PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll probably be Tampa Bay, and sure, a new offense with Arians will be fun and novel in some sense. But it won't be perfect; he'll clash with Arians at times; he'll realize his new WRs and TEs (regardless of talent) will not always be on the same page as him; he'll realize all the little details that going into winning, on both sides of the ball and special teams, and how no one addresses those details and nuances better than Belichick.

And when he sees his teammates and coaches making mistakes due to a lack of effort, attentiveness, and competency, he'll naturally become frustrated because he's a competitive person who wants to win, and is familiar with playing in an environment where effort, attentiveness, and competency is top priority. He's taking those things for granted, and when he realizes that standard doesn't exist elsewhere to the extent it does in New England, he'll be initially perplexed, and then frustrated.

Remember all the times we'd marvel at how well a Belichick-coached team handled a particular in-game scenario, and how we'd mock other teams for how poorly prepared they were for that same scenario? Yeah, I remember -- and Tom will remember very, very soon.

Bingo. And no offseason program?

Kaboooooom! It’s gonna be an unmitigated disaster wherever he goes.

That Kraft quote to Stephen A. is either pure spin or delusion.

Both.

It's obvious spin, and Kraft is delusional if he thinks anyone but the honks are going to believe it.

At this point I don't think Brady cares about rings just his stats and how he can prove he can play at a high level at age 43.

Remember when this team started 8-0 Brady was absolutely miserable because he was not putting up good numbers.

Tampa makes sense. Team probably won't win a SB but Brady may put up solid numbers

I think he badly wants to win, like always, but I agree that people should not overlook his extremely important goal of outlasting every athlete who’s come before him.

At this point I don't think Brady cares about rings just his stats and how he can prove he can play at a high level at age 43.

Remember when this team started 8-0 Brady was absolutely miserable because he was not putting up good numbers.

Tampa makes sense. Team probably won't win a SB but Brady may put up solid numbers
It’s all about that TB12 brand he’s been pushing since he said he wants to play until 45. If he plays at a high level, it would to wonders for his product.

But I do think he wants to win his way.

Bingo. And no offseason program?

Kaboooooom! It’s gonna be an unmitigated disaster wherever he goes.

@Ice_Ice_Brady please explain how a 43 year old QB with a non BB head coach and all new team offense is just gonna hop on the field week 1 after TC and be humming right along?

I will be waiting.

If some team trades for Edelman, or signs AB, we'll know where Brady's going.

@Ice_Ice_Brady please explain how a 43 year old QB with a non BB head coach and all new team offense is just gonna hop on the field week 1 after TC and be humming right along?

I will be waiting.

Brady has needed to make an adjustment for years. He’s been reliant on receivers who can read defenses. The NFL has changed, and it’s more about athleticism now. Brady has brought this up in the past.

In New England, the receivers haven’t been very athletic, and perhaps part of that is Brady/the Patriots fault for not adjusting to the times. All around the league even average to decent QBs are doing just fine.

If Brady goes to Tampa, he’s also leaving behind his New England playbook and philosophy. He’ll need to learn some new terminology, but mostly he’ll be embracing a simplified system.

He’ll be fine. He’s never had weapons as good as TBs except 2007 and maybe some peak Gronk/Edelman years.

lol stop it man he had the defense knew in practice how bad the offense was. Hell we weren’t confident on the team at 8-0

Brady has needed to make an adjustment for years. He’s been reliant on receivers who can read defenses. The NFL has changed, and it’s more about athleticism now. Brady has brought this up in the past.

In New England, the receivers haven’t been very athletic, and perhaps part of that is Brady/the Patriots fault for not adjusting to the times. All around the league even average to decent QBs are doing just fine.

If Brady goes to Tampa, he’s also leaving behind his New England playbook and philosophy. He’ll need to learn some new terminology, but mostly he’ll be embracing a simplified system.

He’ll be fine. He’s never had weapons as good as TBs except 2007 and maybe some peak Gronk/Edelman years.

Weren't you adamant that Brady was staying? LOL

It’s all about that TB12 brand he’s been pushing since he said he wants to play until 45. If he plays at a high level, it would to wonders for his product.

But I do think he wants to win his way.
Brady turned into a businessman about 3 years ago. If he plays while till 45 people going to buy into his method.

It doesn't matter if the team finishes a 8-8 as long as Brady plays well people will believe his method works.

Oh and I'm sure he wants to win but his stats are far more important in the long run for his tb12 method.

Weren't you adamant that Brady was staying? LOL

Sure, if you disregard that I said there's a reasonable possibility - but certainly not a certainty - that he's leaving.

LOL.

You're a buffoon.

I will be waiting.
and i doubt Brady is going to learn a new system...so it will be a year or so until they are all on the same page.

and i doubt Brady is going to learn a new system...so it will be a year or so until they are all on the same page.
He doesn’t have to worry about the “system”, only the scheme.

Last edited:

It'll likely be going down the same as it did with Peyton. Brady IS the system. The HC will adapt the scheme to the QB.

Sure, if you disregard that I said there's a reasonable possibility - but certainly not a certainty - that he's leaving.

LOL.

You're a buffoon.

No, you were making light of the folks who thought he was gone. So now that Brady is gone, you can follow him to his new team. Bye.

I guess we will see how he does.....is McDaniel going with him?
If he goes to LA, he’s clearly already got one eye focused on the next phase of his life.

If he goes to TB, he will have a great season.

Hopefully he retires soon, should've stay in New England. He will learn the hard way that the grass isn't greener on the other side. Soon to be a shadow of his former self.

lol stop it man he had the defense knew in practice how bad the offense was. Hell we weren’t confident on the team at 8-0

I wasn't and I said this team's going to be in trouble when the D stopped creating five turnovers a game.

I was clearly in the minority because most everyone on here was 100% convinced this team didn't really have any flaws and they figure it out in the playoffs.

To me, it's always seemed that Brady has been the more stubborn one about changing his passing philosophy, rather than the Patriots being stubborn about changing their offense.

I guess we'll see which party is ultimately beholden to their ways, but having seen the offense under Garappolo for a few games, I get the sense that McDaniels and Belichick are more than capable of evolving their offense to suit the strengths of their (new) QB and receivers, and make it less regimented and read/react oriented as it was under Brady.

Say what?

The damn offense let us down this year. Brady absolutely knew we needed it. No wonder he was mad. He knew we were going into the thick of the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back