PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Returns to Foxboro on Sunday Night, October 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we win is a 52-49 shootout. I am nervous he comes in here and destroys us.

I kinda wished it was a bit later in the season, when there was is a *slight chance* Mac plays.
If the bucs pass rush is anything like it was at the end of the postseason, I don't. Jones doesn't need that abuse to start his career.

I doubt Bill puts Mac in for this game given how early in the season it is. Will be a great test for our defense early. If we can at least slow down the Bucs that will be something to build on for the season.

I kinda hope that if it’s Cam playing, they make him looks so bad that we can see Jones play for the rest of the season. If this scenario occurs it would be a win for us.

I kinda hope that if it’s Cam playing, they make him looks so bad that we can see Jones play for the rest of the season. If this scenario occurs it would be a win for us.
No desire to see a 8-20 85 yard 3 INT, 4 sack game from the Pats QB. Ideally Cam is on the bench permanently starting in week 1. Give the kid a building year and time to get up to NFL speed.

Considering it's early in the season, I hope it's Cam and not Mac. Unless Mac comes into camp and absolutely dominates, forcing his way into the starter role with no questions, I'm not sure you want a rookie facing off against Brady (and the LEGACY of Brady) on a night when the crowd is going to be cheering for the opposing QB close to as much as they are their own QB. Let the kid make his debut after Cam has taken that bullet.

No desire to see a 8-20 85 yard 3 INT, 4 sack game from the Pats QB. Ideally Cam is on the bench permanently starting in week 1. Give the kid a building year and time to get up to NFL speed.
I hope so

the game is a win for me if BB walks on Tampas side line and punches Arians in the mouth
599gx6.gif

From an early gameplan perspective: When healthy, the Pats defense matches up fairly well against Tampa. We've got the DB's to hang with their WRs at least. I expect Dugger to improve in year 2, but TE's will still be the biggest problem. BB knows how to defend Brady, it will just be a matter of do they have the horses and are they gelled enough to compete for 60 minutes by week 4. Also, I can't imagine a non-super bowl game that Brady will be more motivated for. I'm calling a loss as of today, but it being at home I think they can keep it close (and pull out a win with a few lucky bounces).

Bill will get no sleep the week of this game and neither will Tom the game is a win for me if BB walks on Tampas side line and punches Arians in the mouth I really dislike him.
I want Arians to show up with his sleeves cut off. LOL

Florio thinks the Bucs will be -3.5 favorites in this one. That's easy money taking the favorites and laying the points. I'd take the Bucs here at -13.5 too. Feels like a mismatch here. And you know they will want to win this one for Brady and Brady has no intention of letting off the gas.

Can't see how the Pats compete here unless there are key injuries on the Bucs side, and the offense looks good - and that would be with Mac not Cam starting - and the defense shows a lot early on. Which would be out of character for a BB team early in the season.

Tampa's weaknesses are the secondary and the o-line. Those units were good enough to win the SB last year but nothing to write home about. If Cam improves, it's a game that NE can win.

Tampa's weaknesses are the secondary and the o-line. Those units were good enough to win the SB last year but nothing to write home about. If Cam improves, it's a game that NE can win.

Are you talking more their team weaknesses before Brady joined? Because they drafted Wirfs who is a top10 tackle and Winfield, basically solidified both areas last year which is how they went on a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes