PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady contract situation (Merged - UPDATED:Deal Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pure age discrimination at this point. He’s running a 40 yd dash faster than at his combine 20 years ago. There’s absolutely no deterioration in performance. Multiple stats show his deep throws are as long and accurate as ever. This isn’t Manning throwing ducks at age 39.

The only reason we’re not extending Tom is that he’s 42. This is the very definition of age discrimination.

@Ian , why did you give Felger an account?

Last edited:
This is pure age discrimination at this point. He’s running a 40 yd dash faster than at his combine 20 years ago. There’s absolutely no deterioration in performance. Multiple stats show his deep throws are as long and accurate as ever. This isn’t Manning throwing ducks at age 39.

The only reason we’re not extending Tom is that he’s 42. This is the very definition of age discrimination.
This is an interesting take, I’ll give you that. Well done.

Yea I don't think he is super happy. I dont even think he is happy. That doesn't mean he is unhappy. Like he said, it is what it is. He is ambivalent at this point. Like he said, he's got 2019 and he's focusing on 2019. He knows that if he plays lights out, he is free to do what he wants in 2020 w/o having to worry about being tagged.

I think everything I've read points to both parties trying to figure out the best way to take it year by year.

Brady has always valued winning over dollars so why would that change now?

He's not going to play for another freaking team. My God.

Some of these Hawt Take posts are just unbelievable.

I think everything I've read points to both parties trying to figure out the best way to take it year by year.

Brady has always valued winning over dollars so why would that change now?

He's not going to play for another freaking team. My God.

Some of these Hawt Take posts are just unbelievable.
What's the difference between a Hawt Take and an opinion. Why are certain opinions hawt takes and others just opinions?

I think Hawt Take is overused or misused or both.

It is what it is. ;)

What's the difference between a Hawt Take and an opinion. Why are certain opinions hawt takes and others just opinions?

It is what it is. ;)
I'd like to think an opinion has actual stats, historical context and a balanced, informed, unemotional PoV of the topic at hand.

hawt take is the anthesis of an opinion.

Not that Brady doesn't always give 100 percent but the way this deal us structured means he probably will be even more motivated to succeed. For one he wants to prove he still will belong and be needed by the Pats and if they wind up offering him peanuts then other teams will see what his performance was and will pay him well. Either way I think we get psycho on the fieldTom this year

It is what it is. ;)

Haha. Yeah maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. We'll see.

I just think Brady has been consistent over the years. Accepting a narrative that he values money over winning is hawt takish to me.

Going to another team, learning or teaching the system and building continuity with the entire team for a big ass paycheck sounds hawt takish to me.

The dude is metrosexual-ish. He's not going to sport a ten gallon hat and a pair of chaps. Haha.

He either plays another year or retires. Imo.

Actually, shouldn't someone alert the ASPCA since they are being meanies to a GOAT?

Yea I don't think he is super happy. I dont even think he is happy. That doesn't mean he is unhappy. Like he said, it is what it is. He is ambivalent at this point. Like he said, he's got 2019 and he's focusing on 2019. He knows that if he plays lights out, he is free to do what he wants in 2020 w/o having to worry about being tagged.
What an oppressive worry that would be. At age 43, a one year guarantee of ~28 million. He probably wouldn't be able to sleep at night from the stress and worry.

I'd like to think an opinion has actual stats, historical context and a balanced, informed, unemotional PoV of the topic at hand.

hawt take is the anthesis of an opinion.
If that's the case then this entire forum is a giant hawt take, lmao.

What an oppressive worry that would be. At age 43, a one year guarantee of ~28 million. He probably wouldn't be able to sleep at night from the stress and worry.
28M? Where is that coming from?

This one is really for @Tunescribe , but never forget that Bill Belichick was winless as HC of the NYJ.
He also was undefeated, untied and never scored upon. Best performance in Jete head coaching history. ;)

Last edited:
The reality is, Tom has 1 to 3 seasons left. He is wealthy well beyond most of our comprehension, so he and his kids and their kids don't need the money. He is doing it because he loves the game and wants to be respected.

The Patriots have to prepare for life after Tom. Giving him a long term contract seems completely un Patriot like to me. All of you who are crying about giving him a long term deal now, would be *****ing about it in 3 years if Brady wasn't playing any longer and the team was in cap hell because of the long term deal you want them to sign him to.

If his play is outstanding this year, and the Patriots refuse to pay him what he is worth for the following season I will be mad at the Pats. If Tom refuses to negotiate this off season and leaves for a year or two I will be pissed at him.

I would keep going year to year as long as he wants to, and is able to play at that high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back