PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady posts thank you video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom mentally left a year ago.
He's been acting like a diva ever since. I don't know what it happened but Tom went from the Goat to a a guy who keeps acting like he needs to prove something, and by forcing that mentality his play suffered, and his leadership suffered.

Who would have thought that an undefeated QB would be complaining after a game about how bad their team is.

Who would have imagined a guy who played an entire season with #1 and #2 wides of kembrell thompson and ************ i can't even remember the other dudes name dobson? would throw his teammates under the bus in 2019?

Brady is less about team now, and more about personal stats and his business.

He's Lebroning real ****ing hard right now, and I'm not into it.

Lots of salt here. LOL. Brady is saying thank you to the fans. Not sure why all the vitriol.

I do think he will miss a MA fanbase that absolutely idolized him for all he brought here. I can't imagine Tampa coming close to that for him.

I agree but it puzzles me why anyone has hard feelings at all.

Just because he left? Because he was tired with Belichick after 20 years? I don’t see what crime he committed to receive any vitriol from any Patriots fan anywhere...ever. Some people act like he backstabbed us.

I don't get it at all either. But then, I don't buy the BSPN line that BB wanted Brady to stay. I'm of the belief that BB was ready to move on, and that was that...so definitely no reason to be mad at TFB. But that's just me...

I think he's going overboard with the goodbyes because he wants to make absolutely sure he doesn't come off as unsentimental to the fans.

Plus he's cooped up in his house like the rest of us and has too much time on his hands.

For the thirty years following Brady's Tampa gig, his celebrity will still be defined and connected to his time in New England. I presume he doesn't want to spoil any relations or impressions of him in New England. In a few years he'll be back to unveil a statue or something and will wave adoringly to a massive crowd of Patriot fans.

They are trashing him because he’s the one who isn’t here. This is like having a sibling who marries and awesome person that the family loves and then 20 years later your sibling acts like they are over them and gives them the hint that the relationship is on ice. So they are mature and just let it end. Then you and the family act petty and jilted because she didn’t put up with your siblings bad behavior more and grovel to stay.

Brady signed a two year 25 million dollar deal heavily laced with incentives. That’s not an absurd contract for an above average starter in this league much less Brady who was the only decent thing we had on offense. The front office didn’t do the bare minimum to keep it reasonable and someone else was more than willing to on top of a much better situation.

The team moved on and Tom took the hint and didn’t debase himself by taking much less then he deserved to stink around

Nice post. It's especially nice after spending time on the PoFo, aka the virus threads. Thanks.

I'm not sure what went on contractually. I can only give my opinion about it. My feeling is that the Pats could have come up with a way for it to work but didn't want to do that. And that's fine. But that doesn't mean that we have to forget everything he did here, especially after just a short time.

There's a very long list of players who moved on in the past, from Big Sey to Gronk and many in between. And none of those players spent 20 years here and had fans tell those players to get lost

I also get the feeling that the people making the most noise are the Belichick disciples. I've seen their displeasure with Brady for not thanking Belichick, which I think he already did. But even if he didn't mention BB and is bitter, so what? I don't recall BB thanking him either.

Last edited:
For the thirty years following Brady's Tampa gig, his celebrity will still be defined and connected to his time in New England. I presume he doesn't want to spoil any relations or impressions of him in New England. In a few years he'll be back to unveil a statue or something and will wave adoringly to a massive crowd of Patriot fans.
Exactly. Why wouldn’t he always aim to be on good terms with a team he will be connected to the rest of his life? When he goes in the Pats HOF, when his jersey is retired, when they have a Tom Brady night. When there is a big Pats game and he is trotted out for it. When they honor all the SB teams every so often. When a statue of revealed. Why wouldn’t he constantly foster good relations?

I don't get it at all either. But then, I don't buy the BSPN line that BB wanted Brady to stay. I'm of the belief that BB was ready to move on, and that was that...so definitely no reason to be mad at TFB. But that's just me...
Yeah I mean there were tons of differing reports. And the general vibe was that they were both a little tired of each other. The Guerrero stuff, the year by year prove it deals. I always thought Bill was okay with moving on from Brady. Who knows the real truth. I think Brady was frustrated by all that and personnel decisions especially this past season.

I don’t think it was unreasonable to be bugged by all of that. People act like he was a whiny baby who shouldn’t have any grievances at all.

No they didn’t, and they are in for a rude awakening when Brady’s getting highlights on a stacked offense all year while the Pats are irrelevant for a bridge season

Of course that doesn’t mean that irrelevancy wouldn’t have happened anyway if Brady had stayed. Offense was kinda dreadful in 2019 even with him here.

Last edited:

I've posted this before, but I think it was mutual. I think BB would have had him back if Tom really wanted to come back on a reduced deal at the end of the day, but I would be shocked if they didn't have a frank conversation with BB telling Brady about where he expects the state of the team to be this season. Rebuilding. They've missed badly early on in the draft since 2014 and that has caused the core to age while loading the cap because they have had to bring in and overpay veterans to fill those holes when the younger guys didn't pan out. Brady wants to win 1-2 more in his last two seasons and was not going to do that on the Patriots (at least in 2020).

I am still amazed that BB had him as QB all the way to age 42. I really have no ill feelings toward BB or Brady. The split was mutual and not ugly at all especially if you compare to Montana or Manning.

Love Tom, but the lack of a 'thank you' for Belichick is petty bullsh*t ... precisely the reason this 'thank you/going away' content should be avoided so soon after the move.

To not thank the guy who built teams that helped you win 6 Super Bowls -- 6 Super Bowls that you could not have won on your own -- is unbelievable. Literally unbelievable, in the true sense of the word.

Send out a general written 'thank you' to the organization, Kraft, Belichick, teammates, fans, and leave it at that. Save the rest for 5 years from now when you retire a Patriot.
Agreed! His behavior seems at odds with his old demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft