PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is having a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't necessarily disagree here, I'd say that I don't believe it's his ego at all. I just think he sees how obviously short his time has become and he wants to win as many SB's as he can before the ride is over. He knows how difficult it is and how little is the margin for error.

Similar feelings here although I think Brady has and will always want to win now regardless of how long he may have left.

And I don't think he cares how they win either but it's funny how the mediots describe Brady's comments as whiny and during the same segment basically reiterate his comments when discussing the team's issues.

What on Earth gives you confidence that the Pats will get their run avg to 4.2? That has zero basis in reality. Wynn coming back? Don't think so...his one full game vs Pitt Pat's gained 99 yards on 29 carries and Sony Michel averaged LESS THAN ONE YARD A CARRY!!!

How much can you bench Rob Parker?

Not his best (obviously, hes 42) but I’ll gladly take this level of performance any year.
Agree. He has been better, but his level of play this year has been VG. It is plenty to win the championship. NE needs the D to keep playing tough and stay away from injuries.

Until last week we basically never trailed in a game all year. I’m not big on style points I’m big in getting the job done. Part of getting the job done is limiting or eliminating mistakes when you are ahead. Smart front running offense doesn’t always look good but it is not the same offense you would be running in a close game.
Last week was really the first opportunity to see the offense when it needed to produce. It would be very instructive to see what would have happened without the Edelman fumble. But with it and the defensive struggles afterward the offense didn’t really have much chance to take this game.

How they have played in 9 games doesn’t have much IMO to do with how they will play in an AFCCG. What this team does better than any, maybe ever, is self scout, be self aware, and use both to put together game plans in the post season to be successful.
And when all else fails you put the game on the GOATS shoulders and the odds are pretty damn good.

He is carrying an offense with no threat of a running game and mediocre pass protection, sometimes terrible protection due to his backup left tackle. He also is working with just two reliable receivers (now) and no TE’s. All of this at age 42.

It’s pretty easy to understand his frustration. And I think he has been doing the best that could be expected.

I was on record as saying I wanted them to retain Patterson. The Bears, however, offered him far more money than I think the Pats would have felt comfortable offering.
He’ll be back next year when he’s cut. Laughable contract lol. Not sure what games the Bears watched to think he is a reliable receiving target.

Halfway through his age 42 season & his physical tools are still there. Now compare that to Philip Rivers' play (and the lack of arm strength) recently despite having Allen, Williams, Henry & Ekeler.

The difference between 2015-2017 Brady & now is supporting cast. AB in, AB out. Gordon in, Gordon out. Edelman banged up. Sanu in & the two big ones:

Turnstile LT
no TE presence

Hopefully one can be fixed this season.

“Great” must have a new meaning

Middle of QB pack in rating, INTs, TDs.
Tops in intentional groundings.

Labeling Brady as “great” this year is based on reputation not performance

Were you really lame enough in your trolling to grade a QB based upon straight stats, particularly intentional groundings?

rofl.gif

That must be one hell of a hangover that you're dealing with.

Were you really lame enough in your trolling to grade a QB based upon straight stats, particularly intentional groundings?

rofl.gif

He should write for the Globe. John Henry would love him “Face it Patriots fans, Tom Brady is overrated”

rofl.gif

Just not giving Brady credit for feats he hasn’t performed this year.
I’m not blaming Brady for the uneven offense but I’m certainly not going to pretend he has been great

Squealers run D is decent but I agree. Any belief the NEP run O hitting 4ypc this year is a pipedream. They might improve a little but it'll be negligible

I’m holding out hope for 4 ypc the rest of the way with Wynn back and hopefully signing a healthy Dwayne Allen.

Just not giving Brady credit for feats he hasn’t performed this year.
I’m not blaming Brady for the uneven offense but I’m certainly not going to pretend he has been great

You were trolling, as is your wont. Don't pretend it was anything more.

Just do a better job of trolling. Intentional groundings? The moment you typed that, you should have known that your post was hot garbage.

So, Brady is doing great for a 42 year old, or even for someone over 40?

BTW, being among the tops for total yards is not necessarily a sign of a winning team.

Not his best (obviously, hes 42) but I’ll gladly take this level of performance any year.

Some think that we need Gronk back to have an effective running game. You settle for Allen.

The open question is how good the OL will be without adding players not currently signed.

I’m holding out hope for 4 ypc the rest of the way with Wynn back and hopefully signing a healthy Dwayne Allen.

Some think that we need Gronk back to have an effective running game. You settle for Allen.

The open question is how good the OL will be without adding players not currently signed.

Allen would likely play for small money, due to a probable offset clause from his last deal. Gronk's money numbers would be a lot higher.

Brady has been solid. He hasn't been "great". Last four years, his numbers have gone down. Team performance hasn't gone down, but his statistical line has:

2016: 12 g, 67.4%, 3554 yds, 28 td (6.5%), 2 int (0.5%), 8.2 y/a, 112.2 rating
2017: 16 g, 66.3%, 4577 yds, 32 td (5.5%), 8 int (1.4%), 7.9 y/a, 102.8 rating
2018: 16 g, 65.8%, 4355 yds, 29 td (5.1%), 11 int (1.9%), 7.6 y/a, 97.7 rating
2019: 9 g, 64.8%, 2536 yds, 14 td (3.9%), 5 int 9 (1.4%), 7.1 y/a, 93.1 rating

But obviously over those four seasons, the Pats have won 2 Super Bowls, 3 AFC Championships, and this year are currently sporting the top record in the AFC. Over those four years, they've gone 43-10 (.811) in the regular season and 8-1 (.889) in the playoffs.

So it's not like he's been bad or has remotely fallen off a cliff. His stats at least are definitely on a downward trend. Some of that is a function of them running for more TDs than in years past.

So, Brady is doing great for a 42 year old, or even for someone over 40?

BTW, being among the tops for total yards is not necessarily a sign of a winning team.
But being 8-1 is :D

Brady has been solid. He hasn't been "great". Last four years, his numbers have gone down. Team performance hasn't gone down, but his statistical line has:

But obviously over those four seasons, the Pats have won 2 Super Bowls, 3 AFC Championships, and this year are currently sporting the top record in the AFC. Over those four years, they've gone 43-10 (.811) in the regular season and 8-1 (.889) in the playoffs.

So it's not like he's been bad or has remotely fallen off a cliff. His stats at least are definitely on a downward trend. Some of that is a function of them running for more TDs than in years past.
Statistics are heavily a result of game plan situation and the rest of the unit.
For example, this year well more than ever there have been plays where Brady s pressures and there is nothing there so he kills the play and throws it away. Those are incompletions and attempts which affect all the silly statistics that people like to use to judge a QB in place of watching them play.

Squealers run D is decent but I agree. Any belief the NEP run O hitting 4ypc this year is a pipedream. They might improve a little but it'll be negligible

They had their best running game of the year last Sunday. They hit 4.4 and if the Edelman fumble doesn't happen and they actually take the lead they might not abandon the run too early (which led to the Brady INT) and it is a different game.

If anything the running game last Sunday was a big jump into the right direction. Not sure where this pessimism is coming from.

Yeah. If you just take away the 2 INTs that are pretty obviously because new players screwed up their routes, his rating goes up to 96, even without Gronk or any semblance of a running game. So I have a hard time worrying about Brady's play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes