PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, how do I put this? They didn't because, to the Patriots, at this time... it did not make sense. Even for another ring (maybe.) And (because Brady didn't want more year-to-year, under market value "disses," I think,) he just weighed it all (Pride? Warm weather? access to S. America? Extra 7 m /year? Offensive WEAPONS? Who knows), and the scales came up light on NE's side.

You know what? May we somehow explode into the post-Brady era for 3 Stidham rings in a row. But failing that... May Tom F'ing Brady make those pirate ship cannons light up the gulf coast skies!

It's a great team and a great quarterback that weren't a match anymore... that's it man.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that. The idea that Brady didn't make sense ..... that doesn't make sense.

Belichick should’ve bent over backwards for Brady. He deserved to go out on top, as a Patriot, with a slew of offensive weapons.

I’d rather lose with Brady, then without him. I’d rather rebuild and worry about cap implications after Brady is retired, then when he isn’t.

History won’t look kind on this ordeal.

Kraft, once again, resorted to being a spineless jellyfish and Belichick, once again, let his ego get in the way.

They certainly didn’t do what was best for the team or the fanbase.

Belichick should’ve bent over backwards for Brady. He deserved to go out on top, as a Patriot, with a slew of offensive weapons.

I’d rather lose with Brady, then without him. I’d rather rebuild and worry about cap implications after Brady is retired, then when he isn’t.

Kraft, once again, resorted to being a spineless jellyfish and Belichick, once again, let his ego get in the way. They certainly didn’t do what was best for the team or the fanbase.

Belichick and Kraft deserve a giant red X for this incredible failure. What a total fckup of epic proportions. Brady should have retired as a NEP. The silver lining is that Kraft is sack of dog sht, so I’m glad he’ll have his name forever linked to being unable to keep Brady. It would be even better if Brady wins another without Kraft.

It’s the job of the owner, coach, and GM to keep a player like this happy. Don’t start with the “well Tom wanted to leave, so it’s everyone’s fault.” No. The Patriots had the greatest player ever and maybe greatest teammate/company man ever and sht their pants. Little doubt that Kraft and Belichick’s ego are to blame, especially Kraft.

Last edited:
“I’d be really grateful if I had the opportunity to play in Tampa Bay, to play anywhere,” Brown said. “Obviously to play with Tom Brady would be an extreme honor. You know his quality of leadership. You know the want to win. Anytime you can be around a guy like that, man, it’s an extreme honor. You know you’re going to have opportunity to do something exciting.”

When pressed for where he wants to play, Brown said “preferably with Tom.”

Antonio Brown looking for any opportunity but "preferably with Tom" Brady - ProFootballTalk

I hope Tampa goes 14-2, wins the Super Bowl, and Brady runs away with the MVP. I'm fully on board and backing the Bucs 100%. Go ahead and insult my Patriots fandom, could care less. I've been a Pats fan since 1978 and what they've accomplished the last 20 years has been incredible! I'm also a realist. The Pats are looking at somewhere between 5-11 and 7-9 next year. I'm rooting for them but it is rebuilding time and expectations are greatly lowered. I'm very happy for Tom and wish him the best. At this point I want nothing more than for him to succeed in the greatest way possible to shove it right up all the haters asses!

Kraft, once again, resorted to being a spineless jellyfish and Belichick, once again, let his ego get in the way.

This is how it is going when two big personalities meet each other and should cooperate. Sooner or later it must have happened they fall out with each other.
I am far away from judging them.It is simplier to wish them both luck.

You morons trying to blame Brady are unbelievably ignorant. BB jerked this guy around for years with these BS incentive laden, under market, year to year contracts. No other franchise QB in the league was treated like this! Friggin ridiculous to treat the GOAT, and the coincidentally the guy who transformed this formerly garbage franchise into relevance, in this fashion. BB is a jerk and so is Mr * himself, Krafty Bob. Enjoy your 6-10 next season and descent back into total irrelevance.

Bunch of clowns man makes me with BB dumbass traded him in 2017 cause those SB we won wouldn’t have happened with jimmy G.

I’m kind of hoping the season gets cancelled. Tamps would be on the hook for a ton of money and how would Tom perform after a year off?

You morons trying to blame Brady are unbelievably ignorant. BB jerked this guy around for years with these BS incentive laden, under market, year to year contracts. No other franchise QB in the league was treated like this! Friggin ridiculous to treat the GOAT, and the coincidentally the guy who transformed this formerly garbage franchise into relevance, in this fashion. BB is a jerk and so is Mr * himself, Krafty Bob. Enjoy your 6-10 next season and descent back into total irrelevance.
Blaming Brady is a mistake but c’mon, Brady signed those contracts. He could have walked away years ago if he felt they were an insult.

I’ve defended Kraft throughout. I defended him when he caved on the deflategate nonsense. I defended him on his Asian spa fiasco. But now I can no longer defend him. If he just shut up and didn’t say anything throughout this Brady saga all parties would’ve been better off. Instead he opened his mouth and kept saying stupid things trying to get himself in the clear for letting the greatest player to ever play the most difficult position in sports walk. He should have stepped in. He should have put his foot down and told Bill “do what you need to do but Brady retires a Patriot”. If Bill leaves so be it. He’s pushing 70 and has it made here with his two sons coaching with him. His daughter coaching some sport less than two hours away. His girlfriend loving every minute of the limelight. And a house on Nantucket he gets to spend a month at every year.

I imagine the Colts and Broncos fanbases both went through this with Manning.

If you're a Brady fan, then feel free to stock up on TB stuff and be a Bucs fan now. We here at PATSfans.com will be ok.

If you ignore games where the team was actually trying to lose, the Colts went from 10-6 with Manning to 11-5 with a rookie QB replacing Manning.

I don’t think the Colts were intentionally trying to tank.

Colts don’t have a horrific season that year if Belichick was their coach. Not saying they’d win the SB but they would have been a lot better. Bill is still coach here. Happy to roll the dice with that.

I still can't believe he is actually gone. It's a surreal feeling. How can one think of the Patriots without Tom Brady? How can one think of Tom Brady without the Patriots? It wasn't supposed to end this way.

This!!! 1000 Xs This!

A lot of the talk now isn’t all that different from what was said in the winter and spring of 2002 about another Patriots franchise QB. I trust Bill. He’s earned that.

The only social media I do is Instagram, and even then, only rarely. First thing I saw was KVN photoshopped into a Lolphins jersey, so I had to unfollow. I couldn't unfollow TFB, but I did mute his posts and stories. I don't care to see his Tampa BS...

Weird times...

Curran sucks. He used to be good but not anymore.

Deleted Brady from all my social media accounts. I suggest most do the same now that’s he is officially a non Pat. As he said in the last active playing career post that I will see was “nobody cares what you did in the past only what you do in the present” or something like that.

Okay Tom, I don’t care what you did in the past either. May the ball sail wide and high in your future football endeavors.
There’s been some bad posts on here but this one is a hall of fame sh*t post.

Blaming Brady is a mistake but c’mon, Brady signed those contracts. He could have walked away years ago if he felt they were an insult.
No he couldn't. Pats could have put the tag on him. This is the first year he could just walk away.

Kraft still can't shut up, apparently:

A real winner is if he said something like:

Think about when you have a good rub and tug relationship at a spa, but the FBI are putting pressure on you to stop, so you decide you cant anymore.

Every word you say is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing