PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to advise mr. HC Arias. But his move is turning TB Bucs into legit national exposure type franchise worth tens of millions and pays off the Brady deal. .. at least partially which mitigates the risk of 43 y.o QB you're talking about. :cool:
Look for them to be on "Hard Knocks".

One of the dumbest things I've seen a player do during a game.

What? You would have taken the easy 6 points by beating the linebacker to the outside rather hurdle into him? Or you would have kept running towards the end zone instead of turning around backwards to get concussed?

You need to advise mr. HC Arias. But his move is turning TB Bucs into legit national exposure type franchise worth tens of millions and pays off the Brady deal. .. at least partially which mitigates the risk of 43 y.o QB you're talking about. :cool:

It is all a mirage. They will make some money but god forbid he sucks that will evaporate.

Do you guys think we win that game with Butler?

The Eagles only punted once all game, and they never punted in the second half. And all the talk about the Eagles going for it on 4th downs is overblown.

4th down on NE7 = FG
4th down on Philly 22 = Punt
4th down on NE 1 = TD
4th down on NE 24 = FG
4th down on Philly 45 = First down on a 4th and 1
4th down on NE 27 = FG

So the question really boils down to whether or not you think Butler might have forced the Eagles to punt just one more time in the game, and I think it's quite possible that he would have.

Unfortunately, we'll never know.

Last edited:
The Eagles only punted once all game, and they never punted in the second half. And all the talk about the Eagles going for it on 4th downs is overblown.

4th down on NE7 = FG
4th down on Philly 22 = Punt
4th down on NE 1 = TD
4th down on NE 24 = TD
4th down on Philly 45 = First down on a 4th and 1
4th down on NE 27 = FG

So the question really boils down to whether or not you think Butler might have forced the Eagles to punt just one more time in the game, and I think it's quite possible that he would have.

Unfortunately, we'll never know.

Miami, week 17, 2015 was even worse than SB52

Main reason the Patriots, BB and Brady are detested is winning.
It is true that applied to Dallas in the 70's. Not so much to the Steelers (nationally).

Were the Packers of the 60's or 49ers of the 80's hated? By more than their rivals?

Since they renamed as the New England Patriots, local and national media have had an unparalleled denigration propaganda crusade against the franchise. Period.

Ridiculous disparaging steadily increased through the 80's and 90's despite Super Bowl appearances in each decade, and ownership stability in Kraft.

Crybabying (not just by the Raiders) was detonated the second the Pats won the Snow Bowl.

One week later, there were open accusations against them when they upset the Steelers.

Until Adam's game winner in the Superdome, the Patriots franchise had endured an unmatched 32 years of undeserved abuse, locally and nationally, having won zero league championships.

Few pro sports coaches have been disliked by media like Bill Belichick, since he was in Cleveland. The jealousy of Bob Kraft by his fellow owners has been tangible, especially when the league front office assisted in keeping the franchise in Massachusetts. And Tom Brady has been disrespected and underrated since before he entered high school.

So yeah, a perfect storm led up to the stupidity of Crygate in '07.

Maybe the Patriots would have been hated if you erased all the crap dumped on us since the Beatles broke up, solely due to our amazing winning the last twenty years.

But we'll never know. Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana are not hated, to my knowledge. I do not believe Tom Brady would have been, either.

Miami, week 17, 2015 was even worse than SB52
Jets game prior as well.You'd think they were going to go into that game, take care of business and rest players for Week 17. Nope! They barely tried until the second half when the game was still in reach. They were basically doing a variation of "load management" by running a ton even when it wasn't working to prevent more injuries.

Do you guys think we win that game with Butler?

We may never know why he was benched but the fact that he kept his mouth shut and his teammates did too for the most part (other than one or two who actual bashed him nonspecifically) indicates to me that he did something that was bad enough to deserve a benching.

Butler was bad most of the season (I witnessed him getting abused by Sanders on the road in Denver) but I am confident that he makes this tackle:

And that may have been enough. What a devastating whiff by Bademosi. Just a pathetic effort at the worst possible time.

We may never know why he was benched but the fact that he kept his mouth shut and his teammates did too for the most part (other than one or two who actual bashed him nonspecifically) indicates to me that he did something that was bad enough to deserve a benching.

Butler was bad most of the season (I witnessed him getting abused by Sanders on the road in Denver) but I am confident that he makes this tackle:

And that may have been enough. What a devastating whiff by Bademosi. Just a pathetic effort at the worst possible time.

We already know the reason: Bill's gigantic ego. The same one that throw the GOAT out of town.

But revenge is a dish best served cold.

He was under contract and wanted to play. It's not his style to hold out or quit on the team. He became a FA and didn't even go back to BB to see if he'd match Tampa Bay's offer.

Got it. So in your world passive aggressively threatening to walk and saying he is done is in his style but actually doing something about it is not. What a leader of men.

How about we just acknowledge that most of those articles are garbage that work backwards from the outcome and try to connect completely unrelated dots into a false narrative. Because that is what is happening.

The thing is that Bademosi has been generally a great ST player and particularly a really good tackler (and even a competent emergency starting corner as he showed in two regular season games that year). He had that one painful whiff in that season that for many now paints the entire picture of him.

But this fanbase in particular seems to do this a lot. You can't have a discussion about Welker without someone bringing up the SB drop and trying to reduce a borderline HoF receiver into one bad moment.

The thing is that Bademosi has been generally a great ST player and particularly a really good tackler (and even a competent emergency starting corner as he showed in two regular season games that year). He had that one painful whiff in that season that for many now paints the entire picture of him.

But this fanbase in particular seems to do this a lot. You can't have a discussion about Welker without someone bringing up the SB drop and trying to reduce a borderline HoF receiver into one bad moment.

People aren't really blaming Bademosi for doing a ****ty job. They understand that putting in lesser players generally will produce lesser results. So, sure, he'll be partially defined as the guy who blew that tackle. But that definition will come with "AND HE DIDN'T EVEN BELONG ON THE FIELD!", which is the acknowledgement that the issue people have is not with him. The understanding is that "Bademosi blew it on that play" is just a proxy for "What the hell was Belichick doing keeping Butler's ass nailed to the bench!!??".

People aren't really blaming Bademosi for doing a ****ty job. They understand that putting in lesser players generally will produce lesser results. So, sure, he'll be partially defined as the guy who blew that tackle. But that definition will come with "AND HE DIDN'T EVEN BELONG ON THE FIELD!", which is the acknowledgement that the issue people have is not with him. The understanding is that "Bademosi blew it on that play" is just a proxy for "What the hell was Belichick doing keeping Butler's ass nailed to the bench!!??".

Bench butler for a half ok but you see what Philadelphia is doing to our defense and you keep him benched. ****ing stupid, that’s not what’s best for the team that’s what’s beat for BB.

11-5 with Cassel.

3-1 with a raw JG and Jacoby Brissett.

Not to mention 2 rings won as a DC. Bill has a track record without Brady. Not the case vice versa.

In the case of Cassel, the same team with Brady was 16-0 (18-1) the year before with a tougher schedule.

And BB's track record also includes his 5-13 Pats record before Drew got injured and his 36-44 record in Cleveland.

Really? It's not close? Lombardi... Brown.... not even close?

I think you could also throw Chuck Noll into that discussion. He did a great job building the Steelers dynasty of the 70's.

I see this as an indictment of the WR corps & TE corpses

Brady should have drafted and traded for better players.

All kidding aside, maybe it was BB's recent poor player personal decisions that had Brady looking for some roster input.

That game really seems to be the one that'll stand out against BB. It was the game where "I'm just doing what's best for the team" died.

IMHO the first wound came when Bill's arrogance told him to sit Wes Welker for the first series in the playoff loss vs the Jete. That overreaction took the team by surprise and they never recovered.

As for Butler, it's odd that the reason has never come out. Even Butler, when asked after he was gone, seemed to support BB's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes