PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady named to NFL 100 All-Time team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'm not talking to 99% of you, am I?

Also this statement:

"You're taking an opinion about a top 10 greatest ever discussion and translating it into an anti-Brees discussion which is oxymoronic."

is incorrect - the same little *********** on this board arises whenever Brees does something of note. Like I said before, I'm not making it up, you can go find all the posts, pathetic as they are.

So you came here to put those who put Brees in a top twelve list bin their place?

So you came here to put those who put Brees in a top twelve list bin their place?

It ain't about that, hoss.

Go look at the previous threads and you'll begin to see it, if you really want to understand what I'm talking about. If you do, I am pretty sure you will realize how stupid these people are being (plenty other Pats fans did that night so you won't be alone by a long shot).

I need to be done with this for the night now, but good luck Sunday.

People have total amnesia about the Carolina Super Bowl. Brady put up the second greatest performance (at the time) in Super Bowl history in that game. Threw for 350+ yards. It was a crazy explosion from him.
Easily one of his best performances ever. And you're 100% right people always overlook it. Great game from start to finish. 2 missed kicks by Adam. Vrabel had a great game if I'm not mistaken.

People really forget. Brady was active & mobile that game. Pocket movement, rolling out on rhythm. Feel like watching it now.

There are definately guys here that criticize Brees for having played in a dome and being a stats hog. So what. I'm sure there are Saints fans that criticize Brady for having played with good Ds and the GOAT Coach or whatever.

Brees appears to be taking Mannings place in these debates to a degree except for Manning was despised by most, whereas Brees is not.

Maybe we need a Brady-Brees SB to settle this. I'd rather see that than a Jackson-Jimmy G one.

I don't give a crap what History Boy thinks, and a sphincter, by definition, cannot be tied into a knot.

What I can't figure out is why you keep defending these tools, because it doesn't even seem like you agree with them all that much.

Because I don't believe Brees belongs in the top ten all time list. He does belong in the first ballot HOF list. He does belong in my favorite QB list. But he is not, unfortunately, on my top ten all time list.

Have to think that leaving Starr and Bradshaw off reflected that there teams O's were built around the running game. I was surprised by Farve and Marino.

Unitas in many ways was the prototype of the Modern QB, even over Graham, Saw Unitas play never saw Graham play.
Unitas was so good. So tough, I think toughness/durability is so underrated, esp for that position. You're right he really had it all, ahead of his time in so many ways.

I don't give a crap what History Boy thinks, and a sphincter, by definition, cannot be tied into a knot.

What I can't figure out is why you keep defending these tools, because it doesn't even seem like you agree with them all that much.

You don’t care what I (“history boy”) think, but you’ve come on here to specifically state numerous times that you greatly care about what I think.

Top 10 quarterbacks of the decade

Florio references the omission of Brees and Rodgers, but his own list of best QBs of the 2010s today had Brees at #4. That’s where I have him too. Have him somewhere in the 15-ish area all-time. Post-merger he’s probably top 10. I don’t think The Brees Cult is aware of what the merger is, or nature of cumulative passing records, which are by default owned by the guy with the most passing attempts in the most recent era. Brees has roughly a .600 winning pct and almost .500 on the road.

So yes, I am annoyed by the massive knee jerk “I know everything because I watched football for the last two weeks” mentality of the sports world. All-Time means All-Time.

When we needed it most we went back to Hoss & just killed them (LAR) with it over & over. That pass to Gronk was legit. Shows off the difference between touch, placement & accuracy.

So good

When we needed it most we went back to Hoss & just killed them (LAR) with it over & over. That pass to Gronk was legit. Shows off the difference between touch, placement & accuracy.

Splitting out Develin post-formation forced the Rams to defend Hoss out of a base defense and not nickel, which was the winning chess move for that TD drive.

Brady’s signature play was also my favorite of all-time! The TD to Branch in the 2005-05 AFCCG.

