PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is extremely small.Arians isn't 5% of the overall coach Belichick is.

Over the course of a 16+ game season, those little details in preparation will have a massive impact. And that's not scratching the surface of coaching, culture, management, and preparation beyond just the head coach.

if you wanna have that opinion, that’s fin, but just realize it’s an opinion, not a fact

Brady has a shot at a superbowl next year, BB does not. BB will have a shot before he's done though.

I think it will take Stidham some time to develop. I'm not expecting a playoff run next year, but if he's as promising as a lot of people are saying, then getting back to the playoffs in 2021 is possible.

I’m not crying, you’re crying. A sad day for Boston sports fans that’s for sure.

if you wanna have that opinion, that’s fin, but just realize it’s an opinion, not a fact

I mean yeah, the 5% number is arbitrary, but by every objective statistical measure of coaching success, yes, it is a fact that Belichick is a superior coach to Arians.

This is the problem. There’s absolutely no measurement or attempted measurement at just how much value Belichick adds. People say there absolutely stupid things often and don’t even think twice. They really think a coach (!) sprinkles fairy dust on the field and it makes the ball magically move.

These aren’t exclusive to Belichick, though everyone acts like there’s one incredible coach and 31 total idiots.

Ok you're right. 1 genius, 1 above average and 30 idiots. Is that better?

I'll take the winner of 8 Super Bowls over any coach in NFL history.

If he can architect and implement a defense that held the high powered Bills to 19 points handing NY Giant legend Jeff Hostetler (yeah right) a super bowl victory. He can turn chicken sh!t into gold.

Last edited:
In my honest opinion the best outcome here is that the BB And TB both win championships without each other

Just cant believe they are letting this happen
My denial refuses to be denied

Tonight TB has crazy nightmares

AM makes the call to Kraft
Holy crap, I almost woke up playing for Tampa Bay

This is the problem. There’s absolutely no measurement or attempted measurement at just how much value Belichick adds. People say there absolutely stupid things often and don’t even think twice. They really think a coach (!) sprinkles fairy dust on the field and it makes the ball magically move.
BB has said many times players play. It was never 50 50 between the 2 but both are amazing.

Curious if Godwin is going to get pressured to give up #12. Would be a very bad way to start things off but TB12 is the biggest player brand in the NFL so I could see a little push by Brady to get it if it is possible.
Don’t think he might swing for #10? Throws off TB12 branding, so I’d guess probably not, but would probably lead to quite a bit more jersey sales by Bucs fans and non bucs fans.

Im never going to root for Tom Brady over the Patriots. But if you truly apppreciate brady I feel like you should be rooting for him to win a championship unless Tampa Is playing the pats in the Super Bowl or if some how a Tampa bay win would **** the pats out of a playoff spot

This really pisses me off after everything he’s done this is how he’s treated absolute bull ****

Dark Days ahead for this incredibly untalented patriots team. Only way out is stink so bad we land Trevor Lawrence. Even BB can’t screw up that draft pick!

Brady is really the only QB I ever knew.

This feels weird and different. Im not devasted, but too bad #12 wont be under center anymore.

You’re really not seeing the reason why Belichick has 6 championships and Reid has 1?
I said Belichick is in a different tier. What more do I need to say that puts distance between Belichick and Reid? Reid is a great coach while Belichick is the master.

Bucs play the saints twice and the packers this season. Big ratings.
QBs that Brady would face in 2020:
  • #2 Patrick Mahomes
  • #4 Drew Brees (2)
  • #7 Aaron Rodgers
  • #8 Kirk Cousins
  • #9 Matthew Stafford
  • #12 Matt Ryan (2)
  • #16 Derek Carr
  • #19 Teddy Bridgewater (2)
  • #20 Jared Goff
  • #23 Daniel Jones
  • #31 Mitchell Trubisk

Ok you're right. 1 genius, 1 above average and 30 idiots. Is that better?

I'll take the winner of 8 Super Bowls over any coach in NFL history.

If he can architect and implement a defense that held the high powered Bills to 19 points handing NY Giant legend Jeff Hostetler (yeah right) a super bowl victory. He can turn chicken sh!t into gold.

Taylor, Banks, Johnson and Marshall have been rejuvenated, and are playing for the Patriots this season, then?

So with all the craziness going on right now, I didn’t really have time today to give this my full attention.

But now it reminds me of this clip.

I think Brady is making a mistake. I don’t think a player should have input on personnel decisions, it’s not their place, even if you are the goat. I think any team that would allow such a thing is stupid, and having lived in Tampa for the past 17 years I can confirm that the Bucs are that team.

They have a ton of talent on offense but Arians is no Belichick. And while maybe playing for Belichick is not all touchy feely sometimes, there is a method to his madness and it clearly works. If he gave Brady the input he wanted, he would be going against everything he’s ever stood for.

Sometimes egos collide and it saddens me to see something great dissolved because of that but that’s life. I don’t think it’s going to go like Brady thinks it will. I think he’s going to be disappointed in what life without Belichick is like. Sometimes people have to leave before they realize what they had and it’s sad when that happens.

While I am a little bit happy that we can go check out a Bucs game and watch Brady play, it won’t be the same.

I’m not sure how I’ll feel when I see him in another uniform. He gave me and my son so many great memories. It’s just sad to see it end this way.

Bill would have been fired if Brady didn't take over for Bledsoe. Bill didn't become a genius overnight. My opinion is, without Brady: BB would be a good, but not a great coach. Brady overtime made BB better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back