PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady named to NFL 100 All-Time team

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Brainer.

Watching BB offer up his opinion on TB12? Appointment Viewing.

Not a huge surprise by any stretch...

The surprise would have been if he wasn't named to it.
It would also be a surprise, albeit a pleasant one, if Paidaton didn't take the spot of a more deserving QB.

No Brainer.

Seriously. Already have my DVR queued up to record it.

The surprise would have been if he wasn't named to it.
It would also be a surprise, albeit a pleasant one, if Paidaton didn't take the spot of a more deserving QB.

His legacy diminishes with every passing year, it's kind of amazing. Brady added 2 rings after Peyton retired and Brees has already buried all his regular season volume numbers.

Peyton is making the list...Brees is likely to if not certain. If Rodgers makes it, though, this list is a joke. He would be the most unworthy of the 100 players.

Brady Montana Manning Graham Unitas Starr Brees? maybe ...

and im sure they will find a real old timer or two like Sammy Baugh, Paddy Driscoll or Pard Pierce ... hard to reconcile guys like that though because the records are real spotty ... im sure the nfl historians have access to better materials than we do online at the moment

Here are locks:
Brady
Montana

Graham
Baugh
Unitas

Then pick 5 (expected picks in bold):
starr
bradshaw
staubach
elway

favre
rodgers
marino
manning

But, I wouldn't be shocked if Warren Moon gets in either.

Every position so far on the all-time team has had a very strong bias towards the past. Some positions excluded the 21st century entirely. Peyton was the league figurehead for so long I expect him to make it, but don't be surprised if every other QB who played significant time in the 21st century is snubbed.

His legacy diminishes with every passing year, it's kind of amazing. Brady added 2 rings after Peyton retired and Brees has already buried all his regular season volume numbers.

Paidaton's rep benefited from having his numbers compared to great QBs in the pre Polian era. Somewhere down the road as today's video game numbers keep piling up that '06 demarcation line will become even clearer and Manning's stats will be seen in better perspective.
In the immortal words of the game's greatest coach...

uxmpd.jpg

Last edited:
Lets see....If I'm BB who would I pick to be on the team...

He loves the old timers. Loves Navy. Loves Maryland. Loves old time football. Personal experience plays a lot into it.

In no order....

Brady
Montana
Staubach
Unitas
Graham
Baugh
Elway
Manning
Marino
Starr

Personally i'd put Bradshaw on the list over Marino as I put more emphasis on winning than stats. Marino is the pitty pick

I'm sure Rodgers and Brees will be all pouty....

No Brainer.

Before “Brady was Brady”, BB would heap praise : “no one I’d rather have” type quotes all the time. Brady becomes legendary : outward praise less common.

Brady was a no brainer on that list. BB is still, by far, my fav Patriot ever.

It would be pretty bonkers if Drew Brees didn't make it but I guess you have to include guys like Sammy Baugh who nobody living actually saw play.

OK, here's my guess for the list:

Tom Brady
Joe Montana

Peyton Manning
Warren Moon
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Otto Graham
Sammy Baugh

Everything so far tells me this list is going to skew old as heck.

Brady Montana Manning Graham Unitas Starr Brees? maybe ...

and im sure they will find a real old timer or two like Sammy Baugh, Paddy Driscoll or Pard Pierce ... hard to reconcile guys like that though because the records are real spotty ... im sure the nfl historians have access to better materials than we do online at the moment

Marino over Brees.

They are going to put Elway on there too even though he doesn't deserve it.

Tom Brady
Joe Montana

Peyton Manning
Warren Moon
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Otto Graham
Sammy Baugh

I thought there were only 8 QBs. If so, the last spot will be Marino vs. Staubach, with Staubach getting it, even though Marino was the better QB. Marino, Bradshaw, Aikman and Elway are the first 4 out.

Lets see....If I'm BB who would I pick to be on the team...

He loves the old timers. Loves Navy. Loves Maryland. Loves old time football. Personal experience plays a lot into it.

In no order....

Brady
Montana
Staubach
Unitas
Graham
Baugh
Elway
Manning
Marino
Starr

Personally i'd put Bradshaw on the list over Marino as I put more emphasis on winning than stats. Marino is the pitty pick

I'm sure Rodgers and Brees will be all pouty....

Tom Brady
Joe Montana

Peyton Manning
Warren Moon
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Otto Graham
Sammy Baugh

They keep showing Brees in the intro to the show, so does that mean he’s on it? Do they announce the finalists for QB or just jump right into the list?

My list similar to both of yours, but I’d nix Moon and Elway or at least put them in the lottery.

I think those eight are close to locks.

Brady
Montana
Baugh
Graham
Starr
Unitas
Staubach
Manning

As for the final two, you have at least minimal arguments (as in fanbases of that player think he is deserving) for; bolder most likely choices.

• Aikman (3X champ and dynasty leader; won’t make it but worthy of finalist)
  • Bradshaw (4x SB champ; possibility of making it)
  • Brees (may be in the right place at the right time atop volume leaders)
  • Elway (has a good shot to make list)
  • Favre (I don’t like him but Packers tend to get legacy/tradition votes)
  • Fouts (voted second-team 1980s; member of voting team)
  • Kelly (should be a finalist)
  • Marino (just a real dichotomy on where to rank him; may depend on if this is “ranked choice voting”)
  • Moon (probably won’t get in but deserves a mention; sub-.500)
  • Namath (don’t underestimate the AFL-NFL legitimacy, and his stats were good for his era.)
  • Rodgers (see Favre; don’t like but Packers bias a real thing; really hope this guy doesn’t muck up the list)
  • Tarkenton (he really may surprise people and make it considering the bias/love for this era)
  • Warner (a James Harrison pick 6 away from serious consideration)
  • Wilson (too short a career but a great player)
  • Young (long shot, but he is the guy who really revolutionized the modern dual threat game)
  • Josh Allen (special mention because he threw a 50-yard bomb, as described by billsbills)

They keep showing Brees in the intro to the show, so does that mean he’s on it? Do they announce the finalists for QB or just jump right into the list?

My list similar to both of yours, but I’d nix Moon and Elway or at least put them in the lottery.

I think those eight are close to locks.

Brady
Montana
Baugh
Graham
Starr
Unitas
Staubach
Manning

As for the final two, you have at least minimal arguments (as in fanbases of that player think he is deserving) for; bolder most likely choices.

• Aikman (3X champ and dynasty leader; won’t make it but worthy of finalist)
  • Bradshaw (4x SB champ; possibility of making it)
  • Brees (may be in the right place at the right time atop volume leaders)
  • Elway (has a good shot to make list)
  • Favre (I don’t like him but Packers tend to get legacy/tradition votes)
  • Fouts (voted second-team 1980s; member of voting team)
  • Kelly (should be a finalist)
  • Marino (just a real dichotomy on where to rank him; may depend on if this is “ranked choice voting”)
  • Moon (probably won’t get in but deserves a mention; sub-.500)
  • Namath (don’t underestimate the AFL-NFL legitimacy, and his stats were good for his era.)
  • Rodgers (see Favre; don’t like but Packers bias a real thing; really hope this guy doesn’t muck up the list)
  • Tarkenton (he really may surprise people and make it)
  • Warner (a James Harrison pick 6 away from serious consideration)
  • Wilson (too short a career but a great player)
  • Young (long shot, but he is the guy who really revolutionized the modern dual threat game)
  • Josh Allen (special mention because he threw a 50-yard bomb, as described by billsbills)
I LOL'd at the Josh Allen reference. Well done.

In all seriousness I had forgotten about Steve Young and I shouldn't have. Good call-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes