PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Returns to Foxboro on Sunday Night, October 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the Patriots win 31 to 0 and Brady throws 5 picks.

Tampa's weaknesses are the secondary and the o-line. Those units were good enough to win the SB last year but nothing to write home about. If Cam improves, it's a game that NE can win.

The only time the line was a weakness was when they lost Cappa and decided to keep going deep. The secondary as well was missing there best corner they will put the clamps on guys like Aghlor

Seriously, don't compare Suh and White to those players. Night and day difference. White is not nearly in that echelon.

Are you intentionally trying to do this?

I'm comparing the effectiveness of Tampa's run defense to the effectiveness of Minnesota's run defense and using the Wiliams brothers to clarify which Minnesota defense I'm referring to. Why on earth would I compare the Williams brothers to Suh and White (totally different position)?

Is it an inside joke or something with Team Bill like yourself in trying to dishonestly twist and mangle every statement in order to get the last word?

The Bucs thread is the only football discussion thread right now that isn't filled with this crap. I suspected trying to sensibly talk football here would be a mistake.

I'll leave and let you continue with your analysis that you supposedly watched a lot of Bucs football last year and concluded that Devin White is a liability, you can run on Suh, you might be able to run on Vea, and that the Patriots need to run against them because "they are a run team." :rolleyes:

Fck the quality of this board has deteriorated.

The only time the line was a weakness was when they lost Cappa and decided to keep going deep. The secondary as well was missing there best corner they will put the clamps on guys like Aghlor

we’re not talking about a bunch of pro-bowlers :rolleyes:

You sound like other teams fans when they used to lose big games to the Pats early in the dynasty. If only... yeah but... if this, if that... shoulda coulda woulda....

lit
It's a historically dominant run defense with Vea and a very good run defense without him.

The linebackers, David and White, are really the straw that stirs the drink up front. They are so fast and you can't expoit them in the passing game either.

The Bucs secondary - IMO - still a fairly big weakness and one they were lucky to avoid getting exposed last year because the front 7 (or front 6 on many snaps) took care of teams passing threat on its own. I think the Bucs might regret not aggressively trading for a stud cornerback, as I thnk that's the only missing piece to them becoming a truly consistent and dominant defense.

Agreed however what CB was available? And they believe in Davis, Dean, SMB which they should they did bad in the first half of the KC game but that was on coaching.

AGAIN

Do you have any comprehension on what an achievement it is to go 7-9 with the QB having 40 something turnovers?

COMPREHEND MANNING'S FIRST TWO YEARS AS REFERENCE.

In 2019, what is their record if Winston throws 16-18 picks and 4-6 fumbles?.....better than 11-5.

What Tampa needed was quality QB play. They got it. As has been said numerous times, he was very smart to go there.

Don't make it out as some herculean task on par with the Panama Canal, D-Day, and Apollo....otherwise you wind up like that idiot posting here wetting his Depends.
LOL.... Nothing like people making up complete crap out of thin air and then talking down to the people who use facts and stats to support their argument...

lit

Agreed however what CB was available? And they believe in Davis, Dean, SMB which they should they did bad in the first half of the KC game but that was on coaching.

Yeah, you're right...there typically aren't a lot of options. I heard Gilmore is available though? Seems like that would be worth #32 overall if they could afford the salary (and could have afforded to take it on if they'd passed on Godwin or Barrett.)

I hope he throws three picks like he did against the Packers...the greatest Qb of all time. A half dozen Qbs could have won a SB with that team last year.
I watched a lot of them last year. Devin White can be exploited. I'll stick to that. He overpursues. Belichick effectively know how to use counters to kill LBs like that. But again, Vea is the key. I think we can run on the Bucs.

Even removing Vea the rest of that line is very good vs the run than add in the linebackers. There no chance of running on them especially when the QB threatening the pass game is Cam or Jones with mediocre WR’s

Will Brady and Belichick embrace? That’s the real question.

Belichick is pretty aware of external narratives and pundit talking points. Belichick will give Tom Brady a bear hug and 2 fist bumps on the field. Brady is a master at the smiley fake sh-t so will also be very friendly. But it will likely be genuine because he is typically good about being appreciative and realizing what Belichick did for his career too.

Hope the Patriots win 31 to 0 and Brady throws 5 picks.

It's interesting because Tampa's best move is run a lot, as our passing defense is good. And our best move is to pass and avoid their elite defensive Front7. This could range from Boston going into total meltdown if Cam throws 3 picks all the way to euphoria mayhem if Mac outduels Tom Brady.

I'd also say that to expect the Bucs to be the same team as last year, even with the same players is asking a lot.

Who's willing to come up with the 1500 dollars Bertram reported today is what a ticket to the game is already costing?

Yes I am sure the 2 quarters of good football are what we should expect and not the other 62 quarters of football we saw all year.
Touché ...I did say what If. but too be fair those werent his best quarters last year. And his worst quarters were better than Stidham

I'd also say that to expect the Bucs to be the same team as last year, even with the same players is asking a lot.
They weren't exactly world beaters last year for most of the season. They were a very pedestrian 7-5 heading into their bye week and got hot at the right time. IMHO somewhat reminiscent of the '18 Pats.

Is it an inside joke or something with Team Bill like yourself in trying to dishonestly twist and mangle every statement in order to get the last word?

Fck the quality of this board has deteriorated.

Mhm.

"Team Bill"

Look in the mirror.

lit

In the first half of the Bucs first game against KC they played a single high safety against Mahomes and got torched by Hill for 200+ yards. they abandoned that look in the second half and their defense was much better the rest of the game. The Mahomes/Hill combo just kills a single high safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back