PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady post game presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know who is to blame about us cutting Gordon, the guy is much better than what we are fielding these days. Seattle got a steal with Josh Gordon, this is such a....shame.
We are shooting ourselves in the foot every single week.

Why change a good thing?
We went from a team with one of the best receiving cores to pretty much everyone being a JAG.

Kraft has lost his mind, and BB keeps his same self every week. We keep talking about improving but for the past month we have gone backwards each and every game.

Amazing how every 2/3 comments on that stream were about AB. It's not just this forum.

Everyone knows that AB is a difference maker when on the field, he showed us what a playmaker he was for the one week he was here, at worst he can teach the young guys how to run routes and catch the ball.

I don’t know who is to blame about us cutting Gordon, the guy is much better than what we are fielding these days. Seattle got a steal with Josh Gordon, this is such a....shame.
We are shooting ourselves in the foot every single week.

Why change a good thing?
We went from a team with one of the best receiving cores to pretty much everyone being a JAG.

Kraft has lost his mind, and BB keeps his same self every week. We keep talking about improving but for the past month we have gone backwards each and every game.

Dude Gordon was awful this season. He was slow and couldnt get any separation. He really isnt an upgrade over anyone that we have. The offense has been struggling since the Miami game. Now if we still had AB we definitely shouldve kept him because he would have way more oppurtunities to get open.

Dude Gordon was awful this season. He was slow and couldnt get any separation. He really isnt an upgrade over anyone that we have. The offense has been struggling since the Miami game. Now if we still had AB we definitely shouldve kept him because he would have way more oppurtunities to get open.

At least Gordon could make catches in traffic and win contested balls. He wasn’t hot stuff but he’s better than everyone but 11.

As I have said many many times on here.

We will go as the offensive line goes. A couple things:

1) The offensive line needs a visit from Logan Mankins and they need to catch a nasty aggressive confident attitude. Bring the fight. Bring the fight

2) Like it or not I am still in the get AB camp...I suspect it will not happen but that dude will get open. Bring the double off of Jules and you'll see some metriculation.

3) Are they saving the seam routes for the playoffs? We have TE's that can run those.

4) To alleviate the rush I have always like the screen.

5) I did not stay at a Holiday Inn in last night

Like it or not I am still in the get AB camp...I suspect it will not happen but that dude will get open. Bring the double off of Jules and you'll see some metriculation.

I guess this is round number 1337.. but here we go again..

So you sign AB, clear a roster spot and he is send to the exempt list somewhere between an hour and a day later.

You lost another couple 100k in cap space, lost depth at WR because someone had to be cut or send to IR and gained a player who might or might not get suspended anyhow at some point.

Now what ?

The crowd that keeps saying "lol just sign AB" just keeps ignoring the most likely scenario playing out and pretends like the only thing that stands between AB being on the field in a Pats uniform is Kraft's ego.

Give some kind of evidence that AB actually ends up playing and not just exempt/suspended and a lot more people would join you on that bandwagon.

Run the F'ing ball more, Josh...
YES

I think if the score was tighter they would have.

Michel is running much better. Only 10 carries is a shame.

Still trying to understand cutting Gordon and Damaryus Thomas this year. Thomas I sort of get, but Gordon is just inexplicable he stretched out the field some at least.

Gordon has a total of 3 receptions since leaving the Patriots.

DT is actually producing more on the Jets even though he looks old and busted, but that's not saying much.

LEARN THE GAME people
After Sony's early success running, the Texans who are not morons, adjusted and put an additional player at the LOS. They were able to do this and bring down the safeties a bit closer because the 2019 Pats offense with Jules double teamed posed no consistent deep threat to their decent coverage guys.

I guess this is round number 1337.. but here we go again..

So you sign AB, clear a roster spot and he is send to the exempt list somewhere between an hour and a day later.

You lost another couple 100k in cap space, lost depth at WR because someone had to be cut or send to IR and gained a player who might or might not get suspended anyhow at some point.

Now what ?

The crowd that keeps saying "lol just sign AB" just keeps ignoring the most likely scenario playing out and pretends like the only thing that stands between AB being on the field in a Pats uniform is Kraft's ego.

Give some kind of evidence that AB actually ends up playing and not just exempt/suspended and a lot more people would join you on that bandwagon.

You're calling something the "most likely scenario" based upon no hard information. You're then demanding that others provide evidence that can't possibly be provided, precisely because there's no hard information.

Sony had 37 yards and 5.1 ypc in the first quarter. We then proceeded to not use Sony the rest of the game. Josh is outsmarting himself. He doesn't want defenses to know Sony = run and James White = pass. So he does things backwards. He tries to run White too much and wastes plays trying to throw to Sony. But in either case with Wynn back we should be RUNNING the ball a lot more.

Because we got down and he is completely useless in the passing game.

If this team could actually get any kind of real lead sometime soon, I think we’ll all be happy with what we see on both sides of the ball.

Yep, playing from behind this team is not built for that with the type of players we have on offense.

Still trying to understand cutting Gordon and Damaryus Thomas this year. Thomas I sort of get, but Gordon is just inexplicable he stretched out the field some at least.
Gordon wasn't doing crap...out of shape and slow

Gordon wasn't doing crap...out of shape and slow

So you think it was better to just not have him? Just not seeing it but I may well be wrong. I sure hope I'm wrong.

true, no hurry up, 6 minute drive on one of those last series.
How are they supposed to go hurry up with two rookies that are still confused over option routes? FFS, one of them didn’t even understand that the “gun” signal means “go.” As in hook and go, which is what Brady wanted. On no planet does that signal mean comeback.

true, no hurry up, 6 minute drive on one of those last series.

of all the things happening in that game, this is the one that pisses me off. It was almost as if they'd given up (Patriots never give up. Bolden can jump 3 inches higher and we may pull the game out). BB, JM, TB, the WRs, the OL, the D EVERYONE gets blame for the overall loss. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who couldn't have made a better decision or made the play better. But down 3 scores with 6 minutes to go and you are huddling and taking 30 seconds per play. That is coaching. And that is a low hanging fruit item that any HC not even within a whiff of BB would know better on.
That one still perplexes me (next in line is Brady's letting the clock run out on the 2 point play. Based on the situation, even with bad play call against the D lineup, you have to risk it/punch it. And with your 4th kicker on the sidelines moving it back 5 yards? Another low hanging fruit mental mistake).

The offense has been struggling since the Miami game.
So, pretty much the entire season then considering that was week 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes