PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady named to NFL 100 All-Time team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say anything bad at all about Tom Brady? Nope.

Did I say anything bad about all Patriots fans? Nope.

As for other message boards, Come get your people, they're making total asses out of the rest of you.
They aren't my people. Every fan base has trolls. I'm not going to judge the rest of Saints fans based on you. Hopefully they won't judge us based on our trolls. But I guess that's what makes it all fun anyways. It's no big deal man. Carry on. Drew Brees #1 man!!!!o_O

Yeah, see here's the deal, if I wasn't referring to you then you have no need to take offense to my comments. So don't worry about it.

I don't let the idiot brigade here (not referring to all Pats fans, just the specific group) ruin my enthusiasm for the Patriots, otherwise I would've stopped visiting this site many years ago.

I thought it was stupid that Otto Graham is on it, considering nobody who voted for the damn thing ever saw him play. Thought it was stupid that Favre was on it and Brees was not, considering Brees is clearly the better QB. More or less feel the same way about Marino.

He was unanimously selected. It was “stupid” because you are ignorant of history, as are others who think Brees is in the GOAT discussion and Graham shouldn’t be. You seem really mad that everything’s I’ve been saying and my lists were supported tonight.

Yeah, everybody who witnessed the last five years is getting butthurt over a touchdown record. WTF?

I mean, you can go back and look at the posts, they're all there. Not like I'm just making **** up or whatever.

I liked how they did it and represented many eras. I also didn't like a few of the picks, mostly the GB QBs. Brees is #3 at best in his era though, and even that is up for debate. Some people would have Rodgers there. I wouldn't put him ahead of Manning/Brady in any discussion. These lists are silly though. Clearly Brees is amazing.

He was unanimously selected. It was “stupid” because you are ignorant of history, as are others who think Brees is in the GOAT discussion and Graham shouldn’t be. You seem really mad that everything’s I’ve been saying and my lists were supported tonight.

So everybody who doesn't quite agree with you is "ignorant of history." How very convenient for you. ;)

So everybody who doesn't quite agree with you is "ignorant of history." How very convenient for you. ;)

Calling Graham’s inclusion “stupid” is ignorant of history.

These lists are silly though.

Now there's something we can both definitely agree on, although I would probably go further than "silly" and go for something like "vacuous and a waste of time"

Counting records are largely meaningless. If Brady had five more TDs right now, does that make Brees any less or a QB? Of course not.

It’s annoying, if not insulting, how Saints fans actually declare that Brees is the GOAT or a top 5 all-time QB with ignorance of the statistical norms or each era. Brady and Manning are without a doubt the better QBs of this era. Brees is a really good QB; would be better to just appreciate his greatness rather than tear down better QBs to desperately try to pump him up.
Brees is a lot better in the playoffs than Peyton.

History boy is so respectful of history he lets himself get all bent out of shape and not appreciate the accomplishments of one of the sport's all-time greats because he heard too many people talking about it that one time

I mean, you can go back and look at the posts, they're all there. Not like I'm just making **** up or whatever.

You're taking an opinion about a top 10 greatest ever discussion and translating it into an anti-Brees discussion which is oxymoronic.

The fact is that 99% of the posters here like and respect Brees for the QB he is. Unlike yourself he's a class act for the most part and he defeated P. Manning in the Super Bowl. We are also considered gate Brothers as both of us have seen what Roger can do with an assumption of guilt.

Anyway, take your trollish butthurt stuff somewhere else.

History boy is so respectful of history he lets himself get all bent out of shape and not appreciate the accomplishments of one of the sport's all-time greats because he heard too many people talking about it that one time

So now you’re an all-time great if you’re not one of the 100 best players of the sport?

The fact is that 99% of the posters here like and respect Brees for the QB he is

Then I'm not talking to 99% of you, am I?

Also this statement:

"You're taking an opinion about a top 10 greatest ever discussion and translating it into an anti-Brees discussion which is oxymoronic."

is incorrect - the same little *********** on this board arises whenever Brees does something of note. Like I said before, I'm not making it up, you can go find all the posts, pathetic as they are.

Last edited:

Wow. "History boy" doesn't proclaim breesy boy a top ten all timer and your sphincter gets tied into a knot. Go figure.

I thought it was stupid that Otto Graham is on it, considering nobody who voted for the damn thing ever saw him play. Thought it was stupid that Favre was on it and Brees was not, considering Brees is clearly the better QB. More or less feel the same way about Marino.

But it doesn't ruin my day, I don't give a crap about the NFL and all their ******** nor their "lists". I'm just annoyed by the certain segment of Pats fans who circle the wagons to talk **** every time Drew eats a bowl of cereal or whatever.
That was the debate we were having, whether to include the old guys. I for one thought we should. I think most pats fans respect Brees for the good QB that he is. There is also a certain kindred with Saints for what you'all went through with Goodell. Obviously, since Manning retired, Brees is the only other comparable QB left to Brady. Competition is good. Don't take things so personal. If Pats fail to make it to the dance, I'll be rooting for Saints. Hell I was dying for a Brady-Brees SB last year, but you know NFL.

You are correct though, list is meaningless.

Wow. "History boy" doesn't proclaim breesy boy a top ten all timer and your sphincter gets tied into a knot. Go figure.

I don't give a crap what History Boy thinks, and a sphincter, by definition, cannot be tied into a knot.

What I can't figure out is why you keep defending these tools, because it doesn't even seem like you agree with them all that much.

Seriously, Belichick is sitting there smiling and looking at Brady like a proud Father....I don’t know that I’ve ever seen them interact like that. This is some really great stuff.
I wish we could see more. I've always said Bill runs his team like an elite high school team. All abt the team, having respect for your opponents & discipline that starts at the top. That said he's always the first to point to the players & how important they are. I wish we got to see more of the "you had a great year" stuff , paraphrasing there. It shows a different side of him & you need that balance. Also its really cool just to see what he values & appreciates.

There's a doc coming out all abt Jordan's Bulls. Everyone & their mother is on it from Obama to Jordan himself. A total collective look back. One can only hope we get something like that here. A deep dive behind the scenes into the players/coaches, structure & general philosophy from this run. HBO most likely. What sports/Football fan wouldn't be glued to their TV?

Then I'm not talking to 99% of you, am I?

Also this statement:

"You're taking an opinion about a top 10 greatest ever discussion and translating it into an anti-Brees discussion which is oxymoronic."

is incorrect - the same little *********** on this board arises whenever Brees does something of note. Like I said before, I'm not making it up, you can go find all the posts, pathetic as they are.

So you came here to put those who put Brees in a top twelve list bin their place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down