PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady post game presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they supposed to go hurry up with two rookies that are still confused over option routes? FFS, one of them didn’t even understand that the “gun” signal means “go.” As in hook and go, which is what Brady wanted. On no planet does that signal mean comeback.

??? Because you literally have no other option, you need quick scores, it has to be risked? And if they can't then how come they did hurry up and scored a TD on the next series?

??? Because you literally have no other option, you need quick scores, it has to be risked? And if they can't then how come they did hurry up and scored a TD on the next series?
Harry was not on the field and I don’t believe they went hurry up there. I may be wrong, though.

Brady missed practice last week with an illness, he sounded like crap in the presser. I'm going to give the team a pass this week. I have every reason to believe they will be way more focused during this last quarter of season.

Right. Didn’t run a hurry up and agree with Kontra, they just dont have the personal to do it at this point.

if thats the case then josh needs to find other ways to move the chains. cUz what he’s doing, ain’t working. Next man up ran out of bodies.

All these clowns in the media think brady’s hitting a cliff with the exception of stephen a smith. Heck even the announcers said it last night that brady has no one to throw it to. Again it’s gonna take a monumental effort from these wideouts to be on the same page as the QB.

Harry was not on the field and I don’t believe they went hurry up there. I may be wrong, though.

2 TDs in the 4th quarter for the Patriots.
13 plays, 75 yards, 6m 11 secs
6 plays, 94 yards, 1m 46 secs

On the 5 play drive here are the first two plays:
  • 1st & 10 at NE 6
    (2:36 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.White up the middle to NE 21 for 15 yards (J.Reid).

• 1st & 10 at NE 21
    (2:16 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.White up the middle to NE 18 for -3 yards (C.Omenihu).
That's 20 seconds between plays on a pretty big gain (12 seconds between White being tackled and the ball being snapped?). Another 2 successive plays from that drive:
  • 3rd & 13 at NE 18
    (1:52 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass deep left to J.Meyers to NE 39 for 21 yards (L.Johnson).

• 1st & 10 at NE 39
    (1:27 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to J.White pushed ob at NE 46 for 7 yards (V.Hargreaves). PENALTY on HST-Z.Cunningham, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at NE 39 - No Play.
40 yards down the field and that took 25 seconds off the clock(15 seconds from tackle to ball snap?).
Maybe that's not hurry up or whatever, what it was, though, is specifically trying to conserve clock. They did it on the second TD drive, they didn't do it on the first drive. Here is the first two plays from the first drive:
  • 1st & 10 at NE 25
    (9:53 - 4th) J.White right guard to NE 26 for 1 yard (B.McKinney).

• 2nd & 9 at NE 26
    (9:09 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to J.Edelman to NE 38 for 12 yards (V.Hargreaves).
1 yard gain and they took 44 seconds! (next play 38 secs, next play 44 secs, neither big gains). No offense brother but I don't want to hear Harry or personnel or whatever. NO EXCUSE for pissing away clock time when you are down 3 scores with under a half a quarter left. It had to be pushed! The house was on fire, the front door is an inferno. I don't care that all you know is using the front door, it's time to learn, OTJ, to jump out the friggin window! And that pissing away of clock potentially cost them a shot at the improbably comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes