PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup for some reason people here think he is 30. It’s amazing. The ball the past 2 seasons didn’t look as good as it had in the past. That is fact. Plus his processing of the field was getting slower. I hope he doesn’t fall flat on his face but to say he is gonna perform like ‘07 TB is ridiculous. Or even 14.

You seem to think he's 60. And his processing speed was as fast as ever.

Its a good move for the Bucs. It brings people into the seats $, makes them relevant$ and saves the coaches job at least for another 2 years. And all this is true no matter how well TB performs.
It also lets them walk away from Jameis Winston, their former "face of the franchise" with next to no blowback, at least until/unless the TB12 experiment is a failure. Even then, it would be hard to fault the regime for taking a chance with TB12.

I’ll generously say next years team has a chance of 9-7 and an outside shot at the wild card.
I’ll flip and say 7-9 or worse. Bills are going to take over the afc east.well be down sucking ass with Jets

I’ll flip and say 7-9 or worse. Bills are going to take over the afc east.well be down sucking ass with Jets

Spoken like a true buffalo troll .....or a wanna be Patriot fan who is unable to think beyond this season.

Thread is a bit TL/DR but in case it hasn't been said:

Belichick 100% nailed it with his official statement on Brady.

Sorry to disappoint, but I won’t be going anywhere. :)

Great news. It's an emotional day for all. I love TB12 but waiting another year maybe two to do the same but be strapped for 2 seasons doesn't make sense in my opinion. Vent a bit, voice your opinion, but then let it go and get back to supporting the New England Patriots like you always have! Again, I'm as HUGE a Tom Brady fan as there ever was. I knew it would eventually end like this (it always does). The difference is I truly believe this is the best move for the team and gives them the best chance to be competitive sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I was as big a Tom Brady fan as there ever was, and now I won't be. Amazing 19 years Tom, thanks for the memories. I'll root for you except when your games affect us (unless we're tanking or something, then I'll root for you too.)

But actually I'll be rooting for NE to continue winning, and for you to struggle too, so that I can say to haters that it's their worst nightmare... Tom Brady was a system quarterback. Helluva system we got here right?

Don't think it's true, but as the Beach Boys say, wouldn't it be nice.

PS, totally get where Brady's coming from. Their interests had just diverged. Can't pay him and pay the talent around him. Had to happen sometime.

Let the "new QB battles" begin.

Unless there's some sort of big twist announced via Hulu commercial or somesuch :rolleyes:

Its not too late, you made your point tom

You can come back still

Spoken like a true buffalo troll .....or a wanna be Patriot fan who is unable to think beyond this season.
Any member who thinks the Pats will suffer moving on from Brady is a secret troll and fan of another team.

Schefter and Darlington reporting Brady to sign with TB tomorrow afternoon when FA starts.

I expect an announcement for AB to sign there shortly after.

Any member who thinks the Pats will suffer moving on from Brady is a secret troll and fan of another team.

There is a difference between those that acknowledge that it will be a challenging time and those that for whatever reason actively root for the team to fail.

Last edited:

We were going to move on from Brady either way. Might miss out on a huge upside, but I dont think so. I think the insoluble problem was Brady wanted to be paid, and there wasn't cash to show him the love he was missing, and to pay his supporting cast.

Think it through though. We've been building toward the D side of the ball lately. The O suffered. That seemed to be the direction he was going to have to deal with/salvage.

I dont want to hate on Brady, I dont want to hate on BB/front office, it is what it is.

Once the ink's dry, I'll complete the period of mourning. Then I look forward to the new New England.

I wouldn't go that far. Instead of losing in the first round they likely won't make the playoffs. But what's the difference? IMO the Patriots will be competing for Super Bowls again sooner with this move. Any fan that stops supporting the Pats because of this never really was a Patriot fan. Good riddance.

I live in Texas and am in a brewery east of Houston. The football talk about Brady right now makes it easy to see how they lost their team to Tennessee. :rolleyes:

It also lets them walk away from Jameis Winston, their former "face of the franchise" with next to no blowback, at least until/unless the TB12 experiment is a failure. Even then, it would be hard to fault the regime for taking a chance with TB12.
With the weapons in Tampa it's extremely unlikely the experiment will be a failure. They might not have the D to win a superbowl, but they'll put up points and be a lot of fun to watch. Also, more fans in the seats, so hardly a failure.

I'm still pissed at 13 year old self for not disregarding my mom's proclamation "If you go to NYC to see Pink Floyd, I am not letting you back in the house ever again". She would have gotten over it after kicking me out for a few days, I think. That was The Wall shows at MSG and I had a ticket reserved for me that I passed on. I think that was 1980 IIRC.

That sucks. She would have definitely gotten over it. And you would have been one of a select few to actually see that Wall show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents