PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady got me fired up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady got me fired up.

Great questions!

I may make that first one a life goal to find out.

I wonder if you would have any success by e-mailing Willie Mac, c/o the Browns, and asking him directly. I'm sure that the team receives plenty of e-mail requests and responds to very few of them, but maybe it's worth a shot.

Great story to read! Nothing less than I would have expected. He's a class act. Right after they won the '04 Superbowl, my then girlfriend (now wife) met him at Logan also on his trip home to SD. Said he was obviously exhausted, but was very friendly, signed an autograph, etc. -- all smiles. Granted, she's hot, but all the same: We're very lucky.

I played well. They did a small tournament type thing, we won. As a team we shot a 59, and I won the long drive contest. It was cool that I was the only Pats fan in the group so I got to hog all Brady's time while he was with us.

Got a Autographed Jersey (For the Longest drive - that they are sending to me) and a Autographed pin flag (Lowest Net Score).

59?? Jeez...didn't know you were a scratch player. That's an awesome score for a best ball tournament.

And, you won the long drive contest!! Congrats!! You can proudly state that you beat the best NFL QB in a different sporting category. :D

Based on your OP, I guess you didn't ask him anything related to cameragate and how it bothered him personally right?

Thanks again for posting your experience. Being a fellow golfer (not by any stretch coming close to you) and a big Patsfan, I greatly admire and envy that you got to play so great with an NFL great! :)

59?? Jeez...didn't know you were a scratch player. That's an awesome score for a best ball tournament.

And, you won the long drive contest!! Congrats!! You can proudly state that you beat the best NFL QB in a different sporting category. :D

Based on your OP, I guess you didn't ask him anything related to cameragate and how it bothered him personally right?

Thanks again for posting your experience. Being a fellow golfer (not by any stretch coming close to you) and a big Patsfan, I greatly admire and envy that you got to play so great with an NFL great! :)

Thanks. Yea, it was fun. I'm a pretty good golfer these days, it comes and goes, but that's why we play the game. I will admit that since I found out I was going on this trip (Early April), I had done a good bit of working on my game so I would play well.

No, I did not talk Camera-gate, Giselle or his boy. I wanted to try and talk current Patriot stuff, sports in general and golf. I did not want to turn him off talking to me, ya know?

Great stuff, Scottie. Looking forward to the pics.

I would really have asked him "At any point on the morning of the Super Bowl, did you hear or were you informed about Senator Specter's call for you to go to Washington later that week for questioning?"

To me, what Specter did that morning was unconscionable and he never was taken to task for obviously trying to influence the outcome of that day's game. Say what you will about what he did in general, the fact that he went on NUMEROUS TV and Radio shows that morning and publicly demanded that Tom Brady to be called to Washington DC later that week is something for which he has received a free pass.

Last edited:

Good stuff. I want to see the pics!! Tom Brady = Freaking awesome!

I'm jelous.! You are so lucky.!
A great team this season.? I like what He said. Did you ask him if we are going to have 19-0 in this season.?

I played well. They did a small tournament type thing, we won. As a team we shot a 59, and I won the long drive contest. It was cool that I was the only Pats fan in the group so I got to hog all Brady's time while he was with us.

Got a Autographed Jersey (For the Longest drive - that they are sending to me) and a Autographed pin flag (Lowest Net Score).

I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who hates you right now.

you are one lucky guy

I think I can speak for most us when I say we would all drool to meet TB ,and play a round with him,(hell I'm happy just to get some time to play nine holes),thats a great post,thanks for sharing the moment.

Congrats ScottieC, what a cool story. I'm a half decent golfer (sometimes:D) and I have to admit that getting my first tee shot past the ladies' tee and inbounds would be quite a chore for me if #12 were in my 4 some. I'm guessing that it sort of felt like a surreal reality and you're still not 100% convinced that it actually happened :)

Too bad Gisele couldn't come along and make it even more of a fantasy-type adventure for you!

I think I can speak for most us when I say we would all drool to meet TB ,and play a round with him,(hell I'm happy just to get some time to play nine holes),thats a great post,thanks for sharing the moment.

And let me add that hetero male pats fans would also like to meet Brady!

Last edited:
Ok, so I got to go on a trip this past weekend to LA to play a round of golf and spend some time with Brady - It was thru one of his sponsors. As it ended up we did not get to play golf with him, they were really pushing him for time, but we did get to talk for a while.

This was the first time I've ever met Tom so I was pretty anxious and very excited to get the chance to meet him, and I gotta say when he rolled up on the Golf cart and got out I was a little star struck...well a lot actually.

Anyway, he got out walked up and we introduced ourselves and we got some pictures - I will post them here soon, hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday (I did not use my Camera, they had a professional service there - However one of the other guys took some pics so I'll post those if you all are interested as well).

After that we talked for a while, mostly about where I was from (Holliston, MA - However currently live in Atlanta, GA) - Then I obviously thanked him for all that he's done for us fans, super bowls and all that. FYI - I did not talk about anything personal with him or this years Super Bowl.

Talked a little about this years team, and his response was that they have a great team this year and that he was looking forward to the season - He obviously thinks that have a great team and a great chance to get back to the SB.

Talked a little more about Golf and a little about the NBA Championship, and as he was leaving I wished him luck and he thanked me and we shook hands again - just as he was getting in the cart one of the guys in our group told him that he won him $3k in his Fantasy Football league last year and Brady's response was "Get me and Moss again this year, we are going to hook it up."

Needless to say it was cool as hell to get the chance to talk with him and I gotta say I'm fired up about what he said about the team.

So anyway, I thought you guys and gals would be interested to hear that.

One of the nicest celebrity/athletes I have ever met, and I know I'm a total homer, but if he was anything other than that I would tell you all.

BTW - The golf course was Trump National Golf Course and I recommend it to any golfer out there - It's a public course and it's one of the nicest courses I've ever played.

Great story, thank you :) Definitely looking forward to the pics! I'm glad to hear he's so positive about this year too.
LOL omg you must have been dying inside:bricks:

STALKER ALERT!!!

j/k :p

thats awesome. You should of asked him what he thought about STFUgate. :D

Great story! Lucky bastard!
I hear Brady is a good golfer, how did he play?

Funny enough, but Brady's Mom & Dad were in NYC yesterday with Giselle at lunch somewhere and then hung out at her house. I caught that stupid TMZ show. No Brady sighting they said. Now we know why......he was in LA playing golf and most likely seeing his kid. Cool!

what happen to promised pictures.?

I'm waiting for them as well, promised to me by tomorrow sometime - I'll be out most of the day so it might not be until Wednesday.

Great questions!

I may make that first one a life goal to find out.

PJ-

You should email Reiss that question and maybe he can ask Brady. Mike seems quite approachable by fans (at least he was a few years ago).

I wonder if you would have any success by e-mailing Willie Mac, c/o the Browns, and asking him directly. I'm sure that the team receives plenty of e-mail requests and responds to very few of them, but maybe it's worth a shot.

I was thinking of that myself. You're right, I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back