PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady moves out of his NE Home or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My late Grandfather had a soft spot for the Giants. I called him the night we defeated the Rams @ SB36 and to my surprise he was awake and quite happy. He usually dozed of early. He passed away later that year.
I watched SB42 w/ my dad. When it was over he acted as he always does. Didn't even watch the Lombardi preso. He went home. I asked him why he went home and he didn't stay. He offered a 1/2 ass answer.

He knew it killed me and he didn't want to be around.

Last edited:
I watched SB42 w/ my dad. When it was over he acted as he always does Didn't even watch the Lombardi preso. He went home. I asked him why he went home and he didn't stay. He offered a 1/2 ass answer.

Did any Patriots fan watch Eli and the Giants trophy presentation? I think every television was off about 0.3 seconds after the score came up as final and the payers began storming the field.

Did any Patriots fan watch Eli and the Giants trophy presentation? I think every television was off about 0.3 seconds after the score came up as final and the payers began storming the field.
If I remember I got up after the last play and started putting some dishes in the dishwasher and started picking up. He then got up and told my mom he was ready to hit the road. Said their goodbyes to us and the grandkids and they were gone.

I then took off my Brady jersey, chucked it across the family room, started the dishwasher and went to bed.

My wife's grandparents are buried at Putnam cemetery in Greenwich. She wanted to go visit. TB12 house was on the way to the cemetery so we snapped a pic! 2282.jpeg

If I remember I got up after the last play and started putting some dishes in the dishwasher and started picking up. He then got up and told my mom he was ready to hit the road. Said their goodbyes to us and the grandkids and they were gone.

I then took off my Brady jersey, chucked it across the family room, started the dishwasher and went to bed.

It felt like a living nightmare where you know it's a nightmare but are still sleeping. The next morning I woke up and thought there was an off-chance it didn't really happen. So I went online to check, but within two seconds I turned off my computer.

I took my old dog for a longer than usual walk in the warm California evening.....muttering to myself, "The Patriots Lost The Superbowl" over and over again.....

My dog would pass away 2 years later...I was glad I took her for that long walk.

I watched SB42 w/ my dad. When it was over he acted as he always does. Didn't even watch the Lombardi preso. He went home. I asked him why he went home and he didn't stay. He offered a 1/2 ass answer.

On another more serious note, I hope he is well. :oops:

It felt like a living nightmare where you know it's a nightmare but are still sleeping. The next morning I woke up and thought there was an off-chance it didn't really happen. So I went online to check, but within two seconds I turned off my computer.
I remember being just sad like a pet had died for a solid week. My old man knew how I would react. He knew I needed my space to mourn.:p

On the flip side after SB49 I swear I was giddy for a solid 2 weeks.

Amazing what this team does to people.

I remember being just sad like a pet had died for a solid week. My old man knew how I would react. He knew I needed my space to mourn.:p

On the flip side after SB49 I swear I was giddy for a solid 2 weeks.

Amazing what this team does to people.

Yeah SB49 was amazing. I will never admit this to my wife, but I've never had a moment of ecstasy that even compares to the moment Butler intercepted the ball. I think I could live for 300 years and follow teams in 20 sports and not get another feeling like that. I mean, I've seen the Vinatieri kick with no time left to win their first one, and a 28-3 comeback, and used to be a huge Sox fan seeing them come back from 3-0 (the Johnny Damon grand slam was the most glorious moment in that game), and I'd say the peak excitement of any given moment in those other games were not even 1/10th of where it was on that play.

At the end of SB49 (EDIT: NOT SB49 I meant 42) I shut off the TV. Media blackout. Was staying in Gulf side FL with daughter & grandkids. Arrived at Disney that Monday afternoon traveling with radio OFF. Went to the pool in a calm good mood and what did I see? A bunch a New Yawkiz all wearing Giants SB 49 hats. How the you-know-what did they get them that quickly?

Last edited:
Yeah SB49 was amazing. I will never admit this to my wife, but I've never had a moment of ecstasy that even compares to the moment Butler intercepted the ball. I think I could live for 300 years and follow teams in 20 sports and not get another feeling like that. I mean, I've seen the Vinatieri kick with no time left to win their first one, and a 28-3 comeback, and used to be a huge Sox fan seeing them come back from 3-0 (the Johnny Damon grand slam was the most glorious moment in that game), and I'd say the peak excitement of any given moment in those other games were not even 1/10th of where it was on that play.
For me, what made 49 special was I went to that "dark place" and wham....pure, unfiltered, unbridled sports joy.

4 cracks inside the 5. Thats death 99% vs a team like that Seasquawks but not us. Not that night.

It was just yesterday another poster and I were debating about the pass play. Before I responded I watched it again just to confirm my recollection. I must have watched it 5 more times. Still surreal.

5 years ago? Really???

For me, what made 49 special was I went to that "dark place" and wham....pure, unfiltered, unbridled sports joy.

4 cracks inside the 5. Thats death 99% vs a team like that Seasquawks but not us. Not that night.

It was just yesterday another poster and I were debating about the pass play. Before I responded I watched it again just to confirm my recollection. I must have watched it 5 more times. Still surreal.

5 years ago? Really???

The football gods made up for 42 with 49

I remember at the end of 49 I had to switched to gin anticipating some depression. When they threw the ball I stood up and screamed something like "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR THROWING YOU ****ING IDIOTS!" lol can't believe that's 5 years ago already. After 51 I ran up the stairs like a school kid and woke up the wife. She thought something bad had happened and was like "What's wrong!?!" ..."WE CAME BACK! WE WON!!" lol.

Yeah, 49 was special....in one play we went from, "OMG, the Pats are gonna lose 3 straight Superbowls on crazy impossible plays" to "Yessssssss!!!!!".

I went to Arizona to check out the Superbowl festivities...and stayed at a friend's house near the stadium. The morning after was so glorious....I had a 6 hour drive back home...but stopped half way for some gas and saw some depressed Seahawk fans at the gas station....man....that had to really suck on their end.

I left the Super Bowl party I hosted, leaving all my guests. I was already hammered and went right to the bad. I don’t remember the rest of the night except that I made some bad decisions.

That was the last time I ever watched the Pats in the Super Bowl with “other people”.

just read the GDT for SB49 , its classic display of changing emotions.

5 years ago? Really???

The football gods made up for 42 with 49

I remember at the end of 49 I had to switched to gin anticipating some depression. When they threw the ball I stood up and screamed something like "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR THROWING YOU ****ING IDIOTS!" lol can't believe that's 5 years ago already. After 51 I ran up the stairs like a school kid and woke up the wife. She thought something bad had happened and was like "What's wrong!?!" ..."WE CAME BACK! WE WON!!" lol.

Yeah, 49 was special....in one play we went from, "OMG, the Pats are gonna lose 3 straight Superbowls on crazy impossible plays" to "Yessssssss!!!!!".

I went to Arizona to check out the Superbowl festivities...and stayed at a friend's house near the stadium. The morning after was so glorious....I had a 6 hour drive back home...but stopped half way for some gas and saw some depressed Seahawk fans at the gas station....man....that had to really suck on their end.

just read the GDT for SB49 , its classic display of changing emotions.

Ok, enough wallowing in our Wild Card and GOAT departure sorrow. Let's reminisce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back