboro on Sunday Night, October 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not beating that Bucs Defense running the ball you need those short quick passes that New Orleans love to use but even then you need a highly accurate QB for that to happen.
Right....Sit or cut Newton and Bring in Mac or Stid

Buccaneers had the #1 ranked run defense the last two seasons and the gap between them and #2 each year was sizable.

Newton will need to win the game with his arm because the Patriots aren’t going to show up and run all over them like some people think.
Pats are in trouble if Newton is in there and has to beat Tampa with his arm, reading defense skill, and decision making abilities

I hope he throws three picks like he did against the Packers...the greatest Qb of all time. A half dozen Qbs could have won a SB with that team last year.
Sorry this is an asinine statement....are you a Jete fan?!

New England is a running team.
We honestly don’t know WHAT kind of team they will be this year....Run heavy? Pass heavy? Balanced?! Too early to determine this

I'd also say that to expect the Bucs to be the same team as last year, even with the same players is asking a lot.

Ya they’ll be better with better health, an off season, year 2 for Brady in that offense, the young secondary getting more reps, and more importantly AB being on an nfl field from the jump

I already thought there was a solid chance Mac is a healthy scratch for the first month or so but this makes me think there is even less chance he starts early on unless he really lights it up in camp. I can't imagine they want to subject a rookie QB to the amount of hype and craziness that will surely surround this game especially this early in his career. I am also nervous that if we are off to a slow start, 0-3, 1-3, whatever it is when we play Tampa that game could be a deathblow to the season. Get our doors blown in on national TV with all the talking heads buzzing about Brady's return. Obviously all of this is a long way off and a million things could change between now and then but I am already anxious about Tom's return.

better not be no damn 1-3 or 0-3 going into that game. Sweet Jesus

Belichick is pretty aware of external narratives and pundit talking points. Belichick will give Tom Brady a bear hug and 2 fist bumps on the field. Brady is a master at the smiley fake sh-t so will also be very friendly. But it will likely be genuine because he is typically good about being appreciative and realizing what Belichick did for his career too.

There is mutual respect there even though they had their issues and differences at the end....

In the first half of the Bucs first game against KC they played a single high safety against Mahomes and got torched by Hill for 200+ yards. they abandoned that look in the second half and their defense was much better the rest of the game. The Mahomes/Hill combo just kills a single high safety.
That ass whuppin' was the best thing to happen to TB.

Are you intentionally trying to do this?

I'm comparing the effectiveness of Tampa's run defense to the effectiveness of Minnesota's run defense and using the Wiliams brothers to clarify which Minnesota defense I'm referring to. Why on earth would I compare the Williams brothers to Suh and White (totally different position)?

Is it an inside joke or something with Team Bill like yourself in trying to dishonestly twist and mangle every statement in order to get the last word?

The Bucs thread is the only football discussion thread right now that isn't filled with this crap. I suspected trying to sensibly talk football here would be a mistake.

I'll leave and let you continue with your analysis that you supposedly watched a lot of Bucs football last year and concluded that Devin White is a liability, you can run on Suh, you might be able to run on Vea, and that the Patriots need to run against them because "they are a run team." :rolleyes:

Fck the quality of this board has deteriorated.
You read it right the first time.

You mentioned Minnesota and the Ray Lewis Baltimore Ds. This one is not in the same league.

Vita Vea is great--I acknowledged that from the beginning. I have entirely other feelings about their other two big run stoppers, Suh and White. Yes, I am not a big White fan. It's true. I'd never put him in the same breath as the other run stoppers being mentioned here.

The Patriots are a running team, BTW.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should not be commenting about the deteriorating quality of this board.

Ya they’ll be better with better health, an off season, year 2 for Brady in that offense, the young secondary getting more reps, and more importantly AB being on an nfl field from the jump
It'll be hard for them to be healthier than last year. At the end, who were they missing? OJ Howard?

We see this a lot in the NFL (at least, my eyes tell me that), where teams have some injuries early, but then people get healthy and with fresh legs, make the great ending run. The Bucs peaked at exactly the right time last year, while some other teams (KC) were taking it on the chin.

Funny how some people who say you can’t blame Cam and the Patriots for sucking because he was new and had no offseason and no preseason etc but somehow hold that exact same disruption against Brady and the Bucs since they weren’t great for most of the season.

The Bucs didn’t “peak”, they figured out their crap and finally played up to their potential.

Touché ...I did say what If. but too be fair those werent his best quarters last year. And his worst quarters were better than Stidham
I'd like to see how well Cam would do coming into the fourth quarter of a blowout, not having practiced with the first team offense.

Considering it's early in the season, I hope it's Cam and not Mac. Unless Mac comes into camp and absolutely dominates, forcing his way into the starter role with no questions, I'm not sure you want a rookie facing off against Brady (and the LEGACY of Brady) on a night when the crowd is going to be cheering for the opposing QB close to as much as they are their own QB. Let the kid make his debut after Cam has taken that bullet.

Or let the kid and the legend go at it. The only reason the kid would start is if he beat out the other two. And if he can't handle this, which I think he could, he isn't worth starting anyway.

Don't worry about the Brady game and let's see what he's got.

My forecast is that it will be one of Brady's toughest games win or lose.

I don't think the Bucs will pick up where they left off. I also think our improved D will make it difficult for Brady.
I also have a premonition that he's going to go out like he began - with a big injury. Not saying it will happen in this game, or even this year.
But it seems destined to end that way.

I don't think the Bucs will pick up where they left off. I also think our improved D will make it difficult for Brady.
I also have a premonition that he's going to go out like he began - with a big injury. Not saying it will happen in this game, or even this year.
But it seems destined to end that way.
I think we will see BB come out with a insane game plan that frustrates and derails Tom.
Something so crazy the rules are changed so it can never happen to Tom again.

BB knows how to beat Brady.

Tampa is going to lose. BB wont let that big doofus Gronk get the better of him and then have to listen to the never ending BS afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back