Context is important there. This was a revenge game after the Steelers beat them on Thanksgiving, and in the process, were incredibly disrespectful in talking about the Patriots record winning streak they had just snapped. Just really arrogant jerks led by Joey Porter; basically talked about how they were so big and bad and scary and the Pats crapped their pants. In reality the Pats had to lose sometime, that was a 15-1 Steelers team on the road, and the Pats suffered several major injuries early on in that game.

And Brady had a 103 fever too.

We interrupt this thread to show Brees family once again crying in the owners suite while Drew gets handed a laminated certificate of achievement and gets an awkward hug from Sean Payton.

LOL Drew Brees can't scratch his ass without 14 people rushing to patsfans.com to declare how Brady could scratch it better

You'd think people who had watched their team win 6 championships over the last few years would have a little better perspective

So, so insecure

No. Its partly the truth. Plus and to no fault of his own...plays 9 a year in a dome. Fact.

I'm putting Brees over Manning If he wins his second ring, IMO

Hard to believe what I'm reading. Brees over Graham. Brees over Marino? Really?

Think of these stats. Marino played in an era of tough football, where QBs were regularly clocked, and WRs were grabbed, and the DBs were head hunters.

In his second year in the league, at the age of 23, Marino threw for 5000+ yards, 48 TDs, 17 INTs, in what was probably the greatest regular season for a QB in NFL history.

It was so far above the seasons of other QBs in that era that you can't even compare it. It's certainly more impressive than what Mahomes did at the same age.

Splitting out Develin post-formation forced the Rams to defend Hoss out of a base defense and not nickel, which was the winning chess move for that TD drive.

Brady’s signature play was also my favorite of all-time! The TD to Branch in the 2005-05 AFCCG.

Context is important there. This was a revenge game after the Steelers beat them on Thanksgiving, and in the process, were incredibly disrespectful in talking about the Patriots record winning streak they had just snapped. Just really arrogant jerks led by Joey Porter; basically talked about how they were so big and bad and scary and the Pats crapped their pants. In reality the Pats had to lose sometime, that was a 15-1 Steelers team on the road, and the Pats suffered several major injuries early on in that game.

And Brady had a 103 fever too.
No the big move was going 22 knowing it would free up Gronk/11 with 2 RBs on the field. That put LBs on both which was a killer after LAR wanted to follow 11 around with Peters.

We should have split Dev out more though early on.

So, the QBs were:

• Brady
  • Montana
  • P. Manning
  • Graham
  • Favre
  • Marino
  • Unitas
  • Baugh
  • Staubach
  • Elway

So Starr was a huge snub, and Young was another who got hosed. Putting Marino, Favre, Manning and Elway ahead of Starr is embarrassingly poor selecting.

In the end, they put 6 of the top 8 on the list, missed completely on 2 of them, and filled the rest of the ten with 4 of the guys who should have been competing for something more in the range of #9-15

So, the QBs were:

• Brady
  • Montana
  • P. Manning
  • Graham
  • Favre
  • Marino
  • Unitas
  • Baugh
  • Staubach
  • Elway

So Starr was a huge snub, and Young was another who got hosed. Putting Marino, Favre, Manning and Elway ahead of Starr is embarrassingly poor selecting.

In the end, they put 6 of the top 8 on the list, missed completely on 2 of them, and filled the rest of the ten with 4 of the guys who should have been competing for something more in the range of #9-15

No one saw Favre > Starr coming. Very bizarre. I didn’t think Favre was even in contention for the 10th spot. Basically every list in this thread has Starr as a forgone conclusion, ranging anywhere from 4 to 6. I had him at 4. YET the NFL fans tomorrow will demand to know why Brees and Rodgers were “snubs.”

If Favre is replaced with Starr, then I think the list is okay for top 8. Realistically you know Manning is a lock and rated almost universally above Elway, Marino, and Favre.

Bottom two are Elway and Marino. Cases could be made for others there: Young, Bradshaw, Luckman, Layne, Brees. No clue how Favre snuck ahead of these guys either.

BTW, for those wondering why I've so often championed Young and Starr as players who should be on the QB top 10, I submit this to you. Just remember that it came out in 2008, which is before Brady cemented his legacy as the G.O.A.T..

The definitive list: Top 10 NFL quarterbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back